Ravunwould agin Mairvul (tha reemaitch)

STARSNBARS

RHS safety A. Lutgens dad played for Maryville back in the day. Evidently his dad and his old high school buddies have been pretty brutal about last year's game....Which begs the question...is it ok to cheer FOR your alma mater and AGAINST your child? :)

As one of those high school buddies I resent being left out of the brutality. That was 12 months of bragging rights I missed out on. I guess I dropped the ball. Lol. Seriously, that safety is from a great family-class acts, all of them. I hear the kid made one of the state all star teams this year-very good player. Papaw Ken would have been unbelievably proud. Edited by strongx

Webb good try though and they played BA in the 80's try having a relevant game that you can actually compare haha.. Webb is like a peewee team compared to the upper D2 group and if Maryville is so great and unbeatable, then play a high ranking out of state team or D2 2A team instead of beating up on weak regional opponents all regular season

Here we go Rebels fans. As soon as we beat the unbeatable, we aren't as good as some"other team". We couldn't possibly compete with the SEC of high school football (6A-2). Now that that myth has been debunked.....

As the name may suggest, I am a newbie to the area and to coachT. Looking for a place for my son to play some high level football. Looks like Maryville may be the place. Why is there so much fuss about them playing a team from out of state or a higher division. If they would happen to lose that game, would that prevent them from winning state championship in their class? If not, then they can lose that game and still win state championship which would still mean that they would still be the best team in the state. That is the way that i see it. Correct me if I'm wrong

MURVUL once lost their first for games and then ran the table winning a state title. 

This is the same crowd that said 4A Maryville couldn't hang with the top 5A teams. After what has happened since Maryville started "playing up" they don't really want Maryville playing D2 teams. Because if that happens and Maryville wins those games they have nothing else to whine about. There's not a D2 team in this state that is as well coached as Maryville. I would bet on Maryville every time. Anybody who doesn't agree is a fool.

Can you imagine, Maryville, currently a class 5A team opting to play in 6A (haters forget that Maryville is a 5A school), moving to D-2 and being able to get any player from anywhere? I don't think anyone around the state wants that to happen. 

Edited by rebels

People just don't know D2 talent. I agree Maryville is a top team in the state but making the statement you would bet on them every time is pretty strong. They just don't play good enough teams week in and week out that D2 does. Don't get me wrong they are very good. But put them in D2 and there would be a lot of "upsets"

With teams like Trezevant, McCallie, Warren Co, etc. D-2 does not have as many power houses as you imply week in and week out. Add the fact that they can recruit, well it's a different horse. Would you like to unleash Quarles and staff to a recruiting format? Then let's talk. 

Not bashing at all because you are the best and your trophy case proves it but in an adult conversation is it fun going to games on Fridays anymore and watching the starters pulled after halftime ?

In your region games in last 3-5 years what was the closest anyone played you ?

Yes you face Alcoa but in 5 years what's the win / loss record against them and points for / against ?

Yes it's bout winning gold balls but don't you wanna face competition ?

Again this is not too debate your schedule just asking is it still fun on Friday nights during the season for fans ?

Best of luck and again congrats on a great season

The same thing was said when we moved from 4A to 5A. Now we are in 6A. And in case you don't know it, we are a 5A school playing up. Is your high school willing to do that? 

Edited by rebels

The same thing was said when we moved from 4A to 5A. Now we are in 6A. And in case you don't know it, we are a 5A school playing up. Is your high school willing to do that?

And I will tell you that 5a was tougher than 6a this year

Your still spinning it -

We all know GQ won't play a private school

Chicken Little of the East

So you don't have the title of best team in state until you step up and play a private

End of discussion

We all know the truth

Earn it