Whitwell Football

GeorgeWBush

How do you get 900 kids? SP has 250, Marion 550 and Whitwell 400. Those are close estimates. That is a 1200 student school. Combine them all, play 3A or 4A and you still won't compete like you boys think you will. Have you seen the offensive and defensive lines of teams like Alcoa? Better hope CPA, Notre Dame, CAK and others are gone. This is a rural county. Those schools that you would be paired against can pull from more urban areas than rural Marion County can. Athletics wouldn't be as dominant as you would think.

Edited by TheAmbassador

How do you get 900 kids? SP has 250, Marion 550 and Whitwell 400. Those are close estimates. That is a 1200 student school. Combine them all, play 3A or 4A and you still won't compete like you boys think you will. Have you seen the offensive and defensive lines of teams like Alcoa? Better hope CPA, Notre Dame, CAK and others are gone. This is a rural county. Those schools that you would be paired against can pull from more urban areas than rural Marion County can. Athletics wouldn't be as dominant as you would think.

Give me an email and i will explain it to you as it was told to me. Not sure if it was to be public info or not. Im not sure it is correct either but he was sure of it. I think we would compete with the three a teams just fine. Mc or sp can normally compete with notre dame maybe minus last year. Our kids would get better and be developed better because there would be better competition pushing them.

Give me an email and i will explain it to you as it was told to me. Not sure if it was to be public info or not. Im not sure it is correct either but he was sure of it. I think we would compete with the three a teams just fine. Mc or sp can normally compete with notre dame maybe minus last year. Our kids would get better and be developed better because there would be better competition pushing them.

theambassador@ymail.com

You are correct sir, the kids should matter and not a petty rivalry which is what has stood in the way 20 years ago. Whitwell has three newer schools. Marion doesnt, they are using a mddle school that was the old highschool in the fifties i believe. It is like the old whitwell middle. I agree avocational school is needed. College isnt for everyone. Sp only has two schools. Money will be put into the high school to upgrade and make improvements. Jms will go to the mchs building. By true numbers we would be 4a, similar to soddy and east hamilton but i have also heard ways to do the numbers so we would be 3a with about 900 kids and is a common practice with larger schools. If they were to be 3a then the school would be a powerhouse from day one the way the classes are now.

I would wager to say they would not be a power house from day one. They may win the district they were placed in every few years, but once they met Alcoa in the 2nd/3rd round, they'd be done for. I don't see this group of schools being as good as CAK, which is the only eastern team to give Alcoa any trouble

I respect your opinion. Alcoa would be semis. First three rounds,the way they are now, mc could beat most of them alone right now. Guess we will see if it happens.

Alcoa beat ND in playoffs this year. Tyner beat ND in regular season this year. MC beat Tyner twice.

The point is MC is good enough right now to make it to the simi's VS the goons (Alcoa) right now