Wayne County 2016

wildcat89

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've played kids in a lot of different positions in our first two scrimmages. Not to mention a lot of kids period, trying to develop some depth. We've played very good talent with waverly and Giles co, and now a good CA team tonight. I'm excited to see what this third scrimmage tells us about the cats?

Playing bigger schools only makes you better. Does Cwood have any scrimmages going on? I haven't heard much from yalls way

I have heard that argument but off to the top of my head I recall some things that make me tend to disagree. I can think of three times in recent years when Collinwood lost its top player while competing with teams in larger classifications. Max Risner had wood on a roll with big wins against Lewis co and Mt pleasant on the road when he got hurt against Adamsville. The team wasn't the same without him taking the snaps. they did ok but Max was a truly outstanding qb that ran and threw great.

Then Jacob Daniel who was a terrific power back got hurt a couple of years later against Adamsville again. That team recovered and went onto the third round of playoffs where they lost a nail biter against Nashville Christian. but oh what might have been with Daniel's rushing combined with Logan Montgomerys passing attack that year.

then the very next year they had another risner kid who had made all state as a db and wr. He got hurt the first game against Forest. Unfortunately that made the Trojans one dimensional because he was a great but only receiver they had. That team finished with only two wins and began a downward spiral in the program.

Very disappointing from a cat's fan view.

They'll get it together, they always do. I'm not comparing this team to the 2011 team but they didn't scrimmage well either. One thing I noticed last night was coach Rice played almost every player on the team and played a lot of players in different positions.