McKenzie vs. TCA - Round 2

VOLnWTN

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 hours until kickoff. I normal try to post stats and comparisons but McKenzie doesn't post their stats on Preps Max. I will make a few comparisons based on what I have seen and heard.

Offense: McKenzie is super balanced. They have a really good little scat back that can hurt you. They have a great QB who can run and throw and uses play action better than anybody I've seen all year. Receivers are solid. Of course TCA has Goldsmith. TCA also has the advantage at receiver as they are more experienced and bigger and faster. TCA has a good little RB as well but I think McKenzie has the advantage there. This is a close one but advantage TCA due to Goldsmith and his ability to break the long one.

Defense: TCA's defense has recently been playing exceptionally well. McKenzie's defense appears to have played well all year long. I think this is dead even.

Special Teams: Last game McKenzie won this battle but I believe TCA has made huge strides in this area. I think this is dead even as well.

Coaching: Comer has experience in these games as does Butler. Both are great coaches. Dead Even

I think this is going to be a close game and could come down to the last five minutes but my gut says TCA by 2 TD's. TCA 42 McKenzie 28

I will add on other factor and that's the usual turnover battle. Whichever team is net +2 or more will win the game. We were +3 in Aville game and I'm pretty sure McKenzie was + something in the JC game.

Two great teams with two totally different approaches. Both have talent and strengths and both have weaknesses.

This is going to be a fun game to watch!!

Edited by TCAIntense

Congrats on great season! Should be a good one. I think Mckenzie could be a better match up against Trezevant bc of the pass. TCA will not run On Trezevant. I think TCA puts this away by mid 4th quarter. But next Friday there will be a running clock on yall by the 3rd. Food for thought!

I will address your comments IF we get by McKenzie. They are wayyyy too good to be looking ahead to Trez AND they beat us the last time.

Game day! I have a lot of respect for both programs, and I've seen both teams play. Both teams have a different style offense but, both offenses are very effective and both teams can put up some points! Both teams have very good defenses and I think the defense is what's going to make the difference in this game. I know I'm being captain obvious but, both teams are very good or they wouldn't be playing tonight! If TCA brings the same defense that played against us last Friday night, then I believe TCA will win convincingly. If not, it will be close. Either way, it's going to be a battle tonight! JMO. Good luck tonight and praying for an injury free night!