Golden Eagles at The Owls Nest!

MicasaMaster

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree with plastering his face all over social media, or these tasteless comments about him. I coached him in his elementary years in youth ball. I have special memories of this kid (grown man now) and this breaks my heart. I have always had extremely high hopes for him and am very proud of him but for these accusations, he needs to be in street clothes till this is resolved. Take a suspension like a man, get through the legal system like a man, hold your head high and take the high road. He will still play in college. This will maybe teach him something and will stay on the straight and narrow in college. Just my opinion.

Regardless of the game there are more important things at stake here. This young man was arrested and charged according to news reports that all I have to go on is what I have read. With that being said and being a former administrator if this kid plays they better have concrete proof he is innocent or there will be some administrators and an AD looking for a job in the near future. Call it what you want but this is a serious issue. Hopefully this young man will learn from this and take the necessary steps to better himself for the future.

I may be relatively new to CoachT, but I do know a thing or two about class. The actions of a certain fan who claims to support my alma mater's team are uncalled for, unsportsmanlike, and lacking in clsss. Classless fan aside, this situation branches far beyond the game tomorrow. This could have serious implications for this young man. From what I had heard/read about him before this incident, I was under the impression that he was a classy guy. Whether this is a case of an emotionally charged accident, true malicious contact, or something else, the consequences still remain. I heard today that he won't be considered any further in regards to the Mr. Football award that he's spent most of his life to this point earning by showing exceptional character on and off the field. This, to me, would be a devastating blow, not to mention his face being plastered on social media all over our area. This kid may be found guilty and be punished, but I would hope that people would have the decency to let the authorities that be review the evidence. Innocent until proven guilty, right? Hence why I won't say if he's innocent or not. All I do know is this: A player's reputation is in shambles and a community and its team have been rocked to their core. Please have some class and respect for players no matter what team they play for.

Regardless of the game there are more important things at stake here. This young man was arrested and charged according to news reports that all I have to go on is what I have read. With that being said and being a former administrator if this kid plays they better have concrete proof he is innocent or there will be some administrators and an AD looking for a job in the near future. Call it what you want but this is a serious issue. Hopefully this young man will learn from this and take the necessary steps to better himself for the future.

This +1000

a community and its team have been rocked to their core. Please have some class and respect for players no matter what team they play for.

as someone who has worked in ooltewah for a decent amount of time, I don't think the community has been "rocked to their core" this week. Most people who live in ooltewah couldn't tell you what the mascot is.