Ravunwould agin Mairvul (tha reemaitch)

STARSNBARS

I am as big a private school homer as there is, but I think you guys are way underestimating Maryville. If you watched that team last year....they absolutely would have competed with the two D-2aa finalists, MBA and Ensworth. They have beaten handily 2 really good Oakland teams the past 2 years. They haven't been on tv in middle TN this year so can't comment as much on this year's team but assuming it's a lot of the same.

:popcorneater:

I am as big a private school homer as there is, but I think you guys are way underestimating Maryville. If you watched that team last year....they absolutely would have competed with the two D-2aa finalists, MBA and Ensworth. They have beaten handily 2 really good Oakland teams the past 2 years. They haven't been on tv in middle TN this year so can't comment as much on this year's team but assuming it's a lot of the same.

This is why I prefer MBA of the Nashville area privates...............

Defense down a bit, but has improved as much as I've ever seen a high school unit improve over the course of the season. Offense is standard GQ offense. 

When i was at Maryville in the 1975 season we went to Middlesboro,KY. and got the screwing of a lifetime by the officials. That's what your asking for when you cross the state line. I know that's been a long time ago but things like that never change. Now far as Brentwood Academy goes GQ isn't going to play a large private school in a football game that recruits and gives financial help to football players that come from all over the Nashville area.  Sure Maryville gets a few kids from the county that pay tuition but those kids aren't recruited, their parents make that decision and send them there. not very many people do that as some may think because $9,200 to send a kid to Maryville for four years is a high price to pay considering your sending them to a public school.  I have been told there were as many as nine kids from the county on Maryville's 96 man roster but the person that gave me that information I've learned over time to divide everything he ( Clyde ) say's by two if you want the real answer so it must be five.

The numbers that can seem to get most evidence of are 1 starter, 1 more who plays regularly, and then either 2 or 3 others that live outside the city limits. And the 2 that play have been in the MCS system since elementary school.

The best RB goes to MBA and if he played in any other league he would break every record Tennessee has. Goes to show you the talent of D2

Nobody cares, how does D2 get so much talent, what bothers me is not that they get it but who it gets taken away from. I remember getting a letter from a private school in the 8th grade and ripping it, something about loyalty.....

"My teams better than yours because I say so. You have proof from last year your team played another team better than mine? Well that doesn't count because it's from last year, but a preseason scrimmage from 2 years ago shows you can't compete with most other private schools this year. "

~Half of the private school posters

Edited by smpanthers
  • Upvote 1

"My teams better than yours because I say so. You have proof from last year your team played another team better than mine? Well that doesn't count because it's from last year, but a preseason scrimmage from 2 years ago shows you can't compete with most other private schools this year. "

~Half of the private school posters

hahaha this guy is funny now