McKenzie vs. TCA - Round 2

VOLnWTN

Did he not play the first part of the season?

Yes, but he was at a different position.  Since his move to quarterback something has just clicked.  It's all about getting your players in the right positions.  Goldsmith and several others changed positions after we started the season 0-4 and it has worked.  We play so many freshman and sophomores.  It takes time for them to adjust and buy into the system.  Everyone on this team is now on the same page and they are ALL IN.

Edited by ReitzFan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but he was at a different position.  Since his move to quarterback something has just clicked.  It's all about getting your players in the right positions.  Goldsmith and several others changed positions after we started the season 0-4 and it has worked.  We play so many freshman and sophomores.  It takes time for them to adjust and buy into the system.  Everyone on this team is now on the same page and they are ALL IN.

Sounds like the 2nd time around against some of these teams is working. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

Sounds like the 2nd time around against some of these teams is working. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

Thanks! MCKenzie is a very good football team that is extremely balanced offensively. They will present many challenges as Reitz said. Their QB is All state for a reason. He's fast and very intelligent and has a rocket arm. Our season has literally been like a movie. Starting 0-4(we did play some tough teams early) and winning 7 of next 8. The only loss coming to McKenzie. We were up 17-7 against McKenzie and driving when Goldsmith went down in first Q and lost 44-24. Who knows what the outcome would have been but it doesn't really matter, McKenzie is tough and won't be an easy game with Goldsmith at full speed. If you haven't seen his highlights you are missing an amazing show. He had a 50+ yard TD run against Aville and made a spin move that was insane to break a tackle. He can sling it as well and no he isn't my son!! Lol. IF and I mean a big IF we beat McKenzie we then face the Monster in Memphis! I know Hampton and Marion are outstanding teams but I can't imagine them being any better than the Monster in Memphis. Good luck to you guys!

Thanks! MCKenzie is a very good football team that is extremely balanced offensively. They will present many challenges as Reitz said. Their QB is All state for a reason. He's fast and very intelligent and has a rocket arm. Our season has literally been like a movie. Starting 0-4(we did play some tough teams early) and winning 7 of next 8. The only loss coming to McKenzie. We were up 17-7 against McKenzie and driving when Goldsmith went down in first Q and lost 44-24. Who knows what the outcome would have been but it doesn't really matter, McKenzie is tough and won't be an easy game with Goldsmith at full speed. If you haven't seen his highlights you are missing an amazing show. He had a 50+ yard TD run against Aville and made a spin move that was insane to break a tackle. He can sling it as well and no he isn't my son!! Lol. IF and I mean a big IF we beat McKenzie we then face the Monster in Memphis! I know Hampton and Marion are outstanding teams but I can't imagine them being any better than the Monster in Memphis. Good luck to you guys!

We have a decent team. Pretty young and just excited to still be alive in the playoffs. We lose a couple skill players this season but return around 17 or 18 starters for next year. What we're doing now will help us next season .

Whichever one of us comes out of this one, has a HUGE challenge in front of them next week.  They have scored 106 pts in two games and given up zero.  Granted, they are coming from 4A down to 2A and I think returned most of their team which lost the 4A title game 29 to 20 last year to Knoxville Fulton.  

Back to work tomorrow. We have got a big task ahead of us but I know we will come out ready to play some Friday night football! The past few weeks the boys have been fired up, so I know this is going to be a battle no doubt about it. Both teams want this one really bad! Hoping for an injury free game and a fight till the end! May the better team win and go on to represent the west. See yall Friday night!