Ravunwould agin Mairvul (tha reemaitch)

STARSNBARS

You could combine all teams in TN into 1 classification, and Maryville would be a top 5 team EVERY YEAR. The same could not be said for MBA, BA, Ensworth, Baylor, etc

BA would give any team in the state everything they wanted. Including Maryville. If only the two teams would play. I don't think it would even be close

Come close to beating them? I'm pretty sure BA and MBA would handle them. You don't just show up and play these two. Sec players on both teams with great coaching

OK TM.....So laist yeer BA didn't haiv thes grait SEC playurs and coaches when'st Cyunts Hill wint two Brintwould and hung 42 on tham...???.... :popcorneater:  

Edited by STARSNBARS

Sounds like private schools are all offense and no defense this year. Maryville has played div 1 talent all year. Just as good of players than private kids. That means jack tho. To say Maryville would lose by 14 to any private school is plain stupid. To say Maryville would win every game against private schools is just as dumb.

Maryville has the right to brag and will continue to get to until someone knocks them down. I've watched several private schools play the past few years. Not one of this teams could tell me that they could beat Maryville. MBA and BA would most likely be the only ones that could come close to beating Maryville. We will never know until they play

No, you still wouldn't know. After Maryville beat them they would just say 'well we are in a down year". Come to think of it, I've never heard Maryville use that excuse after a loss. But then I think I was about 9 years old the last time they lost.

who in your opinion would then?

Other than Maryville, no one would be top 5 every year.  I'm not saying Maryville would be #1 every year, but they'd be top 5.  Think about this for a second:  If GQ doesn't win 15 games every year, his career winning percentage drops.  He has a 94.4% winning percentage, and if he goes 14-1, his percentage for that year is only 93.3%.

We are talking about this year? And there O line and Qb are all a year older. Maryville can't match the speed and physicality BA brings to the table. Coaching can't give players that

TM so Mairvul's kids down't grow oldur....???.......Eye reemimburr tha saim song bein' sung inn '76....Carlton sed Mairvul wuz "average" inn tha Tennesean......"Average" - 27   BA - ZIP..... :popcorneater:

You private school trolls better not rub the genie bottle to hard. You might just get what you're wishing for. You can't just put the genie back in the bottle. Just ask these 6A fans around the state. They made the same argument. I don't think Maryville would win every game against the privates, but they would win most of them. Although I wouldn't be shocked if they won them all.

With respect b/c they have earned it MHS but what fun is it winning all these games before halftime in the region ?

Last 5 years record and overall points for and against versus Alcoa?

When does MHS step up and agree to do a home and home versus a BA, MBA or Ensworth ?

Can assure you the privates would take it and few years back Ensworth wanted and MHS balked !

Like I said respect you at MHS your trophy case speaks for itself but there is a reason why NONE of you are calling for a MHS vs. Private School (thought the best wants to play the best?)

Don't spin it about money ( gate sales would set records ) don't spin it about missing a half day of school !

It's down to losing and they is why

In a SCRIMMAGE......just like Maryville did to Ensworth this year

and scrimmages are good gauges for the season? If I recall both of those teams won state that season. This year maryville thumped ensworth and from there everyone knew ensworth would be down and maryville would be good. Oh yeah btw ensworth in its WORST SEASON EVER, still managed to beat the team playing in the 3A championship showing that teams that play weak competion will be hard pressed to beat a D2 squad