Ooltewah Basketball Season Canceled

Southtowner

What are the other problems outside of the recent basketball fiasco? People say more to come... Shut down football and all men's sports... Fire everyone... What is the rest in the state missing? Sounds like the right things are happening as investigation goes on just not initially or at the speed of social media. Why is this area and school so bad besides this incident?

May be some answers for you here.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2016/jan/21/pressure-mounting-school-leaders-ooltewah-rap/345771/

CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT... they recruit players in every sport...i.e 2 of the 3 perpetrators wrer there from Brainerds zone...every sport!!! ..they have about 5 guys on their baseball team that live in Central Highs Zone...and no telling how many football players out of zone there on HARDSHIPS. THE TSSAA and Especially Hamilton County needs to step on and say "sure, you can hardship to another school for your Education, BUT NO ATHLETICS FOR YOU." .....Because Ooltewah uses hardships as a Recruiting Tool..that's been known for a while. .maybe this horrific incident will open people's eyes to it

So your saying a kid can get a hardship and attend Ooltewah, but can't play sports?  So, the child can't be in the band or the drama club or participate in any other extra curricular activities?  

Yeah, that makes sense.

So your saying a kid can get a hardship and attend Ooltewah, but can't play sports? So, the child can't be in the band or the drama club or participate in any other extra curricular activities?

Yeah, that makes sense.[/quote

Hey MISS glock22, go back and read my post...in all caps it says NO ATHLETICS....that is athletics that are sanctioned by TSSAA. ..no one recruits kids to EWWTEWAH for the darn drama club...it's widely known that the administration and coaches at ooltewah recruit Players to play....

Thanks for the info. I am hesitant to condemn an entire school or community based on a few kids and delayed reaction of a few overseeing. It is a terrible incident and one that could have occurred it many places around our country. Although actions of administration seemed slow, I'm not aware of the information they had at the time of the incident including who did what and who was talking. An internal and police Investigation must have been started as reports came in. So where the three involved taken to jail that night or the next day? Did it get reported to the police that night or the next day? At the first hospital or second? I've read the articles but I'm not filling in the blanks based on perception. It sounds like the team -4 played 4 more games. I wonder how the coach handled this with his team in the aftermath during that time. I wonder how these young men processed this event and were resilient to represent their school and community moving forward during those games. I live 175 miles away and don't know the details but, I will say this:

I am hurt for the young men that were abused, I am appalled a person could perform such a deviant act on another, I am angered by the process of justice, I am annoyed by those making personal condemnation of an entire school even relating recruiting to this matter of abuse, I am hopeful that the students, teachers and administration that have began this semester do so with a greater purpose, and finally I am encouraged that those with a greater purpose are not defined by this event but rally around one another to make a better school and community to live. I pray for all involved from every player, student, coach, teacher, admin, superintendent, board member, and individual in that community. I pray this event is a deterrent for any individual on any sports team at any school across our nation to even contemplate such an act as the worse form of hazing.

Great question. Are they or their children there? If they are not at the school then your comments are unfounded. You don't really know. You are making assumptions or hearing second hand. My son is there daily. my comments are first hand experiences. My son plays two sports and hasn't experienced any of this crap.

Pathetic any of these men are still employed and drawing a check from this school

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2016/jan/21/live-updates-adult-ooltewah-rape-case-suspects-court/345837/

So your saying a kid can get a hardship and attend Ooltewah, but can't play sports? So, the child can't be in the band or the drama club or participate in any other extra curricular activities?

Yeah, that makes sense.[/quote

Hey MISS glock22, go back and read my post...in all caps it says NO ATHLETICS....that is athletics that are sanctioned by TSSAA. ..no one recruits kids to EWWTEWAH for the darn drama club...it's widely known that the administration and coaches at ooltewah recruit Players to play....

You're an idiot.

So police report was 5 hours and 30 mins after incident from medical center? Did the coaches call 911 and he go by ambulance or did coaches take him to hospital?

Below taken from the espn article. It appears the coaches were too busy preparing for the next game to get personally involved. Rumor has it rather than study game films these coaches screened " Deliverance " to motivate the boys for the all important tournament, little issues such as : ( again quotes below from espn ) could wait until after the games to be dealt with . Another article suggested a coach drove the injured boy to the hospital.

"the coaches found a 15-year-old freshman player covered in blood, urine and feces."

" The alleged rape, which happened shortly after 7 p.m. Dec. 22, according to Pinkston, wasn't reported to Gatlinburg Police until 12:34 a.m. Dec. 23, according to the police report of the incident."

"The police were ultimately called not by Montgomery, Williams or Nayadley, who was on the trip to Gatlinburg to see his son play in the tournament, but by personnel at LeConte Medical Center, where the 15-year-old was first taken for treatment.

Ultimately, the injured freshman was transferred to the University of Tennessee Medical Center in Knoxville, where, according to his mother, he had emergency surgery to repair damage to several internal organs and remove the tip of the pool cue..."