Bradley Central Thanksgiving Tourney

baconbreath

They could not even be Division II with transfers not sitting out, foreign exchange students being placed there and playing more than 1 season. They want to be a prep program for college programs, fine, but don't compare acquired talent to what just walks down the hallways.

As for Bradley, WV and Cleveland have had many college players, you don't have to a Bearette to move on to college out of that county.

I agree the county/city is loaded but from what people are saying the best player there this year isn't from Bradley county she transferred to Here last year as a freshman.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree the county/city is loaded but from what people are saying the best player there this year isn't from Bradley county she transferred to Here last year as a freshman.

Yeah.  When the talent dries up at Bradley, they simply go elsewhere and recruit it.  Howard should be at East Hamilton.  Bradley is very lucky that she isn't because East Hamilton would have beaten the mighty Bearettes last night.  They almost beat them anyway.  As for Hamilton Heights, they should never even be in the conversation about area basketball.  

Yeah.  When the talent dries up at Bradley, they simply go elsewhere and recruit it.  Howard should be at East Hamilton.  Bradley is very lucky that she isn't because East Hamilton would have beaten the mighty Bearettes last night.  They almost beat them anyway.  As for Hamilton Heights, they should never even be in the conversation about area basketball.  

AAAGGGRRREEEDDDD!!!!!!! Finally somebody with some sense

Why can't they be in the conversation about local basketball? Sounds like you have an ax to grind. They are talented and well-coached. Yes, they do recruit as is their right since they are not members of the TSSAA. No one is forcing you to play them but it would only help your team if you had the guts to do it. Why be hatin' on young girls that are only trying to become a great team? These same girls will be taking the college scholarships that your girls are missing out on if you don't watch out. The HH girls are a pleasure to watch compared to most girls teams in the Chattanooga area. Girls basketball has reached a nadir in recent years. I don't think I have to point that out to anyone who has seen how bad it really is.

good point mr. bacon girls teams have been down some. bradley, mcmninn central, gps, and baylor have been the teams to beat most years.

and eat hamilton just recently when out and got them a new coach so they can try and be an elite team.

sounds like some sour grapes from tornado's! :popcorneater:

Why can't they be in the conversation about local basketball? Sounds like you have an ax to grind. They are talented and well-coached. Yes, they do recruit as is their right since they are not members of the TSSAA. No one is forcing you to play them but it would only help your team if you had the guts to do it. Why be hatin' on young girls that are only trying to become a great team? These same girls will be taking the college scholarships that your girls are missing out on if you don't watch out. The HH girls are a pleasure to watch compared to most girls teams in the Chattanooga area. Girls basketball has reached a nadir in recent years. I don't think I have to point that out to anyone who has seen how bad it really is.

good word there mr bacon. Nadir.

i fine my self there two or three times a week.

If a highly forgetful person loses his phone, his wallet, and then his car keys in separate instances all in one day, you could say that he has reached an organizational nadir. This means “lowest point.â€

Edited by OHS80

I have seen East Hamilton this year and came away very impressed with their new Coach Tony Williams. I've followed him from Lenoir City to Rhea County and now to East Hamilton. He is a class guy with integrity and he will make you proud as your coach along with Bailey Reeves as his assistant. I for one hope that all of District 5-AAA moves up in quality of play in the very near future. Do not be surprised if EHHS gets 3rd or even 2nd in the district. Cleveland has been devastated by injuries to three starters. Walker Valley is going thru yet another coaching change for the 4th time since David Tucker left and could struggle some. Bradley Central will again be the team to beat and I wouldn't look down my nose at McMinn County as they've picked up some new talent for Coach MacPhail. Best of luck to every team in our area. May your wins be many and your injuries be few! Also best of luck to Hamilton Heights in their season.

You're right about it being bad. No fault of the current players or coaching as much as different sports and more schools dividing up the talent I think. Out side of McMinn Central the southeast area has struggled to get to the state in recent years on a consistent basis. Substate isn't a bad deal but for teams like Bradley who although they haven't won it since they switched to 5 on 5 going was a normal event at least up til the 2000s. Now it's extremely hard to get past the substate or sectional whatever they call it now.