Trezevant vs. Marion THE BATTLE FOR 2A SUPREMACY

Sonny Moore has it evenly matched

Rank    Team                               Class     W    L   T    SOS        PR

36      TREZEVANT                           2A    11   3   0    99.23     127.98  
37      MARION COUNTY                  2A    13   1   0    97.17     127.80

Edit : as pujo says, by a fuzz
Edited by Southtowner

MC would hammer TCA, at least the Goldsmith-less version like Trez did. I think a nursing home of paraplegics could beat that TCA version

Hey Amerigha, how's basketball been so far for the Forrest Firecrackers! We had 3 starters out on D but no excuses, the better team won and would have won had they been there. You need to shut you dang mouth and quit trashing TCA. We would have beat you guys like a rag doll. Adamsville and our region has smoked you the last few years. Look what happened when Hampton lost their QB or Huntington when they lost their QB. Great players make good teams great. Kids read these posts and you are showing your immaturity. Heck, you probably are a kid!

Hey Amerigha, how's basketball been so far for the Forrest Firecrackers! We had 3 starters out on D but no excuses, the better team won and would have won had they been there. You need to shut you dang mouth and quit trashing TCA. We would have beat you guys like a rag doll. Adamsville and our region has smoked you the last few years. Look what happened when Hampton lost their QB or Huntington when they lost their QB. Great players make good teams great. Kids read these posts and you are showing your immaturity. Heck, you probably are a kid!

Small schools or even big school's for that matter are not as good without they're starters. I thought you had a chance if you were healthy.

I am not confident that will beat them bad at all.  I think we can beat them and I have seen worse odds.  Football is a game of matchups and we will try to exploit their weakness while playing to our strength and they will do the same.  This team is similar to Tyner (not schematically, neither really has a scheme to speak of they run plays) except they have better overall talent at the RB slot.  Their inability to throw the ball down field will be a big help to MC.  Y’all, Boyd, and Hampton caused more problems for us than Tyner cause we had to respect the pass.  If they can come up with a passing game by Saturday, that would be bad for MC.

Trezevant isn't going to go into the lab and cook up some passing game to go with what they do now. At this stage of the season, you dance with the one you brung to the dance.

That being said ... if you haven't seen a SEC caliber RB in high school, then it will be hard to fathom what MC is about to face. We are talking upper echelon SEC offers ... not just Vandy or Missouri. It's men vs boys in those instances. The difference in class will become evident. I'm not trying to come across as arrogant or anything like that ... but it is a hard thing to imagine until you see it up close and personal. He's just ... different then what you've grown accustomed to seeing. But when you do see it, you will know.

He is currently listed at 193 on the 2017 ESPN Top 300 recruiting list. To even MAKE this list speaks VOLUMES. Currently there are only 10 recruits from TN on this list, which is an extremely high number for the state of TN. (1-6A, 3-5A, 1-4A, 1-3A, 1-2A, 3-Privates) When you get offers from BAMA, LSU, Michigan, Fla. State, and others ... that speaks just as much as well.

I have no doubt that your team is coached by some fine coaches. They will do their best to prepare those young men to stop this young man. However, you can't prepare for something that you can't simulate on the scout team in practice. It's just not possible. MC just can't simulate 6'-0", 220 lbs of manchild in practice ... not with the God given speed, power, and talent he possess. He will break loose on a number of occassions. Then there are going to be the ones where he doesn't break it for a TD ... but you will say to yourself ... OMG ... and not even realize you muttered those words under your breath until much later. I can't describe it any other way.

Guys ... enjoy the game, but remember, what you are going to witness usually happens at a large private school or a large public school like Enworth, Brentwood Acadamy, Whitehaven, Oakland, or the like. Every now and again one will pop up at a smaller school ... but that isn't the norm.

Edited by kwc

Trezevant isn't going to go into the lab and cook up some passing game to go with what they do now. At this stage of the season, you dance with the one you brung to the dance.

That being said ... if you haven't seen a SEC caliber RB in high school, then it will be hard to fathom what MC is about to face. We are talking upper echelon SEC offers ... not just Vandy or Missouri. It's men vs boys in those instances. The difference in class will become evident. I'm not trying to come across as arrogant or anything like that ... but it is a hard thing to imagine until you see it up close and personal. He's just ... different then what you've grown accustomed to seeing. But when you do see it, you will know.

He is currently listed at 193 on the 2017 ESPN Top 300 recruiting list. To even MAKE this list speaks VOLUMES. Currently there are only 8 recruits from TN on this list, which is extremely high for the state of TN. When you get offers from BAMA, LSU, Michigan, Fla. State, and others ... that speaks just as much as well.

I have no doubt that your team is coached by some fine coaches. They will do their best to prepare those young men to stop this young man. However, you can't prepare for something that you can't simulate on the scout team in practice. It's just not possible. MC just can't simulate 6'-0", 220 lbs of manchild in practice ... not with the God given speed, power, and talent he possess. He will break loose on a number of occassions. Then there are going to be the ones where he doesn't break it for a TD ... but you will say to yourself ... OMG ... and not even realize you muttered those words under your breath until much later. I can't describe it any other way.

Guys ... enjoy the game, but remember, what you are going to witness usually happens at a large private school or a large public school like Enworth, Brentwood Acadamy, Whitehaven, Oakland, or the like. Every now and again one will pop up at a smaller school ... but that isn't the norm.

He's a freak of nature for our level. No doubt about it. Marion needs to create turnovers to win this game. I fully expect Marion to score 3-4 times in this game. It's going to come down to can they get stops on defense. Just my opinion.

He is currently listed at 193 on the 2017 ESPN Top 300 recruiting list. To even MAKE this list speaks VOLUMES. Currently there are only 8 recruits from TN on this list, which is extremely high for the state of TN. When you get offers from BAMA, LSU, Michigan, Fla. State, and others ... that speaks just as much as well.

I have no doubt that your team is coached by some fine coaches. They will do their best to prepare those young men to stop this young man. However, you can't prepare for something that you can't simulate on the scout team in practice. It's just not possible. MC just can't simulate 6'-0", 220 lbs of manchild in practice ... not with the God given speed, power, and talent he possess. He will break loose on a number of occassions. Then there are going to be the ones where he doesn't break it for a TD ... but you will say to yourself ... OMG ... and not even realize you muttered those words under your breath until much later. I can't describe it any other way.

I like this post but I'm sure the Marion Co coaches are well aware of the situation.Don't reckon they have any choice in the matter, Can't wait to see this one

My take on the game is that reguardless of how good the mc defense is, they havent faced a monster like they will see saturday. Trezevant may very well be better than peabody last year as some have said, but unlike peabody, you know exactly whats coming with the bears and its up to you to stop it. I think cr will have some explosive plays, he is one of the top backs in the country. I hope mc can limit them and make them drive the field. Mc cant win a shootout in my opinion. Trez defense is too fast, too physical, like tyner, but with better athletes. We didnt move the ball well on tyner. If this game becomes a shootout, mcs chances go down. To say cr will get 400 yrds rushing by halftime, i think that is a little ludicrous. Seven tds by the third qtr? Come on now. To say that he will do what he couldnt do against the teams that beat them. Mc isnt like the howards and brainerds that they have played. Mc are big underdogs in this one but i just dont see him having a field day like that. I think if we hold him under 200 we will have a shot hopefully. Mc likely needs some turnovers and good special teams play. Do i think we can win? Yes, in 92 we beat a nationally ranked brentwood academy team and although thjs isnt the 92 team, trezevant is far from being nationally ranked. Without cr, they are a good team, but not great. They have two d1 prospecte but i dont look for our guys to back down. They will play hard and leave it all on the field. Will it be good enough, maybe maybe not.

Same here. He may very well do it, but i will be surprised. He reminds me a little of a number 1 we had last year, except faster and more athletic. That is scary. At least we will know what is coming unlike the read option with a threat to pass as well. Our boys know what they face and will give their all on saturday. Will it be enough? Maybe maybe not.