2A 2016

BoydBucFan

It's all about staying healthy in 2A

TCA- star player and team leader injured and out

Hampton- star player injured early and severely limited in final game.

Boyd- one of top player out. 3 other starters limited by injuries

Maryann Co. Star player misses a lot of season with injury. And while he played well still may not have been 100%

And that's off the top of my head I'm sure there are others.

None of that matters in the end as you have to play with what you have. If Trez lost their star they likely don't win the title. Add to it that they didn't play anyone with a winning record till TCA in the playoffs and injuries become much less likely.

Dead on!

Marion is 2 TDs better than Trez minus Richardson.

I agree.....Wasn't it you that stated a few days ago that losing one player could not be the reason Hampton lost vs MC? 

As slice said and as you just stated above, when a 2A team loses a key player, they are not the TEAM they were...You end up putting an actual 12th or 13th best player on the field in place of the injured one....When that one player is both an O & D key player, needed to beat a team like MC, it's 99.99% of the time game over in 2A.

Trez doesn't have Richardson, Marion wins....I can see that...Tho not easily.

Edited by uknoit2

Forrest had a senior and junior out for the Marion game. Two star kids on both side sof the ball and we moved a crap ton of kids around to cover the gaps. I'm not saying we would have won, but they wouldnt have beaten us by 4 TDs.

Marion was 4-5 TDs better than Forrest regardless of when they played and who was out for Forrest. We've discussed this already.

Good morning Pujo!

Morning. This is a great discussion going on here. Some people just don't get it. I'll say this and I'm about as dishonest as they come. Barring the turnovers, missed calls and the Injury that took our balance away.we could competed and  may have even beat Marion Co. Trezvant was on a different level than any of us. They had several men where most of us had boy's.

Morning. This is a great discussion going on here. Some people just don't get it. I'll say this and I'm about as dishonest as they come. Barring the turnovers, missed calls and the Injury that took our balance away.we could competed and  may have even beat Marion Co. Trezvant was on a different level than any of us. They had several men where most of us had boy's.

Agreed...I do think we would have passed all over either...Although stopping Trez's D line would have been difficult..As you said, MEN!

Hey, it's the nature of the beast in 2A ball....You lose one key player, you're in trouble because they play both ways! Had it been we lost LJ, McClain, Russell, Wiltshire, Chambers, Wilson, Sanchez we would have been hurt just as badly.....Well, almost.

Case in point, had Wiltshire been hurt against AE, we don't complete that pass on 4th and long....Not another receiver with that height, speed and reach...It's really pretty simple

Edited by uknoit2

I saw Trezevant as a rag tag bunch with 2-3 very good players and 1 all world player. We typically assign dynasty almost every time a team wins in any sport at any level with "these guys could win 3 or 4" type nonsense. The real programs will be at the top. Marion, Adamsville. No guarantees on Trezevant.

Thats exactly what Trezevant is and thats what makes this victory so much sweeter. They will be back. There is noone on the level of our back in 2A. What puts Trezevant in the dynasty conversation in my opinion is the 2 silvers in 4A. The move down to their correct classification may turn them silvers into Gold.