Bradley Invitational teams

Da Bears

Friday December 18 and Saturday December 19,  2016.

Teams for this year's tournament

Alexander (GA)

Bearden

Blackman

Bradley Central

Buford (GA)

Chatt Central

Commerce (GA)

Etowah (GA)

Father Ryan

Franklin

Gilmer

Greenback

Hardin Valley

Heritage (TN)

Hixson

Huntsville (AL)

Jeff Co HS (TN)

Knox Halls

Maryville HS

Notre Dame

Ooltewah

Stewarts Creek

Tullahoma

Union County

William Blount

Brookwood High (GA)

Smyrna High School

Summit High

Athens (AL)

* Always subject to change

Edited by Da Bears

Should be a dog fight for 1st and 2nd! One of Tennessee's strongest invitationals today

A dog fight for 1st and 2nd? you surely must not be talking about Father Ryan and Bradley are you...? Oh wait you must be mixed up, the McCallie Invitational thread is right below this one.

Edited by westernwrestler

this comment makes soms look smart, please refrain from doing this again.

I would like to thank you texas23 for posting so often that way when I wake up in the morning I know I can start my day off with a nice laugh by getting on here to see what you posted about today.

Exactly what part of my comment makes soms looks smart? I do believe just 7 days ago (I double checked my math, but feel free to check it again) Father Ryan defeated Bradley 44-17 WITHOUT state champion Raymond Eason at 120. In what way does a 27 point dual match win even remotely suggest a close invitational race?

When I read your idiotic comment, that is now making me look much smarter then I actually am (and I thank you for that), I decided to look at the Bradley brackets. Father Ryan has not 1, not 2, not 3, BUT 4 starters out of the lineup, which is more than 25% of their lineup. THEREFORE it seems as though there is one plausible reason you are backing up soms idiotic post prior to the brackets being released is that you are a Father Ryan parent because you must have known they were going to be damaged this weekend giving Bradley a chance to sneak in with a FULL lineup and POSSIBLY win.

But then when I look back at an old post of yours you BASHED the father ryan people for playing the "victim" of all the rankings.

SO could you please explain to me your thought process on how this tournament race would be even remotely close with both teams having their full lineups?

As the semis round up in Bradley the team score on trackwrestling has Father Ryan with 213.5 to Bradley's 191.5, but we all know how trackwrestling has its problems. It must be a typo they should get that fixed.

Edited by westernwrestler

Finals Match ups:

106: Tucker Flint (COM) vs Logan Ashton (Buf)

113: Christain Simpson (FRHS) vs TJ Hicks (Bradley)

120: Raymond Eason (FRHS) vs Ryan McElhaney (Bradley)

126: Luke Mullen (ND) vs Trey Chalifoux (FRHS)

132: Kirby Sinpson (FRHS) vs Hunter Parker (Bradley)

138: Knox Fuller (Bradley) vs Lucas Patterson (GIL)

145: Owen Brown (Com) vs Michael Diemer (Heritage)

152: Donnie Beyer (Bradley) vs David Key (Bro)

160: Colton McMahan (Kno) vs Matthew Sells (Blackman)

170: Brooks Schrimsher (Huntsville) vs John Olivieri (STE)

182: Cole Chancey (Com) vs Nolan Kennedy (WB)

195: George Hooker (FRHS) vs Brett Brown (Bradley)

220: Ben Stacey (FRHS) vs Bronson Rechstiener (ETO)

285: Jeremy Darvin (FRHS) vs Levi Seabolt (GIL)

Due to track issues, this tournament was a little slow but all issues were on track's end. Eventually had to go over to paper system because of so many issues.

Several "upsets" this weekend and we aren't done yet.

Notible matches:

The final with Trey Chalifoux and Luke Mullens should be a banger as well as 113 is a classic match up of the former 106 state champs, that's become some what if a rivalry.

I wish Kirby and fuller were in the same weight, wouldn't mind seeing a rematch of last weekend.

Job Dooley over Calvin Martin and then went on to lose to TJ Hicks 5-7. Saw both and looked good.

Father Ryan's heavyweight seems to be a stud and showed he could win in when the team needs it with an over time victory in the semis. Has #9 ranked kid in the nation in the finals but against TN opponents looked strong.

126 bracket could have potential AAA, A/AA, and D2 state champs, with Shrader, Chalifoux, and Mullen

Finals should be interesting..

Father Ryan only up on Bradley by 16 going into Consi-Semis, might be a close race with FRHS having starters out.

Always a great tournament with really good match ups.

I would like to thank you texas23 for posting so often that way when I wake up in the morning I know I can start my day off with a nice laugh by getting on here to see what you posted about today.

Exactly what part of my comment makes soms looks smart? I do believe just 7 days ago (I double checked my math, but feel free to check it again) Father Ryan defeated Bradley 44-17 WITHOUT state champion Raymond Eason at 120. In what way does a 27 point dual match win even remotely suggest a close invitational race?

When I read your idiotic comment, that is now making me look much smarter then I actually am (and I thank you for that), I decided to look at the Bradley brackets. Father Ryan has not 1, not 2, not 3, BUT 4 starters out of the lineup, which is more than 25% of their lineup. THEREFORE it seems as though there is one plausible reason you are backing up soms idiotic post prior to the brackets being released is that you are a Father Ryan parent because you must have known they were going to be damaged this weekend giving Bradley a chance to sneak in with a FULL lineup and POSSIBLY win.

But then when I look back at an old post of yours you BASHED the father ryan people for playing the "victim" of all the rankings.

SO could you please explain to me your thought process on how this tournament race would be even remotely close with both teams having their full lineups?

As the semis round up in Bradley the team score on trackwrestling has Father Ryan with 213.5 to Bradley's 191.5, but we all know how trackwrestling has its problems. It must be a typo they should get that fixed.

the simple ( i will keep it that way for you) truth is that I was poking fun at Sommers, not you.  But thanks for the paragraphs of good comments.  If the word "victim" feels like a bashing, then I must consider another word to describe the crying about not being rated number one in a coaches poll and then after beating some teams ranked above them, the then outrage of such a voting it really was.  "victim" seemed appropriate, but I could be wrong.  I am not Father Ryan parent or a Bradley parent either, but I like the Bradley team.

Ashton over Flint

Hicks over Simpson

McElhaney over Eason (pin)

Chalifoux over Mullen (6-2)

Sinpson over Parker (10-1)

Fuller over Patterson

Beyer over Key

Sells over McMahan (#2 matchup)

Olivieri over Schrimsher

Chancey over Kennedy

Brown over Hooker (FRHS salty about this one)

Rechstiener over Stacey

Seabolt over Darvin (pin)

Not a great showing in the finals by Father Ryan, clearly weren't wrestling to their potential.

Home advantage seemed to play a part but if FRHS had a full line up I think the results would differ.

Some big upsets and key matches in the consolation rounds.

Shrader vs Martinez and a few others.

Definitely will be some tweaking to the rankings, especially in the little boys