Jo Byrns 2016

MOTO24

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I counted 2-0 JB with starters and 1 by SC at the end. I thought both teams struggled a bit but it was only the first scrimmage. JB had a new QB...the guy I thought would be the QB apparently decided not to play this year. The new QB is Wyatt Green. I thought he had a pretty good arm; probably the smallest QB we've had in quite some time. I think he'll do fine; this team will rely on the 3 returning backs to get the job done.

For the most part, I thought JB picked up right where they left off last year. I see a very similar team and outcome this year. The next scrimmage is at home against Watertown this Friday.

If their offensive line will come on and progress they'll be a typical Jo Byrns team. The QB will get better and improve with the help of a solid run game. Their defense will be solid as always.

How did the defense look. Do they have any one that looks to be good on D?

Defense looked ok for their first scrimmage.  We were missing two starters on D so things should get better.  

If their offensive line will come on and progress they'll be a typical Jo Byrns team. The QB will get better and improve with the help of a solid run game. Their defense will be solid as always.

I think the o-line will be an issue all year because we have no depth.  If we can keep the guys we have healthy we might be ok.  We won't have a lot of size but they'll be athletic.

Defense looked ok for their first scrimmage.  We were missing two starters on D so things should get better.  

I think the o-line will be an issue all year because we have no depth.  If we can keep the guys we have healthy we might be ok.  We won't have a lot of size but they'll be athletic.

Good luck to you DEVILS  Moto.

Moro I may have missed it somewhere but is there any change going on that's going to help or hurt you Devils this year with the rezoning or whatever it was that was going on

They did rezone but it really hasn't changed much. We'll probably end up with around 400 students in a couple years. There's a chance we could end up in 2A when they reclassify. I think we got 1 new football player this year (young kid, non-starter this year). The original rezoning plan had JB getting around 150 new students but the final plan was about 50 new kids from what I've been told.

We sure could use more football players. We've averaged about 35 players the past 5 years or so. Before that, we were averaging about 50.

They did rezone but it really hasn't changed much. We'll probably end up with around 400 students in a couple years. There's a chance we could end up in 2A when they reclassify. I think we got 1 new football player this year (young kid, non-starter this year). The original rezoning plan had JB getting around 150 new students but the final plan was about 50 new kids from what I've been told.

We sure could use more football players. We've averaged about 35 players the past 5 years or so. Before that, we were averaging about 50.

Numbers really help when it comes to depth in 1a. I remember a few years back y'all had the sidelines full of kids. WC has been on a good streak of 50+ players a year and should dress out just over 60 this year with 17 of them being seniors. Good luck to y'all this year, much respect for yalls program down here in WC!

Numbers really help when it comes to depth in 1a. I remember a few years back y'all had the sidelines full of kids. WC has been on a good streak of 50+ players a year and should dress out just over 60 this year with 17 of them being seniors. Good luck to y'all this year, much respect for yalls program down here in WC!

Much respect for you guys as well! Y'all have had a heck of a run here lately. I hope you guys can keep it going. It sounds like you guys are locked and loaded this year.

Always read the T frequently in the off season, looks like some great story lines across the state this year, the west still seems to be loaded so whoever runs the gauntlet in November will have surely been tested !

Now on to the Devils:

2016 edition will bring a very capable sr tandem of rb's, got some youth up front thats got to grow up pretty fast, QB looks to have the potential to be very effecient, will improve with reps, D should be pretty gud once a cpl starters get back in a cpl weeks,, experience at wr and cb positions, a Jr. And soph, either can make u pay on any given play on either side of the ball,,,,Moto echo me on this if I'm correct ! The kid you and I was impressed with on D will definately be welcome ! All and all alot of ifs and question marks remain until we see how this team is gunna gel and mature, and we definately need to stay healthy ! I say when you play the Devils this yr you will play a very scrappy bunch, looks to be a gud group of kids working hard to get better,,, with a lil luck the Devils could have a pretty gud season.

Nutn like the Friday night lights !

Its football time in TENNESSEE

maybe you will get a few more next yr, one or two can make a difference

Always read the T frequently in the off season, looks like some great story lines across the state this year, the west still seems to be loaded so whoever runs the gauntlet in November will have surely been tested !

Now on to the Devils:

2016 edition will bring a very capable sr tandem of rb's, got some youth up front thats got to grow up pretty fast, QB looks to have the potential to be very effecient, will improve with reps, D should be pretty gud once a cpl starters get back in a cpl weeks,, experience at wr and cb positions, a Jr. And soph, either can make u pay on any given play on either side of the ball,,,,Moto echo me on this if I'm correct ! The kid you and I was impressed with on D will definately be welcome ! All and all alot of ifs and question marks remain until we see how this team is gunna gel and mature, and we definately need to stay healthy ! I say when you play the Devils this yr you will play a very scrappy bunch, looks to be a gud group of kids working hard to get better,,, with a lil luck the Devils could have a pretty gud season.

Nutn like the Friday night lights !

Its football time in TENNESSEE

Yes sir!  The d-linemen (#63) was pretty much unblockable against Stewart Co. last week.  He played with a lot of effort and with his good size that makes it tough for opposing teams to block him.  I'd like to see him and the Staats kid from H20 (who's committed to Air Force) lock horns this week.  What would really be a nice match up is the Staats kid vs. John Henry Dowlen.  You'd have Staats at about 6-5 265 vs. about 6-4 235 (I'm guessing, he's a big ol' boy).  It won't happen since our guy is out but it'd be fun to watch.

JB will definitely be tested tomorrow against H20.  We should know a lot more about JB's abilities after tomorrow's scrimmage.