Who has the best middle school feeder pipeline to Highschool? Not clu.

anotherback

There should be some good MS action tonight as Richview and Tullahoma both visit Blackman.

The MTSU MS duals on Saturday should also be competitive as Spring Station will meet a number of Central Tennessee Wrestling Conference teams.

How did that work out for Blackman, wrestling two strong teams in the same night. Can't really cushion your record like that. I think Richview and Beech beat them last year pretty bad. 

Great matches this past weekend at the MTSU Alumni Duals.  Middle School Division results:

1. Spring Station 2. Blackman 3. Richview 4. Beech 5. Oakland 6. Black & Gold (Hendersonville)

The Blackman/Richview match was another close one, with the dual coming down to the final 2 matches for the second time this year.  Look for those teams to fight to win the Central Tennessee Middle School Conference this year.

Congrats to Pete Miller and the Spring Station staff for winning both the Middle School and High School duals this past week end! 

As a state, is great to see everyone squaring off for the first time in some 20 years. Thanks to all of the coaching getting behind this and allowing Tennessee wrestling to stretch itself and not hinder growth now.

Hats off to these tournaments with all divisions involved, I.e. The Hill, McCallie, now Bradley, Soddy, GP West, Iron Horse and in recent years, the tradionally toughest Cleveland Duals!!

Blackman is not using only Blackman kids. They are using kids from at least Siegel and Eagleville and maybe others, on the middle school team.

You better check your facts.  Blackman has ONE kid from Siegel on the middle school team.  And that kid's family has been around our program for years. 

And while I am in defense mode, Blackman had two starters out in the finals match vs Spring Station.  They gave them 18 points from the get go.  Who knows what may have happened if they had been at full strength. 

As for oldblazedad worrying about the schedule strength, we are wrestling everyone we can.  Not sure why you are still hating on Blackman.

“Remember, people only rain on your parade because they’re jealous of your sun and tired of their shade.â€
                                                                  - unknown

You know, i had thought mediocre wrestlers posting on CoachT guaranteeing region and state titles for their team was the most embarrassing and cringeworthy thing to possibly post. I stand corrected

I learned a lot from my father, but this one in particular I've always found to be true - if you're that good, people will do the bragging for you!

In my mind, you started looking at this post for one reason- you wanted the ego boost of seeing some wrestling "expert" on the forum mention you and your boys- and when it wasn't there you got upset. Is a forum filled with average wrestling fans, HS wrestler, and daddies looking for wrestling moms (BCB, I haven't seen your name on here in too long) really where you go for recognition?

I'm gonna give you some of the same advice I give the high school wrestlers I know. Don't look at the forums, don't look at the rankings, just get in the gym and perfect your craft.

And let's be honest, we keep holding ourselves back by looking to be the best in TN. That does no good when there are programs outside our state (Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, even our neighbor Georgia) that tend to have 10x the success we do. To be the best, we have to train to beat everyone, not just the jabronis in our region. More guys fighting to be on the national duals teams and go to Fargo each summer raises the level of everyone.

Sorry for the rant, but I don't post to often and sometimes I have a lot to say. Anyone who took the time to read my essay, feel free to comment

Did I guarantee any titles? No, but did I make an "attack" on foolball96? Yes I will admit that. Truthfully my statement wasn't even a bold one but nice of you to try and "big brother" me and interject yourself into a matter between myself and foolball96. Honestly, I could care less what he thinks because I (and others) believe him to be a dishonest poster hiding behind a screen name. Not to mention he tries be play the good guy by dissing me for "not showing class" when he clearly led by example by telling me to STFU for pointing out he never wrestled. Another prime example of him talking out of both sides of his mouth...

That said, the only opinions I respect are those I am responsible for, report to, or friends I've made in the "wresting family". Foolball96 is not one of those, but that doesn't mean I am going to disrespect yours because I don't know you well enough to have formed an opinion like you seemed to have done with me. Am I sometimes a smar --- or even a little bit cocky? Maybe, but I certainly didn't get that way by being a "mediocre wrestler" or assuming things about people whom I know nothing about. So to correct you're assumption, my initial response was more of a jab at foolball96 here and less of a bid for attention or a shot at any of the fine youth coaches in TN.

I have gotten a ton of support from people within our program thus far in rebuilding a previously non existent program. Honestly, I am lucky to be in the position I'm in and in the future will keep my bravado reigned in a bit since I appear to have touched a nerve with you. But to the original poster I apologize for hijacking your thread as that was not my intention. To answer your question, if you had to ask me who has the top youth program based on past and current success I will have to give that to Bradley. If there's a program out there I want mine to emulate, it would be theirs and hopefully we can achieve a fraction of the success those guys have achieved in their illustrious program. Rant over and don't expect any further responses me on this topic (even if there's more nonsense coming from Foolball96)....

Edited by JSamson7
  • Upvote 1

Did I guarantee any titles? No, but did I make an "attack" on foolball96? Yes I will admit that. Truthfully my statement wasn't even a bold one but nice of you to try and "big brother" me and interject yourself into a matter between myself and foolball96. Honestly, I could care less what he thinks because I (and others) believe him to be a dishonest poster hiding behind a screen name. Not to mention he tries be play the good guy by dissing me for "not showing class" when he clearly led by example by telling me to STFU for pointing out he never wrestled. Another prime example of him talking out of both sides of his mouth...

That said, the only opinions I respect are those I am responsible for, report to, or friends I've made in the "wresting family". Foolball96 is not one of those, but that doesn't mean I am going to disrespect yours because I don't know you well enough to have formed an opinion like you seemed to have done with me. Am I sometimes a smar --- or even a little bit cocky? Maybe, but I certainly didn't get that way by being a "mediocre wrestler" or assuming things about people whom I know nothing about. So to correct you're assumption, my initial response was more of a jab at foolball96 here and less of a bid for attention or a shot at any of the fine youth coaches in TN.

I have gotten a ton of support from people within our program thus far in rebuilding a previously non existent program. Honestly, I am lucky to be in the position I'm in and in the future will keep my bravado reigned in a bit since I appear to have touched a nerve with you. But to the original poster I apologize for hijacking your thread as that was not my intention. To answer your question, if you had to ask me who has the top youth program based on past and current success I will have to give that to Bradley. If there's a program out there I want mine to emulate, it would be theirs and hopefully we can achieve a fraction of the success those guys have achieved in their illustrious program. Rant over and don't expect any further responses me on this topic (even if there's more nonsense coming from Foolball96)....

You are so funny dude. Do you know me? I'm sorry that you hate on me and Cleveland. You started this mess by calling me out yet you don't even know who the heck I am. If your a coach, which I highly doubt, I feel sorry for your kids.

I would agree that Bradley HAD the best feeder but I did say HAS so right now I'd say Cleveland Middle is on a tear. Also in the past Baylor could be thrown into the conversation. But currently hard to argue what CMS is doing. You are correct in If you want to model your program you need to do want Morris did with the kids club and Belcher helped with at Lake Forrest as well as a few Ocoee did for the Bears. I think Bosken and Higher Calling and Eric Mountain and really the entire group of coaches and supporters are doing including taking large groups out of state more and more and they also open their doors for many who won't attend Cleveland , will end up helping TN wrestling even more on a National level. JMO