Greenback Recruiting

OutlawJoseyWales

big difference between open zone county and open zone tuition schools. Alcoa takes kids from anywhere as long as they can get to school and pay tuition. Greenback only takes from within the county as long as the kid can get there. Hope this clears it up for you.

Thx.Very simple answer! Edited by orngnblk

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is laughable! Our county is in the smallest 5% in the state and a lot of great players in this area Knoxville/Maryville and surrounding 50 mile radius would go to Maryville/Alcoa or Knoxville private thinking this is the best chance to expose their kid. We get a couple transfers every once in awhile but they live or have moved to GB or Loudon County. That statement can be made by almost every public in the state. There are brothers, cousins, and friends since Kindergarten all across our team roster so go find something worth while you can back up to spout off at the mouth about. I detest ignorance. Greenback roster is full of kids that have played I. The Sequoyah youth conference since they were 5 years old and have won multiple Super Bowls and they haven't forgot how to play football. They keep progressing year after year. That is why we can start Freshman on the line and at LB. We have multiple Freshman on special teams. All GB boys! Same kids that have been whooping Loudon's butt for years! Get over it or offer something better across the river!

big difference between open zone county and open zone tuition schools. Alcoa takes kids from anywhere as long as they can get to school and pay tuition. Greenback only takes from within the county as long as the kid can get there. Hope this clears it up for you.

Yes, there is a huge difference. Also, don't forget some of these systems that are open zone and will bus students past one school to go to another one.

Lady kee I think the addition of your two very good transfers this year coupled with the rumor of adding 2 more transfers after the Christmas break may be fueling this one. Unfortunately if any school gets a transfer that is a significant impact on the field they'll likely have to endure this type of talk. After all we've giveing the private schools grief for years over it so I'm sure it's gonna come back around. I wouldn't worry about it but if it bothers the folks at greenback I completely understand, y'all just give em directions to The Reservation, well take the heat for ya :D

Edited by crow

You boys get on us (SP) for adding one here and one there. I don't recall ever getting multiple transfers in the same season. LMBO. Come to think of it let me try and name ours. In the last 10 seasons I believe we've had about 5. QB in 2013-2014, QB 2015-2016, a lineman in 2014, a couple linemen around 2010-2011. That's the only 5 that I can remember.

Lady kee I think the addition of your two very good transfers this year coupled with the rumor of adding 2 more transfers after the Christmas break may be fueling this one. Unfortunately if any school gets a transfer that is a significant impact on the field they'll likely have to endure this type of talk. After all we've giveing the private schools grief for years over it so I'm sure it's gonna come back around. I wouldn't worry about it but if it bothers the folks at greenback I completely understand, y'all just give em directions to The Reservation, well take the heat for ya :D

10-4 on that we'll take the heat

. Haha Crowe! Good one! I think we'll have to pass. We need all the help we can get with our current 230 or so student body. I just don't see how any logical person can compare a public picking up one of two here and there with a private recruiting any number they want or need to fill their roster. Good luck to The Reservation next season. I'll have 2 boys on the sidelines next season and the younger one is a chip off of Papaw LJ's block! He's a wild one!

. Haha Crowe! Good one! I think we'll have to pass. We need all the help we can get with our current 230 or so student body. I just don't see how any logical person can compare a public picking up one of two here and there with a private recruiting any number they want or need to fill their roster. Good luck to The Reservation next season. I'll have 2 boys on the sidelines next season and the younger one is a chip off of Papaw LJ's block! He's a wild one!

Missed your dad in cookeville, did he make the trip?

Loudon(your team)lost a good coach in Harig and gained a..Well let's say a not so good in Campbell.Kids in Loudon can go to ANY Loudon county school and GB has finally got the facilities to draw some of those kids that have turned their noses up for years and its about time.That's not recruiting it being fortunate!Who wouldn't want to play for the most consistent winning program in the county.Its only gonna get worse for Loudon until you all get another good coach,Loudon HAD a good tradition with Harig.Loudon being in Alcoa's region DOES NOT help either.To call it recruiting is kinda childish.Your welcome to come buy you a spot on our fence!

Does that fence money pay the recruits.