Brian Brown leads McNairy across the river for rematch

Inmyownwords

No I didn't. 83 has nothing to do with graduation. I've had relatives play. Been following cats along time.

Seems like I may have asked you that before. I played for James Arthur Horton from 80-84. Lots of talent in that era.

The true acid test of a good coach is how well they do when they have a lot of talent. Horton took us to State Tournament in 83 and the team was loaded with talent. Brian took the Bobcats to the State tournament in '92 and I believe '96. He won numerous district titles during that time. He had lots of talent and succeeded. The talent at MCHS the past few years has been bad. We came down last January fully loaded with our FB players and beat MC by 30 plus and it could have been 50. Basically no talent. Brian won't win and can't win without some talent. No coach will win until the talent comes back around. You folks can say what you want about his negativity, the bottom line is lack of talent. Horton was very negative as well but after I graduated I grew to respect him more and more. If those kids can't handle being coached and criticized they will struggle being good employees someday. It starts in the Junior Highs as far as rebuilding. Selmer and Ramer have always been the main feeders with a few coming from Bethel and Michie. I think Steve was trying his best to build from the younger ages up, but he didn't have much talent either. Bottom line is that all the offspring from the talented 80's and 90's teams moved away. Nowhere for them to work after high school or college. Brian turned Hardin County around but he didn't do it without some talent. I understand MC has a pretty talented freshman class. You folks just need to be patient and see what happens. I'm always pulling for them except when they play us. I hate we don't have a second game with the Bobcats because my son missed the last game due to Football. I wish them the best this year.

McNairy had a good chance to beat Hardin Co. again as they were up double digits late in 3rd qtr. Then, they got outscored like 24-2 in 4th qtr. I believe MC has got some good players but not having a lot of height is going to hurt them. But, they only have 1 senior on the team, so they may be really good next year. I think they will be better than Chester and Bolivar is not doing well either. Lexington seems to be down as well. I could be wrong because I haven't heard how the freshmen team is doing, but I'm not sure how good they are. I was told in the summer that Selmer Middle beat them pretty good. Selmer has a really good team but don't know if all their best players will end up at McNairy.

Couldn't disagree with you more. Any coach will tell you talent makes a coach look good. Good coaches are good regardless of talent. Teams compete. Duke is good no matter the talent because Coach K gives them his best. Talent makes a coaches job a lot easier

Talent level at MCHS has been down a few years. Forsythe had some talent with Polards, Whitten, Barnes, Littlejohn etc but Liberty Bolivar SS were huge Seems to me he knew how to treat players. Yelled when needed and hugged when needed Players seemed to respect him. On and off the court

Glad you learned to respect Horton. Current and former players dislike Brown. He's the same 24/7/365.

As far as patience with him as you said talent is down and will continue to be. So kids will not enjoy the game won't play and will quit. They will make good employees. There is a difference between being coached and being belittled. A boss would be fired if he/she talked to employees the way he talks to kids.