Whitwell Football

GeorgeWBush

i beg to differ? I can not help but to think that as far as the Marion County's community is concerned Whitwell has been an after thought. Mark Griffith has taken steps to correct the problem . I think corrective steps have been taken, and with the growth of the community Whitwell can do better. Whitwell have people in place to make that happen, it is just going to take a little time.

I think if folks can get past Whitwell's overall record, and look at who they have played. Sequatchie, Marion, S. pItt., Grundy, Bledsoe, and Boyd Bucs. To name a few. Have I lost anybody yet, year in year out those are good teams. If you play teams like that going 5-5 or 7-3 can be considered a great year. Whitwell is a typical 1A program. Just like deer hunting, you have your typical bucks and non-typical bucks. Whitwell is a typical 1A program.

It use to bug the heck,out of me and we would go 5-5 and people said we did not deserve to be in the playoffs, then we would go play an 8-2 Monteray team and beat them by three touchdowns. I would be like here we are, then go play Frendship Christian, or Boyd Bucannaun, get beat then people would say told you they were not any good. Really!

No, that is no longer the issue, opportunity is there, seeing that things are more level now. Jmo.

Edited by possum

i beg to differ? I can not help but to think that as far as the Marion County's community is concerned Whitwell has been an after thought. Mark Griffith has taken steps to correct the problem . I think corrective steps have been taken, and with the growth of the community Whitwell can do better. Whitwell have people in place to make that happen, it is just going to take a little time.

I think if folks can get past Whitwell's overall record, and look at who they have played. Sequatchie, Marion, S. pItt., Grundy, Bledsoe, and Boyd Bucs. To name a few. Have I lost anybody yet, year in year out those are good teams. If you play teams like going 5-5 or 7-3 can be considered a great year. Whitwell is a typical 1A program. Just like deer hunting, you have your typical bucks and non-typical bucks. Whitwell is a typical 1A program.

It use to bug the heck,out of me and we would go 5-5 and people said we did not deserve to be in the playoffs, then we would go play an 8-2 Monteray team and beat them by three touchdowns. I would be like here we are, then go play Frendship Christian, or Boyd Bucannaun, get beat then people would say told you they were not any good. Really!

No, that is no longer the issue, opportunity is there, seeing that things are more level now. Jmo.

Year in and year out Whitwell could be a second round playoff team. Nothing more and nothing less.

Well that is your opinion and you are welcome to it, Hope your team has done better.

Well..... I hate to say it but I'll be your huckleberry ole possum.. Bassy is right again..Your team had the best chance of advancing to at least the thrid round the last two years. A ton of talent but the coaching just isn't there yet! No doubt Helton is a good man from what I hear just not a very good coach. Sounds like he sure knows how to lift them weights though...

Whitwell has severly underachieved the past two years. They should have lost three games at the most this year, 2 at the least. Mc was scared to play them so that loss wasnt on their schedule this year.

I must be lost on this thread looked at the schedule and they won just about what I thought they would where they supposed to be any better this year. Edited by orngnblk

I must be lost on this thread looked at the schedule and they won just about what I thought they would where they supposed to be any better this year.

They went 6-6. The losses they had were all to better football teams. Bledsoe, Sequatchie, SP, Davidson Academy and Columbia Academy (twice) were all better. Second round is the ceiling for this program. They had a good year.

They went 6-6. The losses they had were all to better football teams. Bledsoe, Sequatchie, SP, Davidson Academy and Columbia Academy (twice) were all better. Second round is the ceiling for this program. They had a good year.

That was my thinking they just about topped out this yr.After what they lost I don't expect much next year either.