Wayne County 2016

wildcat89

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked pretty good in scrimmage yesterday on both sides of ball. It appeared we could do whatever we wanted on offense. I'm sure CA was missing some guys due to other sports but note we had two starters from last year out as well. Didn't look too bad on defense but need to build depth up front which a lot of guys played there yesterday. Overall, should be a good year if the injury bug stays away. Btw, Rice can sling the rock and got the Receivers to catch.

Looked pretty good in scrimmage yesterday on both sides of ball. It appeared we could do whatever we wanted on offense. I'm sure CA was missing some guys due to other sports but note we had two starters from last year out as well. Didn't look too bad on defense but need to build depth up front which a lot of guys played there yesterday. Overall, should be a good year if the injury bug stays away. Btw, Rice can sling the rock and got the Receivers to catch.

Once Davis and Mathis get the ball in their hand lookout, yards after the catch were huge.

Backs are looking good as expected. Preston Rice, Avery Davis, Briley Harris, Cameron Ruddle and Joe Birchette in the backfield will be hard to stop. Returning Blaine Bevis and Dawson Mathis at receivers but don't know who will be joining them, Davis will be catching passes out of the backfield. The line is starting to come together with some good sized boys that get after it pretty good. Will know a little more after Thursday's scrimmage but still have some playing baseball.

Looks like we'll be expecting to play some smashmouth football. The "run it down your throat" philosophy.

Looks like we'll be expecting to play some smashmouth football. The "run it down your throat" philosophy.

Good mix of power and speed plus a passing game that's as good as we've had in many years if not better. Also didn't have two senior starters in Birchette who's our strongest runner and great defensive player and Bevis who's a great wide receiver and corner

Not so sure we will run it down ur throat but doesn't matter. We can throw it past ur throat. Offense is going to be pretty dang good this year.

I was excited at the scrimmage with some of our new and younger players. Really liked Myles Prince, Cory Mathis, Brayden Johson, and Owen Risner. There were certainly others as well. The jv kids looked good as well. Dawson Nutt ran the ball well. Thoughts from anyone at the scrimmage?

I was excited at the scrimmage with some of our new and younger players. Really liked Myles Prince, Cory Mathis, Brayden Johson, and Owen Risner. There were certainly others as well. The jv kids looked good as well. Dawson Nutt ran the ball well. Thoughts from anyone at the scrimmage?

I agree, the younger players are hungry for playing time. Very hard working group.