District 15A

Intense

I've never seen the Basketball board so boring. Nobody from District 15A ever posts and very few from 14A. 14A is really good once again with Halls, Union City, Gibson County and Humboldt being the top 4.

The top 15A teams thus far are Middleton, TCA, Riverside and Jackson Christian in order. Middleton and TCA play Friday night. TCA has to take care of business against JC on Tuesday night or the game Friday won't mean anything. TCA has the size to match Middleton and the guard play but not sure about depth. JC is coming off a big win on the road against Adamsville. I think Middleton and TCA are the only two teams that can legitimately compete with 16A and 14A. It's crunch time for all of the teams. Adamsville remains a very dangerous team in 15A. Madison has played some close games in 15A but just can't get a W. The next two weeks will determine the final seedlings for the tournament.

I've never seen the Basketball board so boring. Nobody from District 15A ever posts and very few from 14A. 14A is really good once again with Halls, Union City, Gibson County and Humboldt being the top 4.

The top 15A teams thus far are Middleton, TCA, Riverside and Jackson Christian in order. Middleton and TCA play Friday night. TCA has to take care of business against JC on Tuesday night or the game Friday won't mean anything. TCA has the size to match Middleton and the guard play but not sure about depth. JC is coming off a big win on the road against Adamsville. I think Middleton and TCA are the only two teams that can legitimately compete with 16A and 14A. It's crunch time for all of the teams. Adamsville remains a very dangerous team in 15A. Madison has played some close games in 15A but just can't get a W. The next two weeks will determine the final seedlings for the tournament.

I'm just curious on a few things. First, obviously TCA and Middleton will both dictate to see who gets the 1 and 2 seeds, with JC and A'ville battling out for 3 and 4. SH, Riverside, and Madison will lay out the rest.

1) Where is this district tournament located?

2) Will y'all play in Memphis for region or go up to the UC, Gibson Co, region? I'm pretty sure they'll match up with the Huntingdon, McKenzie, Bruceton region and y'all play Memphis..

I do agree with the fact that they are no basketball posters from West Tennessee. Majority of it the boards are East Tennessee teams, when we know that West TN has dominated basketball and possibly will dominate basketball for the next several years...

I'm just curious on a few things. First, obviously TCA and Middleton will both dictate to see who gets the 1 and 2 seeds, with JC and A'ville battling out for 3 and 4. SH, Riverside, and Madison will lay out the rest.

1) Where is this district tournament located?

2) Will y'all play in Memphis for region or go up to the UC, Gibson Co, region? I'm pretty sure they'll match up with the Huntingdon, McKenzie, Bruceton region and y'all play Memphis..

I do agree with the fact that they are no basketball posters from West Tennessee. Majority of it the boards are East Tennessee teams, when we know that West TN has dominated basketball and possibly will dominate basketball for the next several years...

District tournament will be at TCA this year. We will play against Memphis 16A in Region tourney that will be hosted by Mitchell. Right now Riverside is in 3rd followed by JC and then Adamsville. UC's district will play against McKenzies district in the Region tourney.

TCA wins in OT against a mediocre JC team. Middleton throttles Riverside by 37. If TCA doesn't develop a mental game it will be ugly on Friday against Middleton. Middleton won the first game 81-73 at Middleton with TCA football players only having been on the floor one week. At this point TCA may have been better in December. We seem to play to our level of competition. I'm hoping we have gotten the bad games out of the way and ready to play ball. JC looks to be the team to beat for 3rd in the district. Unless you are Middleton, winning on the road in 15A has been tough this year. Ole Burkley seems to always find a way to have a great Middleton team. Outstanding coach!

TCA wins in OT against a mediocre JC team. Middleton throttles Riverside by 37. If TCA doesn't develop a mental game it will be ugly on Friday against Middleton. Middleton won the first game 81-73 at Middleton with TCA football players only having been on the floor one week. At this point TCA may have been better in December. We seem to play to our level of competition. I'm hoping we have gotten the bad games out of the way and ready to play ball. JC looks to be the team to beat for 3rd in the district. Unless you are Middleton, winning on the road in 15A has been tough this year. Ole Burkley seems to always find a way to have a great Middleton team. Outstanding coach!

I think Burkley is the best coach around

Burkley is as brutally honest as they come, and that's what it takes to get the most out of hs kids. It's plain and simple at Middleton...if you can't handle Coach Burkley, you don't play ball at Middleton. He don't mind sitting his best players on the bench.

Edited by tonym3143

Yes I agree the basketball threads this year for 14A has been very boring to say the least. I've rarely seen any UC (not like UC fans), Humboldt, Lake County fans post and Halls is undefeated but fans never posted anyways. I'm going to predict that Humboldt will make it to sub-state again this year, team is young but come tournament time coach Abernathy will get the best out of them. They are just not playing consistent every night but I think in a elimination game they will play their best!!!!

Burkley is as brutally honest as they come, and that's what it takes to get the most out of hs kids. It's plain and simple at Middleton...if you can't handle Coach Burkley, you don't play ball at Middleton. He don't mind sitting his best players on the bench.

I agree Burkley is an outstanding coach and is tough on the kids but Northcut is a good one as well. He is a wizard at X and O's. He won't always have the most talent but he can out scheme you if needed. Fortunately, he has had talent the last four years and hasn't had to rely on schemes all the time. If the game is on the line I want him calling the play!!

I have seen TCA play a couple of times now and am not sure they can compete with the Middleton's and Mitchell's of the Region.  The look good at times when they play together, but there are other times when players go selfish and take bad shots.  It depends on how they play on a given night as to how far they go.  JC is at best mediocre and had this game won.  Kudos to the kids from TCA for not giving up.  Wish I could see the Middleton game.  Do they have a makeup date yet?

Yes I agree the basketball threads this year for 14A has been very boring to say the least. I've rarely seen any UC (not like UC fans), Humboldt, Lake County fans post and Halls is undefeated but fans never posted anyways. I'm going to predict that Humboldt will make it to sub-state again this year, team is young but come tournament time coach Abernathy will get the best out of them. They are just not playing consistent every night but I think in a elimination game they will play their best!!!!

I think most of the posts in the past came from UC fans and followers. I think even they know that they aren't the team they were in recent years that's why they don't post. Nobody ever wanted to give Halls credit and they still aren't even with an undefeated record.

I think most of the posts in the past came from UC fans and followers. I think even they know that they aren't the team they were in recent years that's why they don't post. Nobody ever wanted to give Halls credit and they still aren't even with an undefeated record.

Yes, Halls is the team to beat in 14A & is playing good basketball right now! A lot of people are not giving them credit because they have not seen them play & Halls hasn't had a dominate basketball program in awhile! So, I wouldn't worry about what people thinks as long as Halls continue to play good! Like I said in another post, Humboldt will be ready come tournament time even though they are young & I predict them at least making sub-state game!

I have seen TCA play a couple of times now and am not sure they can compete with the Middleton's and Mitchell's of the Region. The look good at times when they play together, but there are other times when players go selfish and take bad shots. It depends on how they play on a given night as to how far they go. JC is at best mediocre and had this game won. Kudos to the kids from TCA for not giving up. Wish I could see the Middleton game. Do they have a makeup date yet?

Very good post. It's appears you are not in the TCA family therefore you are giving a good outside, objective viewpoint. I wholeheartedly agree with you. We have the size and talent but the things you mentioned hurts us. Sad thing is that we did compete with Middleton when we still had football legs. Can we compete now? Yes and no. Yes physically and no mentally.

Makeup date is Saturday, February 6th.

Edited by TCAIntense