Wayne County 2016

wildcat89

I know this year's team has at least 17 but possibly 18 or 19. I'm checking on 2 players Grade as a handful of them did not play last year but where HS students.

Cole Creecy and Preston Ray set last year out, both will be juniors. Also Dustin Hargrove is going to be taking over the kicking duties and he also didn't play last year. Don't know if those names help you any

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cole Creecy and Preston Ray set last year out, both will be juniors. Also Dustin Hargrove is going to be taking over the kicking duties and he also didn't play last year. Don't know if those names help you any

Thanks, I knew those 3 were playing as Coach sent me a rough copy of the list of players he had this summer but was not sure of a couple players grade. Now I have confirmed that we actually have 19 Seniors on this squad for 2016!

That's got to be a record or something. I'm going to do some research and see if that isn't a Wayne County record for Seniors on 1 team.

Not many juniors but have a lot to be sophmores. I still say we find out a lot about this team in the scrimmages we have lined up against some very good opponents. Tri scrimmage with UC & Waverly; Columbia Acedemy, Giles Co & jamboree with Fairview. Pretty tough!

Not many juniors but have a lot to be sophmores. I still say we find out a lot about this team in the scrimmages we have lined up against some very good opponents. Tri scrimmage with UC & Waverly; Columbia Acedemy, Giles Co & jamboree with Fairview. Pretty tough!

You never know what to expect out of WC in scrimmages and it's hard to base how you think the season will go from them. In 2011 WC got beat by west Carroll in the Huntingdon jamboree only to beat them 33-0 in the semi finals with the starters not even playing in the second half but for a few minutes then two years ago WC completely dominated NCS in a scrimmage at Page high school only to lose to them in the playoffs. I think it falls back to coach Rice playing a lot of different players to see what they got in real game type situations then several not playing much during the regular season. Does anybody know what time the Waverly scrimmage is? I know it's supposed to be really hot

You never know what to expect out of WC in scrimmages and it's hard to base how you think the season will go from them. In 2011 WC got beat by west Carroll in the Huntingdon jamboree only to beat them 33-0 in the semi finals with the starters not even playing in the second half but for a few minutes then two years ago WC completely dominated NCS in a scrimmage at Page high school only to lose to them in the playoffs. I think it falls back to coach Rice playing a lot of different players to see what they got in real game type situations then several not playing much during the regular season. Does anybody know what time the Waverly scrimmage is? I know it's supposed to be really hot

I'm not sure of the time but I will be traveling to Waverly to watch it. Anybody else going??

Sorry to hear about Mr Woods condition, prayers sent from WC. You won't find any better sportsmanship than you'll get when WC shows up. Sometimes we all gotta step back and remember this is just s game and there's a lot more important things in this life. I pray for Mr Woods and yalls football family

To add to what 89 said. We are terribly sorry to hear of this unfortunate news and hope n pray for nothing but positive things for your announcer and your entire Lion family.

Thanks guys...never doubted that it would be well respected by the 'Cat fans...just wanted to make some of y'all aware so that you'd expect it.

Wow, I have not went by and seen it yet but I'm going to the midnight practice tomorrow at midnight. They will be going in FULL pads for the first time this year! Can't wait to watch. You gonna stay up and go watch with me 89?

It'll start just after midnight and I haven't missed one yet