Why wait!? HAMPTON HOSTS GCA!

Raven52

Alright gents I'm gonna get me a nap and when I wake up we roll out! You'll hear the herd charging up the mountain to do battle with them stubby legged dawgs!

Guys...I'm heading up from Bass Pro now. Look forward to seeing everybody in a few hours.

Raven...you not telling about the team flying up in the plane???

You got that right Lawnman. I'm no EXPERT but I think we win by double figures. That could be 10 or 20, if we can get a few stops and get to rolling,WWHHHHOOOAAAAAAA NELLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. This team is MUCH better than some might think.

I agree with you on the score and this team plays as a team and they have no quit in them.I hope Dale and John are there broadcasting the game so I can listen tonight.

Respectfully, Miles' parents requested to start the scholarship in his honor. It's not a scholarship to play football at the school. It's a scholarship to provide a kid the opportunity to go to a camp where he may not have had the chance before. I think it's a wonderful way to honor their son's memory. In the wake of their grief, I really don't think their intent is to try to "recruit" athletes to Grace.

Giving Scholarships to Grace football youth camps sounds strange to me. But if its for needy kids and kids thats not going to attend Grace, I think its OUTSTANDING. Prayers for the family 14, I think you lost a great kid and fine athlete. So sad.

Now I'm gonna quiz  you on you're knowledge of the NFL. You better be good,I've been at this for nearly 50 years. Ever hear of Len Dawson or Otis Taylor.

Giving Scholarships to Grace football youth camps sounds strange to me. But if its for needy kids and kids thats not going to attend Grace, I think its OUTSTANDING. Prayers for the family 14, I think you lost a great kid and fine athlete. So sad.

Now I'm gonna quiz  you on you're knowledge of the NFL. You better be good,I've been at this for nearly 50 years. Ever hear of Len Dawson or Otis Taylor.

Thanks pujo. Didn't mean to get up in arms, just a little raw still. Brings back memories of the other 2 we lost. The first one, two years ago, was a classmate of mine for many years and also was hit by a car. We really appreciate the thoughts and prayers from everyone.

Now as to your quizzing. Perhaps I should be a bit more specific. While I have heard of Len and Otis, (more about Otis, he played for the Chiefs' right?), that's pretty much it. NFL history is not my strong suit. It's been going on a lot longer than I've been alive, afterall. :) When I say I follow the NFL, I mean more currently. I watch as many games as I can and try to keep up with records, injuries, coaches, and other such things, along with the players. Fun fact: Jason Witten is and has been my favorite football player ever since he was at UT. This is partly due to his skill and his character. He's a fine man on and off the field. I also like him as a tight end, because that is one of my favorite positions, and I believe tight ends are underutilized in all levels of the sport, middle/highschool on up into the pros.