Region: 1-2

5 (tie) Soddy-Daisy

Season: 2-4

7. White County

Season: 3-4

Region: 0-3

Region Analysis:

Ooltewah flat out owned Soddy-Daisy tonight, and that is an understatement. The Owls rebounded after their loss at Rhea County and looked like the contenders they really are. Walker Valley definitely pulled off the biggest win in the region tonight downing the Blue Raiders in epic fashion. The Mustangs are tied for third with Ooltewah, and could still contend for the region crown. Oak Ridge may be getting more than they bargained for when the Wildcats come to Athens next Friday. McMinn is running that Wing-T all over its opponents and is currently standing at 5-1, with that one loss to Bradley Central looking more and more understandable every game. The Bears are one of the toughest teams in 6A this year and could give Maryville fits next week. McMinn is the current region leader at 3-0 in region play, and, boy, have they been playing like the top dog. Rhea County had its bye this week, but enters into a straight four weeks of region contests. The Eagles are gaining more and more traction as the playoffs loom over the horizon, and will be in the driver's seat of the Region if they win out and down McMinn in Week 11. I have no words for Cleveland. The Blue Raiders looked promising and dominant until the injury bug bit them where it hurt the most and has totally derailed their hopes at the Region title. Yes, they still play Rhea and Ooltewah, but that loss to Walker Valley by so many points all but takes them out of conversation as a title contender. They have a tough road ahead if they don't plan on an early basketball season. Soddy-Daisy and White County are who they are. One had hopes of making the playoffs for the second straight year in the region, the other is still searching for win #1 as a member of 4-5A. Both of those hopes look exponentially difficult to achieve now. From toughness, record, and all-around game play, here is my region standing heading into the final stretch:

1. Rhea County

2. McMinn County

3. Ooltewah

4. Walker Valley

5. Cleveland

6. Soddy-Daisy

7. White County

Although McMinn's record is better, Rhea's non-conference games were against Baylor and Cathedral, two programs that play at very high caliber levels. Cathedral is actually miles better than Baylor, so that shows how much Rhea has improved since Week 1. The line is more solid, the running backs have found a groove, and Pemberton is gaining more confidence in the passing game. If someone other than Rhea is to win the region, they are going to have to pry it from their increasingly tight grasp. I just don't see anyone playing a full game as well as Rhea right now. The following three, however, are all still legitimate contenders and while one of those already had their shot at the Eagles and missed, the other two (maybe three if you count Cleveland) can help them out by beating them in the coming weeks.

Region 4-5A standings:

1. McMinn County

Season Record: (5-1)

Region Record: (3-0)

2. Rhea County

Season Record: (4-2)

Region Record: (2-0)

3 (tie) Ooltewah

Season: 4-2

Region: 1-1

3 (tie) Walker Valley

5 (tie) Cleveland

Season: 4-3

5 (tie) Soddy-Daisy

7. White County

Region Analysis:

Ooltewah flat out owned Soddy-Daisy tonight, and that is an understatement. The Owls rebounded after their loss at Rhea County and looked like the contenders they really are. Walker Valley definitely pulled off the biggest win in the region tonight downing the Blue Raiders in epic fashion. The Mustangs are tied for third with Ooltewah, and could still contend for the region crown. Oak Ridge may be getting more than they bargained for when the Wildcats come to Athens next Friday. McMinn is running that Wing-T all over its opponents and is currently standing at 5-1, with that one loss to Bradley Central looking more and more understandable every game. The Bears are one of the toughest teams in 6A this year and could give Maryville fits next week. McMinn is the current region leader at 3-0 in region play, and, boy, have they been playing like the top dog. Rhea County had its bye this week, but enters into a straight four weeks of region contests. The Eagles are gaining more and more traction as the playoffs loom over the horizon, and will be in the driver's seat of the Region if they win out and down McMinn in Week 11. I have no words for Cleveland. The Blue Raiders looked promising and dominant until the injury bug bit them where it hurt the most and has totally derailed their hopes at the Region title. Yes, they still play Rhea and Ooltewah, but that loss to Walker Valley by so many points all but takes them out of conversation as a title contender. They have a tough road ahead if they don't plan on an early basketball season. Soddy-Daisy and White County are who they are. One had hopes of making the playoffs for the second straight year in the region, the other is still searching for win #1 as a member of 4-5A. Both of those hopes look exponentially difficult to achieve now. From toughness, record, and all-around game play, here is my region standing heading into the final stretch:

1. Rhea County

2. McMinn County

3. Ooltewah

4. Walker Valley

5. Cleveland

6. Soddy-Daisy

7. White County

Although McMinn's record is better, Rhea's non-conference games were against Baylor and Cathedral, two programs that play at very high caliber levels. Cathedral is actually miles better than Baylor, so that shows how much Rhea has improved since Week 1. The line is more solid, the running backs have found a groove, and Pemberton is gaining more confidence in the passing game. If someone other than Rhea is to win the region, they are going to have to pry it from their increasingly tight grasp. I just don't see anyone playing a full game as well as Rhea right now. The following three, however, are all still legitimate contenders and while one of those already had their shot at the Eagles and missed, the other two (maybe three if you count Cleveland) can help them out by beating them in the coming weeks.

Rhea / McMinn game could be a slobber knocker of a fist fight. I still give Rhea the edge. Depth plus that big Tight end will help them against MC huge d line.

Region 4-5A standings:

1. McMinn County

Season Record: (5-1)

Region Record: (3-0)

2. Rhea County

Season Record: (4-2)

Region Record: (2-0)

3 (tie) Ooltewah

3 (tie) Walker Valley

5 (tie) Cleveland

Season: 4-3

5 (tie) Soddy-Daisy

7. White County

Region Analysis:

1. Rhea County

2. McMinn County

3. Ooltewah

4. Walker Valley

5. Cleveland

6. Soddy-Daisy

7. White County

IN PA'S HUMBLE OPINION MCMINN HAS EMERGED AS THE FRONTRUNNERS OF THE DISTRICT. I THINK THEY ARE BETTER DEFENSIVELY THAN RHEA.AND BRADLEY IS UNDEFEATED WHILE BAYLOR CAN'T EVEN BEAT MCCALLIE AND GOT THRASHED BY BRENTWOOD ACADEMY. WALKER VALLEY CAN PASS WITH THE BEST OF THEM BUT COULD NOT STOP MCMINNS NEWFOUND WINGT. THIS DISTRICT IS NOT HARD TO WIN. MY OWLS MAY HAVE BLOWN OUR CHANCE AT A 4PEAT BUT WE WILL WIN WHEN IT REALLY COUNTS.I THOUGHT THE BLUERAIDERZ HAD SOME TRANSFER STUDS ON DEFENSE AND A SPEEDY BACKFIELD AND ONLY NEEDED A QB. WHERE IS ALL THAT TALENT AT? YOU DID SCORE 36 PTS.MY OWLS DID WHAT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO DO TO A CUPCAKE. LET'S SEE HOW WE FAIR DOWN THE STRETCH. I'M YET TO SEE A BALANCED TEAM IN 4-5A THAT WILL MAKE A DEEP PLAYOFF RUN. MAYBE MCMINN WILL GIVE US A PREVIEW NEXT WEEK.

IN PA'S HUMBLE OPINION MCMINN HAS EMERGED AS THE FRONTRUNNERS OF THE DISTRICT. I THINK THEY ARE BETTER DEFENSIVELY THAN RHEA.AND BRADLEY IS UNDEFEATED WHILE BAYLOR CAN'T EVEN BEAT MCCALLIE AND GOT THRASHED BY BRENTWOOD ACADEMY. WALKER VALLEY CAN PASS WITH THE BEST OF THEM BUT COULD NOT STOP MCMINNS NEWFOUND WINGT. THIS DISTRICT IS NOT HARD TO WIN. MY OWLS MAY HAVE BLOWN OUR CHANCE AT A 4PEAT BUT WE WILL WIN WHEN IT REALLY COUNTS.I THOUGHT THE BLUERAIDERZ HAD SOME TRANSFER STUDS ON DEFENSE AND A SPEEDY BACKFIELD AND ONLY NEEDED A QB. WHERE IS ALL THAT TALENT AT? YOU DID SCORE 36 PTS.MY OWLS DID WHAT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO DO TO A CUPCAKE. LET'S SEE HOW WE FAIR DOWN THE STRETCH. I'M YET TO SEE A BALANCED TEAM IN 4-5A THAT WILL MAKE A DEEP PLAYOFF RUN. MAYBE MCMINN WILL GIVE US A PREVIEW NEXT WEEK.

That's nice... looking forward to Cleveland... one game at a time!