Wayne County 2016

wildcat89

Saw where we are planning to play several 7 on 7's. I like the fact our coaches want to work and put our boys in different positions to compete. I believe it's what sets programs apart. So many coaches these days just rather enjoy their summers and collect their small checks. Having said that our coaches are under paid! Just random thoughts.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to swing by one last time before the Fall. Sunday morning I received a message and to my surprise it was Coach Rice... He asked me how I was doing and what my future plans were and then at the end of the conversation, he wished me the best.... That's a man who understands the influence he imposes and uses it wisely, on both sides of the ball. I respect genuine and Coach Rice is genuine. As long as my Irish aren't involved then I'll be rooting hard for my friends in Waynesboro this year.

Wanted to swing by one last time before the Fall. Sunday morning I received a message and to my surprise it was Coach Rice... He asked me how I was doing and what my future plans were and then at the end of the conversation, he wished me the best.... That's a man who understands the influence he imposes and uses it wisely, on both sides of the ball. I respect genuine and Coach Rice is genuine. As long as my Irish aren't involved then I'll be rooting hard for my friends in Waynesboro this year.

Good to hear from you Eagle, I been wondering if he ever contacted you. If there's one thing you can count on its the fact that if he told you he would help you with your future plans then he will. Good luck to you and let me know when you think you might make it down this way.

• 2 weeks later...

SP will be much improved as Bass said, but our best group of kids are 7th graders right now, going into the 8th grade this coming year.

Greenback is the top contender from the east. I do wonder how they will replace Silvey, he was a force on defense. Also I believe they lost their top WR?? But still have their WB who will be a senior??

I have Wayne as my top team from the West. Then of course you have Peabody, Dresden who I'm thinking lost a ton of seniors??, Trousdale, Union City, and Huntingdon may be in the mix of they are still 1A. You west teams are so close to having enough enrollment to be 1A or 2A we never know from year to year.

Good luck to the teams in the west and I hope to see you in Cookeville.

Silvey is back, top WR back, RB is back, QB is back, TE/DE is back, multiple other young starters are back a year older and stronger. Skill positions look really good! Looking for a great year!