Who would win this year? BA vs Maryville

ThatMan

That Ensworth team that waxed Maryville would have done so in a real game as well. They were ranked 7 in the nation at the end of the year and beat top programs from other states. They were the best high school football team I've seen. No one in the state could have beat them that year. Chech out Corn Elder highlights on YouTube. He's now returning kicks for touchdowns at Miami. No one could stop him. He's just one of many DIV I talent that graduated from that team.

Let's be honest Maryville is the best traditionally year in and year out. However the schedules that BA or Ensworth play are literally lke the SEC of high school football. The top 4 teams in DIV II-AA are consistently in the top 10 of all classifications. Football at its very finest.

This years game no one knows cause it's the IFL. Being from east tennesse but now working with DIV-II-AA schools I may be one of the few on this board to have actually seen both of these teams and their competition play consistently. Maryville fans you're fooling yourself if you don't think this large private school division isn't the best in the state. BA youre fooling yourselves if you don't think GQ is the best coach in the state.

Bottom line. This game would come down to BA's athletes (more than anyone in the state by far) vs Maryville's coaching staff. I honestly can't say either team would win my more then a touchdown. This would be a nail biter.

Ya , and Funny thing is Webb has about the same Students as BA & Ensworth .... 

Oh about Corn Elder ... ever hear of Randall Cobb ?? Brandon Warren ?? Ray Sykes ?? those guys had something in common , they were 0 and 4 against Maryville .... 

Edited by pepvol

Ya , and Funny thing is Webb has about the same Students as BA & Ensworth ....

Oh about Corn Elder ... ever hear of Randall Cobb ?? Brandon Warren ?? Ray Sykes ?? those guys had something in common , they were 0 and 4 against Maryville ....

Webbs enrollment...What's that have to do with the price of rice? Off topic for sure.

Sorry none of the Alcoa Teams were as loaded as that Ensworth team. I guarantee you that you didn't see them play or even see them warmup for you to even make that comparison. Was Alcoa ever ranked 7th in the country by USA Today or beat the dog brakes out of other Nationaly ranked teams like Trinity?....I'll wait....I'll give you the answer. No. Sorry bro no one in the state would touch that Ensworth team that year. You may be able to look up two games that aired on ESPN if they are still online. Then you'll begin to understand.

Edited by Spartan4Life

Webbs enrollment...What's that have to do with the price of rice? Off topic for sure.

Sorry none of the Alcoa Teams were as loaded as that Ensworth team. I guarantee you that you didn't see them play or even see them warmup for you to even make that comparison. Was Alcoa ever ranked 7th in the country by USA Today or beat the dog brakes out of other Nationaly ranked teams like Trinity?....I'll wait....I'll give you the answer. No. Sorry bro no one in the state would touch that Ensworth team that year. You may be able to look up two games that aired on ESPN if they are still online. Then you'll begin to understand.

I did not say we would beat ensworth .... actually I have never , ever said Maryville would beat someone before they played them , or like you did here , pick a winner when you know they're not playing ... I've never joined the IFL , but I was the one who started the IFL just for guys like you . 

I said "about Corn Elder" , and then I mentioned a few Players , including Randall Cobb that had never Beat Maryville . I was trying to let you know that Maryville has beat many teams with great athletes , and several great Running backs .... of course that didn't make a difference to you , you had Maryville getting drilled in your IFL game , congratulations that is your choice and your freedom to make it . 

btw , if you're gonna brag on DII - AA , BA & Ensworth ,  then you should mention that your team which has about the same amount of students as they do very wisely chooses to play in DII-A ... since it's a lot easier to get Gold Balls against Schools with less than 200 students . That disclosure would actually just enhance the point you're wanting to make .

Edited by pepvol

I did not say we would beat ensworth .... actually I have never , ever said Maryville would beat someone before they played them , or like you did here , pick a winner when you know they're not playing ... I've never joined the IFL , but I was the one who started the IFL just for guys like you .

I said "about Corn Elder" , and then I mentioned a few Players , including Randall Cobb that had never Beat Maryville . I was trying to let you know that Maryville has beat many teams with great athletes , and several great Running backs .... of course that didn't make a difference to you , you had Maryville getting drilled in your IFL game , congratulations that is your choice and your freedom to make it .

btw , if you're gonna brag on DII - AA , BA & Ensworth , then you should mention that your team which has about the same amount of students as they do very wisely chooses to play in DII-A ... since it's a lot easier to get Gold Balls against Schools with less than 200 students . That disclosure would actually just enhance the point you're wanting to make .

Lol. I being from east Tennessee understand Maryville constantly beats teams with great talent. They also have lost two a couple in the state championship. Ensworth was better then that Whitehaven team Maryville lost to. I for one think Maryville can and will usually beat teams with better talent because of GQ. And they just might beat BA this year. But that particular year no one in the state was touching ensworth and hardly anyone in the country. 6 teams could according to USA Today. For Maryville to only pick up one first down in an entire scrimmage that ensworth scored on just about every possession should tell you something.

I am extremely unbaised unlike you because I have no dog in this fight. IM not an Ensworth Fan or a Maryville fan. I just call it how I see it and most years Maryville would find a way....that year wasn't one of them.

Lol you clealry have no idea about DII ball to even bring up Webb, the enrollment, and classifications. Webb fielded 30 players this year. Of Which 4 were seniors. If Webb cared half as much as BA or Ensworth does about football we could be the Ensworth of Knoxville. However a former school president at Webb made sure our program would go downhill with his vision to make Webb an arts school. Thank God he's gone now and maybe our program can recover and get back up to the days when we fielded bigger rosters and more talent. Webb lost in the first round of the small division playolffs this year. Yea we were definately dominate with or 5-5 record this year.

Stick to talking about public school ball you clearly know nothing about DIV II.

Lol. I being from east Tennessee understand Maryville constantly beats teams with great talent. They also have lost two a couple in the state championship. Ensworth was better then that Whitehaven team Maryville lost to. I for one think Maryville can and will usually beat teams with better talent because of GQ. And they just might beat BA this year. But that particular year no one in the state was touching ensworth and hardly anyone in the country. 6 teams could according to USA Today. For Maryville to only pick up one first down in an entire scrimmage that ensworth scored on just about every possession should tell you something.

I am extremely unbaised unlike you because I have no dog in this fight. IM not an Ensworth Fan or a Maryville fan. I just call it how I see it and most years Maryville would find a way....that year wasn't one of them.

Lol you clealry have no idea about DII ball to even bring up Webb, the enrollment, and classifications. Webb fielded 30 players this year. Of Which 4 were seniors. If Webb cared half as much as BA or Ensworth does about football we could be the Ensworth of Knoxville. However a former school president at Webb made sure our program would go downhill with his vision to make Webb an arts school. Thank God he's gone now and maybe our program can recover and get back up to the days when we fielded bigger rosters and more talent. Webb lost in the first round of the small division playolffs this year. Yea we were definately dominate with or 5-5 record this year.

Stick to talking about public school ball you clearly know nothing about DIV II.

Well I guess reading Comprehension wasn't in your Private School Curriculum ... once again .... and I'll try to type real slow so you'll understand this .... I'm not saying Maryville would of beat Ensworth ... I've probably got 15 years of posts on here and you can research all you want , I have never Claimed Maryville would beat a team ... either before they actually play ... or in your IFL ... I just pointed out that Maryville had played a lot of teams with Talent ... you threw out Corn Elder , I trumped you with Randall Cobb ... if Corn is Starting for the Packers in a couple of years I'll come back and apologize to you . 

I know enough about DII To know there's a good reason Webb chooses to play down while others their size play up ... you can't cry about Poor little Webb when you spend a whole week telling Oak Ridge how awful they are before they put 60 something on you . 

Edited by pepvol

Well I guess reading Comprehension wasn't in your Private School Curriculum ... once again .... and I'll try to type real slow so you'll understand this .... I'm not saying Maryville would of beat Ensworth ... I've probably got 15 years of posts on here and you can research all you want , I have never Claimed Maryville would beat a team ... either before they actually play ... or in your IFL ... I just pointed out that Maryville had played a lot of teams with Talent ... you threw out Corn Elder , I trumped you with Randall Cobb ... if Corn is Starting for the Packers in a couple of years I'll come back and apologize to you .

I know enough about DII To know there's a good reason Webb chooses to play down while others their size play up ... you can't cry about Poor little Webb when you spend a whole week telling Oak Ridge how awful they are before they put 60 something on you .

I get your point. I never said you said they would win. I'm just telling you why I believe Ensworth would have. You should know that a football team is more than just one player. Corn Elder wasn't the only D1 Player on that team. The team was loaded with them. It's not about single players. It's about the collective unit. You should know that with your 15 years of message board experience.

Lol you're a funny one. I never said OR was bad. And I said Webb (worst team in over 15 years) would lose to OR this year. My only point on that board since you want to bring up things that have nothing to do with this thread or conversation was that the 2009, 2010, and 2013 Webb teams were good enough to hand OR their lunch. That's all I said along with Coach Meske being a great coach. So who really has the reading comprehension issues? Lol you're a funny guy. What other words would you like to put in my mouth?

Edited by Spartan4Life

Sparten4Life you need to be proud of and cheer for your Webb Spartans and leave Oak Ridge and Maryville alone. Telling me about what Webb did last friday night or 10 years ago doesn't mean squat. The same as "if" I did the same about Oak Ridge. Don't do it, don't want to hear about it.

Moving on!

WILDCAT PRIDE 

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Edited by bounder

Sparten4Life you need to be proud of and cheer for you Webb Spartans and leave Oak Ridge and Maryville alone. Telling me about what Webb did last friday night or 10 years ago doesn't mean squat. The same "if" I did the same about Oak Ridge. Don't do it, don't want to hear about it.

Moving on!

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Hahahahaha no ones making excuses or saying if. I have no idea how this conversation went from BA vs Maryville to Webbs JV team vs OR best team in a decade. But if you'd like to start a new thread about that we can. Or we can get back to talking about the actual thread.

I actually cover high school sports for a living. So I've had the opportunity of seeing a lot of teams play. Once again back to topic. Im not a Maryville fan. I'm not an Ensworth fan. I just have seen them both that year and know Ensworth would have won. Unbaised opinion. Unlike everyone on this board.

As far as BA vs Maryville I will once again say I think it's a toss up. BA athletes vs Maryville coaching. Hard to say who would win. Woudnt be suprised with either team winning.

Edited by Spartan4Life

man i have never heard anyone from MARYVILLE say un ugly word about Webb. Have mothing but respect for Menske and his team. As for Ensworth , i was at that scrimmage and had a son on the team. They dominated us from the 1st play and dismantled the REBELS never had seen that and havent seen it since. Ensworth was a great team that year. MARYVILLE gets a national ranking most every year but we dont b put a lot into because in order to achieve that we would have to beat manh teams that we are just not on par with week in and out. Not saying that i dont believe that we couldnt compete, i guess thats why there is no national playoff.