Trezevant vs. Marion THE BATTLE FOR 2A SUPREMACY

I am not confident that will beat them bad at all. I think we can beat them and I have seen worse odds. Football is a game of matchups and we will try to exploit their weakness while playing to our strength and they will do the same. This team is similar to Tyner (not schematically, neither really has a scheme to speak of they run plays) except they have better overall talent at the RB slot. Their inability to throw the ball down field will be a big help to MC. Y’all, Boyd, and Hampton caused more problems for us than Tyner cause we had to respect the pass. If they can come up with a passing game by Saturday, that would be bad for MC.

We didn't cause many problems. We couldn't stop anyone much unless they weren't a good team. You guys were only stopped once all season. Edited by TheAmbassador

We will be able to move the ball on them as they can be thrown on, something we have not done much of lately, and the misdirection of the wing-t will cause them problems. Basically their defense is not that disciplined.

On offense I think they are used to having an easy time of it and when they don't have early sucess they struggle. I really don't think they are capable of exploting the a deep passing game even if we go bear and leave their recievers one on one. Screens and late passes short to a back slipping out over the middle or into the flat could be a problem.

I personally feel like if you have to rely on doing what you haven't had to do to win you won't win. Typically you win doing what you do best. If Marion can't get good yards running buck sweep, counter and trap plays it will be a long night. Being able to execute your bread and butter plays will be the difference. Gotta win line of scrimmage and control tempo. Good thing is I doubt Trez will spread your defense out so you should be able to gamble some to create some big plays on defense. Hopefully

Edited by TonyHorton91281