2A 2016

BoydBucFan

I believe there is that much seperation.

Exactly!As for this year,for a team to overcome SO MANY mistakes and still win that shows just how much separation there is/was.If Trez plays mistake free football I think Marion loses by around 21.Sorry but that Trez team could have been CRAZY good!Give credit to Marion for capitalizing on Trez's mistakes and almost pulling off a big one!

If Trez is on their game next yr No one will touch them in the playoffs.I picked them at the beginning of this yr and they are my pick for next,as long as Richardson stays healthy!

Edited by orngnblk

On the East side-What does Tyner lose?Boyd?

Right now not knowing about Tyner I also would give a leg up To AE.As someone already said Marion could Easily take it also.

Take into consideration something big happening at GCA in the off season,I have seen it more than once!Wouldn't surprise me on bit.

Edited by orngnblk

Right now not knowing about Tyner I also would give a leg up To AE.As someone already said Marion could Easily take it also.

Take into consideration something big happening at GCA in the off season,I have seen it more than once!Wouldn't surprise me on bit.

Tyner loses the most with 26 seniors moving on. But they have talent everywhere so they will be down some next year but not as bad as some think. Boyd loses some good players but for the first time that I can remember we have good depth. The QB situation will be interesting to watch play out. I've been watching Boyd football for a long time. I've been to every game since 2005. I'm not blowing smoke when I say next year could be real special for the Bucs.

Exactly!As for this year,for a team to overcome SO MANY mistakes and still win that shows just how much separation there is/was.If Trez plays mistake free football I think Marion loses by around 21.Sorry but that Trez team could have been CRAZY good!Give credit to Marion for capitalizing on Trez's mistakes and almost pulling off a big one!

If Trez is on their game next yr No one will touch them in the playoffs.I picked them at the beginning of this yr and they are my pick for next,as long as Richardson stays healthy!

People on here roasted me all season for putting them number 1 in my rankings when they were 4-3. You remember? LMBO

People on here roasted me all season for putting them number 1 in my rankings when they were 4-3. You remember? LMBO

Yes I do.As OP has said you may miss a score or two but for the MOST part you are usually fair with your assessments.I knew a school like Trez moving into 2A after competing with the likes of Fulton and so on will always be a threat to win it all in the smaller division.#5 for Trez and #23 for Ravenwood were the two best football players I saw all weekend at the State.#35 for NCS has a ton of potential but was out of shape and is not nearly the beast on D I expected.He is defiantly a good looking kid but needs a lot of work.#12,10,11 were also outstanding 1A players. Edited by orngnblk

IF Boyd would have scored one more time they COULD have made it to Cookeville. If's and could have's are not a part of the game, however mistakes are. The game really was as close as it was, really it was. Just my opinion.

Carry on.

It would take something BIG  at the G A. Losing 25 seniors is usually a down year for most schools. But at least they have that SOS thingy going for um.

You are fooling yourself!  They were that much better!  MC had a great defensive gameplan for Richardson and they still gave up 300 plus to him.  He had to work for it, but he got it,  and there were several other athletes on that team,  Also,two of MC's scores were absolute gifts (the hail mary and the lateral into the endzone for the MC touchdown),  Game was not as close as the scoreboard indicated

I guess we can agree to disagree.  The game really was as close as it was.  What about Marion's mistakes?  IF they had not made their mistakes COULD the score have been different?  Absolutely.  Trezevant is, and will be, a great team, I am not trying to take anything away from them.  

I guess we can agree to disagree. The game really was as close as it was. What about Marion's mistakes? IF they had not made their mistakes COULD the score have been different? Absolutely. Trezevant is, and will be, a great team, I am not trying to take anything away from them.

The game I watched on Saturday wasn't as close as the score. Marion fumbled on their second drive. Should have been Trezevant's ball. That's 7 points. The pass before the half was a once in your career type play. That's 7 points. The fumble by Trezevant into their end zone? That's 7 points. That game teetered on the edge several times of turning into a 4-5 TD win. I was pulling for Marion as well, but about every break went against Trezevant. They were by far the superior team. Great coaching by Marion and several timely breaks kept them in that game. Region 3 probably had the 2,3 & 4 best teams in 2A, but there was a lot of seperation to number 1.