Wayne County 2016

wildcat89

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pirate Mike, Wayne County will be tough as usual. In the east, Greenback has the Silvey kid back. He's the best lineman I saw last season. He was all over Columbia Academy in the semifinal game.

Thanks for the insight on the east and good luck to you guys this fall. Would love nothing more than a WC vs SP matchup but that would be a long ways off! Much respect for yalls program

We just want to play you boys with our stronger teams. LMBO

WC defense is still in the building process after having to replace several really good players but looked good in the spring. As for the offense, just sit back and watch the show, it may be one of the most explosive offenses WC has had.

WC defense is still in the building process after having to replace several really good players but looked good in the spring. As for the offense, just sit back and watch the show, it may be one of the most explosive offenses WC has had.

+1

Looks like another silver ball for the East.

Just because the west is loaded with several good teams don't guarantee a gold ball, it only takes one good team in the east that's as good as several in the west to win it. The only advantage to having so many good teams on one side of the state is they will be battle tested by the time they make it to cookeville where that one or two teams in the east may cake walk into the championship.

SP will be much improved as Bass said, but our best group of kids are 7th graders right now, going into the 8th grade this coming year.

Greenback is the top contender from the east. I do wonder how they will replace Silvey, he was a force on defense. Also I believe they lost their top WR?? But still have their WB who will be a senior??

I have Wayne as my top team from the West. Then of course you have Peabody, Dresden who I'm thinking lost a ton of seniors??, Trousdale, Union City, and Huntingdon may be in the mix of they are still 1A. You west teams are so close to having enough enrollment to be 1A or 2A we never know from year to year.

Good luck to the teams in the west and I hope to see you in Cookeville.

Wayne County only had 319 kids last season and haven't approached that 400 mark in a long time. UC was at 398 last yr...I wonder if they are still looking to move to 2A after this school year..?

So looks like 89 has held things down for us Wayne County fans since last season ended! I suppose I'll make my way back onto the boards for another BIG season in Waynesboro! Here is my insight on the 'Cats '16 team for those interested..

We graduated 13 Senior players from the magical season of 2015.

We are returning a nice core of talented players. We return 6 starters on offense and 7 defensive starters. Also have to replace our K & P. The biggest hit we will take is losing our 2 MLB's (#42 & #52). Those 2 combined for 231 total tackles and 20 Tackles for a loss. But like 89 said, it looks like Birchett (#20) will move from DT back to MLB. I've heard that #1 may be playing some LB this yr as well. #30 Myles Prince looked like a starter at times last yr even as a freshman.

IMO, this team will be in line with last seasons team, as far as talent. Having P.Rice at QB and all those skill players like #8,#9,#15 & throw in #20 some too and Wow! This team is loaded once again and I believe it will come down to us and Huntingdon for the Region, like last season.