Whitwell Football

GeorgeWBush

Marion County High School 550 kids

South Pittsburg 200 kids

Whitwell 300 kids

That's 1050 kids. That's 3a same size as Sequatchie County.

I guess you missed the part where I suggested to the Jasperite that they merge with Whitwell to form North Marion.  Plus, those numbers for Whitwell look low.  Whitwell has been in and out of 2a a couple of times over the past 4 or so reclassifications. However, do you think the Whitwell athletes would add enough to Jasper to make them much better than the are now in a higher classification?  Lastly, nowhere have I been for consolidation of all 3 high schools over the past 13 years I have been on here.

I guess you missed the part where I suggested to the Jasperite that they merge with Whitwell to form North Marion. Plus, those numbers for Whitwell look low. Whitwell has been in and out of 2a a couple of times over the past 4 or so reclassifications. However, do you think the Whitwell athletes would add enough to Jasper to make them much better than the are now in a higher classification? Lastly, nowhere have I been for consolidation of all 3 high schools over the past 13 years I have been on here.

I don't think when they combine all 3 schools there will be enough athletes to compete for several years.

I don't think when they combine all 3 schools there will be enough athletes to compete for several years.

1 more time, I was talking about combining 2 schools.  There is no when to it.  This consolidation schtick has been around since the 70s.  It resulted in new high schools being built in Jasper and Whitwell.  SP hasn't always been a county school.