Bradley Invitational teams

Da Bears

Ryan is a great and storied program, but reality is that D1 and DII are not even close. That is why there are two divisions. The lesser schools have a chance to compete also and that is good for the sport. Just imagine if cleveland and wilson central would have been in this tourament.

Team Scores

1. Bradley Central 252.5

2. Father Ryan 241.5

3. Commerce 186.5

4. Stewarts Creek 128.0

5. Gilmer 124.0

6. brookwood High 117.0

7. Ooltewah 102.0

7. Summitt 102.0

9. Knox Halls 99.0

10. William Blount 98.0

11. Heritage 93.0

12. Athens 92.0

13. Blackman 88.0

14. Alexander 87.5

15. Etowah 86.0

16. Buford 71.5

17. Hixson 57.0

18. Huntsville 56.0

19. Franklin 55.5

20. Chattanooga Central 55.0

21. Notre Dame 53.0

22. Hardin Valley 46.0

23. Jefferson County 45.0

24. Tullahoma 42.0

25. Smyrna High 40.0

26. Bearden 28.0

27. Greenback 11.0

28. Maryville 10.5

29. Union County 6.0

Congrats coach Smith and getting the added bonus and console pts. And to Coach Gonyea for pulling out a top 4 Finish and not even ranked ;)

Boy, the arrogance and short memories of some of the people on this forum never ceases to amaze me!

In the past month, Father Ryan has SPANKED Cleveland, Bradley, and Wilson Central. This weekend, without even fielding a 170 and inserting not one, not two, but THREE JV wrestlers, the Irish easily snagged second.

D2 is the "lesser" division? The embarrassing smackdowns Ryan has laid on multiple "top" D1 programs already this year seems to suggest the opposite.

And to the poster who suggested home field advantage may have come into play, I can only assume you are referring to the 195 match. My FaceTime view was admittedly not high quality, but that first stalling call sure seemed to come late. Was that par for the course all weekend?

IrishDad,

I don't believe anywhere when I mentioned home field advantage did I mention the 195 pound bout. The victory there had nothing to do with home field advantage, that was a 1-0 win with an escape that reflects that wrestlers ability to get off bottom.

I was referring to the tournament as a whole. Obviously when the Bradley boys are in front of a huge bear crowd, they are going to be wrestling their top game. Just like in a few weeks when we travel to Father Ryan, those kids will have an advantage wrestling in front of their fan base.

I admire your attempt to debacle my information that was actually useful to add your "2 cents" but granted, maybe leave the FaceTime at home and attend the event if you're going to talk about the atmosphere of the tournament.

thank you though for your wonderful insight

Edited by MatWiz

Boy, the arrogance and short memories of some of the people on this forum never ceases to amaze me!

In the past month, Father Ryan has SPANKED Cleveland, Bradley, and Wilson Central. This weekend, without even fielding a 170 and inserting not one, not two, but THREE JV wrestlers, the Irish easily snagged second.

D2 is the "lesser" division? The embarrassing smackdowns Ryan has laid on multiple "top" D1 programs already this year seems to suggest the opposite.

Surely he meant DI is the lesser division. Based on past history ( as in the last few weeks) how could he mean otherwise? Didn't Father Ryan run away this tournament last year? Cleveland has won everything in DI the last few years and I think are about 0-10 vs Baylor and Father Ryan in that time frame.

Surely he meant DI is the lesser division. Based on past history ( as in the last few weeks) how could he mean otherwise? Didn't Father Ryan run away this tournament last year? Cleveland has won everything in DI the last few years and I think are about 0-10 vs Baylor and Father Ryan in that time frame.

I don't believe we are discussing previous years and to find those 2014 forums you are going to have to scroll back quite some ways.

I believe we are discussing the Bradley Tournament (hense the name of the forum). Where, in the finals, excluding out of state kids, D-1 won 5 bouts where D-2 won 2.

Hmmmmm, that's funny

I don't believe we are discussing previous years and to find those 2014 forums you are going to have to scroll back quite some ways.

I believe we are discussing the Bradley Tournament (hense the name of the forum). Where, in the finals, excluding out of state kids, D-1 won 5 bouts where D-2 won 2.

Hmmmmm, that's funny

So you were saying D2 is for lesser teams to be able to compete in your previous statement ? Lol, we don't have to go back to the old forums to see Father Ryan smoked Bradley and Cleveland just last weekend . I hope D I won more matches today considering Father Ryan was the only D2 school there. Heck, I'm all for Bradley but you shouldn't post idiotic statements . Your going to

Lose all credibility