Shout out to Coach Martin and Staff

sportsnerd

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir, get your priorities right! Thou shall not leave the country until after the playoffs are over, or until your team is out of the race, whichever comes first.

Ha - I hear ya! Well, taking the wife on a "bucket list" place the only time we can trumps our Lions loyalty this year. We've been there through the years many times when others haven't, so no guilt felt here. Good luck to you this weekend. Still wish we would schedule you guys for a home/away during regular season someday. Seems we can't get past the west the same year you get past the Tornado to meet in the title game.

Ha - I hear ya! Well, taking the wife on a "bucket list" place the only time we can trumps our Lions loyalty this year. We've been there through the years many times when others haven't, so no guilt felt here. Good luck to you this weekend. Still wish we would schedule you guys for a home/away during regular season someday. Seems we can't get past the west the same year you get past the Tornado to meet in the title game.

Be careful nerd, traveling anywhere outside the country is getting dangerous no matter where you go.

Ha - I hear ya! Well, taking the wife on a "bucket list" place the only time we can trumps our Lions loyalty this year. We've been there 

Ha, sounds like a wonderful trip; hope you and your wife have a great time. I know what you mean about being there when others haven't. I have seen a lot of "fans" come and go after graduation. With the changes in the TSSAA, I think we will have a chance for a home and home soon!

Be careful nerd, traveling anywhere outside the country is getting dangerous no matter where you go.

Thanks, and we will, but I'll be darned that I am going to let the terrorists win by controlling my life through fear. That is what they want, and what the world has allowed them to do, but not me. Someday people will figure out that we need to take the terror to them.

Ha, sounds like a wonderful trip; hope you and your wife have a great time. I know what you mean about being there when others haven't. I have seen a lot of "fans" come and go after graduation. With the changes in the TSSAA, I think we will have a chance for a home and home soon!

I was at the games when we had to borrow a Middle School field to play on, and now when I go to the games, I am lucky to see 10 people I know other than faculty. To be honest, the crowds are pretty low, IMO. I think people don't appreciate how blessed we are to have some success now, and winning has lost its excitement for many. Even the student section was slim last week. Well, times have changed.

One exception this year was the Ensworth game at Ensworth. We had as many fans there as they did and it is a big facility, but was packed. Great atmosphere.

I was at the games when we had to borrow a Middle School field to play on, and now when I go to the games, I am lucky to see 10 people I know other than faculty. To be honest, the crowds are pretty low, IMO. I think people don't appreciate how blessed we are to have some success now, and winning has lost its excitement for many. Even the student section was slim last week. Well, times have changed.

One exception this year was the Ensworth game at Ensworth. We had as many fans there as they did and it is a big facility, but was packed. Great atmosphere.

Heard Omer was the Titans player of the week. I hope Ingle gets him the recognition he deserves with college coaches. That kid is very fast and has the build to be an OLB at a lower tier college or SS at othere.

Kinda surprised to hear that crowds are down in an "up" year for CPA. It is to be expected if you have a couple of great years and then a rebuilding year, that some are going to stay home instead of watching their team who went 14-1 last year go 5-5 in a rebuilding year. But with CPA contending for another state championship (potentially) I would think "fans" would be there for every game.

...To be honest, the crowds are pretty low, IMO. I think people don't appreciate how blessed we are to have some success now, and winning has lost its excitement for many. Even the student section was slim last week. Well, times have changed...

What, CPA fans not appreciative? Guess I shouldn't be surprised. I can remember when divepix posted the year after two straight years of winning, first ever championships, state tourney appearance, etc. the CPA fan base was discouraged when a young, inexperienced team was competitive, but had a losing record. Sad how the pendulum swings back and forth.