District 11 aa Basketball

Beagle

What does waverly have left?

No Idea  but they are quiet

Camden had a OT game with Henry County Tuesday night.  Camden won 67-64...one of our football kids played his first ever organised/coached BB game and he    had 3 key steals and 2 clutch 3 pointers going down the stretch to force the OT. We  now have 3 kids that can make you pay for double( and sometimes last night)Triple teaming Vick.  Should be a pretty good season for Camden.  Not going to be playing with Creek Wood or anything  from the sound of it.

Edited by Beagle

No Idea but they are quiet

Camden had a OT game with Henry County Tuesday night. Camden won 67-64...one of our football kids played his first ever organised/coached BB game and he had 3 key steals and 2 clutch 3 pointers going down the stretch to force the OT. We now have 3 kids that can make you pay for double( and sometimes last night)Triple teaming Vick. Should be a pretty good season for Camden. Not going to be playing with Creek Wood or anything from the sound of it.

Did Henry County have their football players for that game?

Did Henry County have their football players for that game?

I was told they only have one and he is a reserve.  They are not known for basketball anyway. There student sections best and most used  cheer is "lets play football"  LOL  

Camden beat a very good Huntington team after being down at half by 10 won by 10 and laid a whooping on Bigsandy to start 3-0  

Teams a lot better then we thought we would have but how good remains to be seen .

Kids around Vick are stepping up and his game has improved in all areas.  He is really seeing the floor  and trusts his team to capitalize on some great passes. We have 3 that can throw down dunks! I can't remember a team with those kinds of hops at Camden.  

Oh and the new kids a real baller  not on Vicks level but not far off. Hard to believe he never played any coached Ball. He has the calm  coolness of an assasin from 3 and the quickness to go by you if you blink. I dont see him being a reserve much longer 

Edited by Beagle

After hearing about the lockdown defense Camden put on Huntingdon and Big Sandy along with Vick's presence I feel like Camden has a chance to compete with anyone in the district except for Creekwood. I can't wait to see them play, sounds like they have a kid who can shut anyone down

We play good defense but i dont know about a kid shutting down anyone..3 kids on Phifer from Big Sandy all night in 3 minute shifts  he was clearly flustered.We doubled him on the in bounds and tried to keep the ball out of his hands as much as possible I bet he still had 23-25 points  but he worked for evey last one.  Wish he played at Camden .

Now if I had to guess who our best defender was it would be Vick and then Hayden with Hayden using more of his energy on the defensive end for sure. He gives his all  like the energizer bunny

Edited by Beagle

Creekwood lost to Montgomery Central? Is that a typo?

That can't be right. That's early for a district game. Stewart County lost to a very good Rossview team and then beat a solid Henry County team this week. They are now 2-2 on the season with wins over West Creek & Henry County and losses to Kenwood & Rossview. Next Tuesday's game with Creek Wood will be a good one.

32-29 creek wood at the half Camden has foul issues.  Havent seen a Charge call on this side of the river all season(not that i havent seen any they just get called blocking)..Charges seem to  actually get called in Middle Tn..kudos to the refs.  I am not at the game  I am getting updates