Dresden Lions 2016

ysoangry

That Westview verses Henry County will be a nice breakout game for WV's new head coach. Murray and McKenzie will be a good match up also. Murray is supposed to be down a little from the last couple years and McKenzie should be fighting for their district championship. Once again Henry County has a good line up.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hevyrevy1611

Hey there friends (all two of you. Lol) & everyone else. Life, health issues, bad internet out here in boonies, upcoming marriage, etc has me busy with not much online time. But it FOOTBALL TIME so I wanted to peek in & add my two cents worth. Of course Dresden will win gold, run table undefeated mercy ruling all opponents, setting nat'l records on both sides of ball & making USA Today's Top 5 Nat'l Poll, TV appearances, books, movies, new stadium built, coaches in hall of fame... & uhm, uhm all that stuff. Thus said my Magic 8 ball just a few moments ago. Yep. Bank on it. ... Look forward to being loud & proud at upcoming scrimmages at McKenzie, here vs Dyer Co, Milan in Jamboree, then kick off season with Westview. ... But no kidding, this year looks good for Lions. One at a time. Tons of worthy teams we gotta get past, but I think we up to challenge!

Guest hevyrevy1611

Tonight (7-29, Fri) we'll see a glimpse of what our biggies & team looks like. We scrimmage against the worthy 2A McKenzie Rebels. Our rivals two towns down the road. Hope both teams come away with no injuries

Tonight (7-29, Fri) we'll see a glimpse of what our biggies & team looks like. We scrimmage against the worthy 2A McKenzie Rebels. Our rivals two towns down the road. Hope both teams come away with no injuries

should be a good ole scrimmage like first scrimmages are meant to be..can control them a lot

Guest hevyrevy1611

Well in scrimmage Dresden's first squad scored every series (no punts, 6 or 7 TD's), McKenzie scored every other series, (3 or 4 TD's, same number of punts). Second teams were about even. Not totally certain of scores because I got there late, & once there talked with other folk so not always seeing every play. But imo Lions were clearly better team in this first scrimmage, with lotsa good points on O- we got some speedy hard runners & ends with good hands, man what catches! Pretty good protection by biggies. Balanced attack of runs & passes. On D we had blown coverages for big plays, that was biggest weakness to me. We were pretty good against run. On O some of our biggies need to block thru play, not simply hit em once then stand there watching to see what happens. Coaches will shore up weak areas and have us ready. Our players will rise to the occasion. This is year of the Lions. Yep!

Well in scrimmage Dresden's first squad scored every series (no punts, 6 or 7 TD's), McKenzie scored every other series, (3 or 4 TD's, same number of punts). Second teams were about even. Not totally certain of scores because I got there late, & once there talked with other folk so not always seeing every play. But imo Lions were clearly better team in this first scrimmage, with lotsa good points on O- we got some speedy hard runners & ends with good hands, man what catches! Pretty good protection by biggies. Balanced attack of runs & passes. On D we had blown coverages for big plays, that was biggest weakness to me. We were pretty good against run. On O some of our biggies need to block thru play, not simply hit em once then stand there watching to see what happens. Coaches will shore up weak areas and have us ready. Our players will rise to the occasion. This is year of the Lions. Yep!

thanks so much for the recap

Scrimmage went pretty well, but like hevy said, defense is my biggest concern. Completely different from the way they played last year. I don't know if it's the loss of a key player, the loss of our DC or just pre-season jitters. Still plenty of time to figure it out though. Offense looked great. It's going to be a fun year!!