Who hates having the Super 32?

riverrat

Nobody could make a.several class jump unless they wanted. This won't ever happen, but it would be a way of taking care of the fussing over open zones and private schools. If it's giving them an advantage it would show and they'd go up. Having six classes would lessen the "bumping up shock." Every two or four years add up the numbers for the previous groups of seasons being used, 1 miracle season wouldnt necessarily bump a team if the other seasons were mediocre.

Edited by Indian

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the most ignorant thing ever said......strength of program?? Really? So you penalize sp cause they are good year in and year out? I say just split classes evenly and may the best man win. If someone wants to move up, then the bottom moves down a class to take their spot.

I once saw a plan where the top 8 from a class move up the next year and the bottom eight move down. To me it seems that would level the playing field based on talent. It would also end the public/private debate over time and also end the need for the multiplier

Edited by orangeslice13

Yes. Throw out multiplier, bring back the McCallies and MBAs. You see a lot of complaining about playing games where one team has no chance, this would make it better (and there would still be room on schedules for non region games).

Under a win and move up system those teams would be in the top division. Teams like Union City boyd Buchanan and Grace would all be in 3A or maybe even 4a. You would have to find something else to cry about

T$$$AA likes it ,that puts 192 teams in the playoffs. Pink Floyd  has a tune about it.

I find it hard to believe that the T$$AA boys are making much money of 1st round games that feature 0 - 10 1a teams in the first round or 1 - 9 teams.  In the 70s 9 -1 teams never made the playoffs.  Now its mostly to find out which handful of teams don't make the playoffs.

Edited by rlh

Under a win and move up system those teams would be in the top division. Teams like Union City boyd Buchanan and Grace would all be in 3A or maybe even 4a. You would have to find something else to cry about

I just don't see how it would work.  How do you determine the top 8 and the bottom 8 in a classification that would be promoted or relegated?  Also, how do you account for graduation of talent?  How many years pass before you look at promoting or relegating a team up or down?  These are all questions that would need definitive and agreed upon answers for a system like this to take place.  I agree that it's interesting, but I just don't see it at the high school level.  But it's perfect and a very entertaining piece of the European Soccer Leagues. 

With about 340 football playing schools in the state, 6 classes would work well (all private schools, McCallie etc). 8 regions in each, about 7 teams in each region. SP would probably start in 2A. Or have a rule where teams can only go up 1 class at the start unless it's by choice. After a few years things would work themselves out.

So we would be in 2A with our 220 students in the school playing schools in our region with 500-600 students? LMBO

No not necessarily, and if so, it would not be Alcoa or Notre Dame types. Probably Sequatchie, Grundy, Bledsoe and similar teams at the start. I think the point is being missed, the multiplier hasnt evened out things (24-6 private advantage this postseason), and though I don't think it is a huge issue, a lot of the fussing is over open zones-which are up to local school boards. This takes care of all of it and also adds potential matchups in the top group like Maryville vs Ensworth. Someone mentioned schools being punished, a team moved up one slot and winning games 28-7 each week instead of 60-0 isn't punishment, it ought to be looked at as an opportunity.

No not necessarily, and if so, it would not be Alcoa or Notre Dame types. Probably Sequatchie, Grundy, Bledsoe and similar teams at the start. I think the point is being missed, the multiplier hasnt evened out things (24-6 private advantage this postseason), and though I don't think it is a huge issue, a lot of the fussing is over open zones-which are up to local school boards. This takes care of all of it and also adds potential matchups in the top group like Maryville vs Ensworth. Someone mentioned schools being punished, a team moved up one slot and winning games 28-7 each week instead of 60-0 isn't punishment, it ought to be looked at as an opportunity.

How many students does Sequatchie County have in their school? This is more than just about football. I don't care what the ability level of the programs are you can't group public schools with 220 students into a region with a school with 650 students.

How many students does Sequatchie County have in their school? This is more than just about football. I don't care what the ability level of the programs are you can't group public schools with 220 students into a region with a school with 650 students.

Why not? Most years SP would be favored over such teams, some years heavily favored. Maybe you're right, and the fans take so much pride in shouting "mercy" after beating teams like Sale Creek and Lkt Valley half to death they would never go for a tougher league schedule. Cap moves to a max of 2 classes up, unless by choice, and SP would never see Alcoa.

Edited by Indian