Ravunwould agin Mairvul (tha reemaitch)

STARSNBARS

Years ago Smith while at Indy ( year they lost state title game to smyrna ) was asked why he scheduled MBA and BA ? His response was you wanna play the best to be the best !

Again my opinion is that GQ is a smart man and he knows that he wouldn't win

Until it happens that is what many many many think and why shouldn't we ?

Eye jist haiv a cupple err 7 qwestuns....Did Smith playin' BA and MBA fer one yeer hep tham winn a gold bawl..???......Did Blaickmun playin' Bowlin' Grean inn 2013 hep tham winn a gold bawl and hep tham when'st thay got robbed and then'st Bowlin' Grean knott reenagged and didun't reetern tha vizit inn 2014....???.....When'st Okelund played Hoovur att MTSU this yeer did hitt hep tham winn a gold bawl this yeer....???.....Did hit hep Blaickman when'st thay played Chalkville this yeer winn a gold bawl....???..................

And if'un GQ wuz so worried abowt knott winnin'......Why iz he tha onlee 5A teem playin' upp....???......Why didun't Indy play upp.....???

:popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Take a look at BA's schedule and win/loss this year. How would Maryville playing that schedule have been any different?

Surely, BA pulled some of the starters off the field? What cost to travel to those 50-3 "powerhouses" can be justified at the hs level?

for one maryville wouldn't have beat Trinity from Louisville or MBA. Secondly they probably wouldn't beat Baylor either and if they did it would be a tight ball game. Also if your referring to the 50-3 win against briarcrest BA had how is that any different than you all beating up on team in week 1 or 2 in the playoffs. The only teams maryville would for sure beat in D2 this season is father Ryan ensworth JP2 mccallie(maybe) and probably all of the west side

steelerfan

Since you agree that Maryville had no trouble beating BA in the 80's, do you think that Maryville hasn't improved also, without the benefit of scholarships from out of the area. Might interesting to check the home addresses of the BA boys . What do you think qb#7 ?

I think that yes maryville has improved but by far and away BA has improved on much more rapid scale and I ask the same for you: you might wanna check the addresses of those maryville players since they can play at maryville if their parents work in Blount Co due to a loophole in the ruling

When GQ plays a big O line and good run game ...AKA BA and MBA ... His kids have trouble and this was when they won the state championship that year. D2AA is a whole different level my friends

Onlee a scrimmige frum yeers ago....And frum yeers ago BA iz 0-2 agin Mairvul inn reel gaims.......And this wuz Endswerth knott BA or MBA.....And Okelund haid a huge line and a goodur runnin' gaim.....Inn moore curreunt knews..... :popcorneater:

http://www.thedailytimes.com/sports/rebels-find-starting-point-against-ensworth/article_3c4f146a-b198-511b-bb96-70b31d95fd86.html

for one maryville wouldn't have beat Trinity from Louisville or MBA. Secondly they probably wouldn't beat Baylor either and if they did it would be a tight ball game. Also if your referring to the 50-3 win against briarcrest BA had how is that any different than you all beating up on team in week 1 or 2 in the playoffs. The only teams maryville would for sure beat in D2 this season is father Ryan ensworth JP2 mccallie(maybe) and probably all of the west side

I think that yes maryville has improved but by far and away BA has improved on much more rapid scale and I ask the same for you: you might wanna check the addresses of those maryville players since they can play at maryville if their parents work in Blount Co due to a loophole in the ruling

Checked all tham addresses.....Tale me abowt tha BA addresses.... :popcorneater: ....Eye hoap BA emproved on D "on a much moore rapid scale" cents laist yeer when'st Cyunts Hill putt 42 on 'em.... :popcorneater:

Onlee a scrimmige frum yeers ago....And frum yeers ago BA iz 0-2 agin Mairvul inn reel gaims.......And this wuz Endswerth knott BA or MBA.....And Okelund haid a huge line and a goodur runnin' gaim.....Inn moore curreunt knews..... :popcorneater:

http://www.thedailytimes.com/sports/rebels-find-starting-point-against-ensworth/article_3c4f146a-b198-511b-bb96-70b31d95fd86.html

Oakland had 1 lineman and that was jack jones BA has on offensive line that weights 280 across the board and 2 D1 starters and 1 D1 on the defensive line so try imagining that and that ensworth team ran a basic offense try imagining them vs BA with a QB who is excellent thrower and runner and them playing at a hurry up pace with the massive oline that can run block and pass protect and still having usually 3 to 5 insanely good we'd on the field at one time..

Oakland had 1 lineman and that was jack jones BA has on offensive line that weights 280 across the board and 2 D1 starters and 1 D1 on the defensive line so try imagining that and that ensworth team ran a basic offense try imagining them vs BA with a QB who is excellent thrower and runner and them playing at a hurry up pace with the massive oline that can run block and pass protect and still having usually 3 to 5 insanely good we'd on the field at one time..

Try emaginin' a D thait cain shut a teem out thait put 42 on ewe..... :popcorneater:

• Upvote 1

I am as big a private school homer as there is, but I think you guys are way underestimating Maryville. If you watched that team last year....they absolutely would have competed with the two D-2aa finalists, MBA and Ensworth. They have beaten handily 2 really good Oakland teams the past 2 years. They haven't been on tv in middle TN this year so can't comment as much on this year's team but assuming it's a lot of the same.

I am a Rebel fan that would like to see them line up against an out-of-stater. Don't see it happening but like to see how they stack up. I understand the reasons that it makes ZERO sense, though.

When i was at Maryville in the 1975 season we went to Middlesboro,KY. and got the screwing of a lifetime by the officials. That's what your asking for when you cross the state line. I know that's been a long time ago but things like that never change. Now far as Brentwood Academy goes GQ isn't going to play a large private school in a football game that recruits and gives financial help to football players that come from all over the Nashville area.  Sure Maryville gets a few kids from the county that pay tuition but those kids aren't recruited, their parents make that decision and send them there. not very many people do that as some may think because $9,200 to send a kid to Maryville for four years is a high price to pay considering your sending them to a public school.  I have been told there were as many as nine kids from the county on Maryville's 96 man roster but the person that gave me that information I've learned over time to divide everything he ( Clyde ) say's by two if you want the real answer so it must be five.