3A BlueCross Bowl: CPA vs. Alcoa

AlcoaBasketball

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

This just in: CPA has fired all of its scouts and its top 3 recruiters. They are rumored to be in talks with several of the Alabama scouts and a top level recruiting agency. On the flip side Alcoa has extended the contracts of all 5 scouts and 4 of its recruiters. Alcoa Aluminum fired several long time employees to make room for the incoming players parents on next years team.

Gotta keep em coming in, right? 😂😂

Just a question since everybody is arguing about it. If tssaa told all open zone schools to close their zones and just allow students from their legal boundary and kick all students out who live outside of their boundary and strictly enforce it. How would everyone honestly feel especially alcoa and maryville. Would this affect their level of play or would it stay the same since yall have the 2 best coaches in the state. Im not for or against open zones. Just a question for honest discussion

Well Booger I think u have too much pride to tell the truth and ive seen a lot of football in my 54 years 87 jeff co. team one of the best ever in the state of tenn. But Alcoa this year The defense was top to bottom solid last 5 games opp. averged 4.6 points per game 24-0 over cak - 42-2 over the Dame - and today 20-0 over the states top ranked team I think that's pretty good maybe you have been eatin too many " Boogers" u think........... Congrats to Alcoa u all deserve it............

I think you can't rule out the 97 Trousdale county team for the best defense either. Only had 63 points scored on them in 15 games that season. Comes out to about 4 ppg.

First, Congratulations to the Tornadoes! Great game and another Gold Ball; well deserved!

I did not see the game in person, but a couple of observations.

For those who discounted this Alcoa defense, here was a good opportunity to see what some of us have been referring to. That defense had the ability to make even very very good offenses (and offensive players) look average or worse. It wasn't the CPA offense that was the problem, it was simply that the Alcoa defense is just that good. Their first team shut down everyone they played this year that wasn't named Maryville, and even held them to a very respectable margin.

Holding CPA to 93 yards and 4 first downs (according to the announcers on TV) demonstrated what that D was capable of, and why they were able to stop ND, CAK, and other good 3A teams this year.

#45 for CPA was a beast on defense. I suspect that, like some other players, he would have looked like a beast on offense against most teams. But overall, Alcoa ran the ball pretty effectively; certainly enough to make them 2 dimensional.

I think playing a number of players both ways paid dividends to CPA in the first half, but cost them in the 2nd half. 

Alcoa made good adjustments at the half. CPA simply had no adjustments they could make to match what they were facing. No shame in that; neither could anyone else in 3A

Congrats to both teams on great seasons!