Ms Basketball nominees and why?

MartianMan

Kendall Spray from Wilson Central should be an AAA nominee. Averaging 27 points per game for 19-0 team. She scored 54 in one game, set the state record for three's in a single game with 14. On pace to break the season record for three's which she set last year.

Dangerfield should and WILL win the award.

+1

Sorry for being unable to post recently, didn't understand how to operate ad blocker and it kept me from the site.

I have to say what i said last year, at the very least Kassidy Allen deserves recognition. 

This young lady has taken every challenge head on, while playing with incredible sportsmanship. From the time she took the court as a Freshman, starting her FIRST game with Coach Jim Brown, and at the time (with players such as Coe and Hensley) that is impressive in itself. She helped her team to a State Championship, State Runner Up, two out of three district 7a titles, and a region 4a title. Just last year, she led the blue devils in Points, Rebounds, Steals, and Blocks. She is a true leader on the court, and is not only recognized at JCHS. Her basketball career included being named Upper Cumberland Freshman of the Year, to numerous district, region, and Class A all state Teams, and also this past year, to TWSA All state team. 

Outside of school basketball, she was named the National Blue Chips All Star camp MVP, as well as being listed Rick Bolus High potential Rank on his annual list of high school girls basketball players around the nation. 

In addition to Basketball, she was named the District 7a MVP for Volleyball and the TWSA all state team for volleyball in 2015.

It would be a true shame if such a great athlete goes unrecognized for her high school achievements. Goodluck to everyone out there! 

Sorry for being unable to post recently, didn't understand how to operate ad blocker and it kept me from the site.

I have to say what i said last year, at the very least Kassidy Allen deserves recognition. 

This young lady has taken every challenge head on, while playing with incredible sportsmanship. From the time she took the court as a Freshman, starting her FIRST game with Coach Jim Brown, and at the time (with players such as Coe and Hensley) that is impressive in itself. She helped her team to a State Championship, State Runner Up, two out of three district 7a titles, and a region 4a title. Just last year, she led the blue devils in Points, Rebounds, Steals, and Blocks. She is a true leader on the court, and is not only recognized at JCHS. Her basketball career included being named Upper Cumberland Freshman of the Year, to numerous district, region, and Class A all state Teams, and also this past year, to TWSA All state team. 

Outside of school basketball, she was named the National Blue Chips All Star camp MVP, as well as being listed Rick Bolus High potential Rank on his annual list of high school girls basketball players around the nation. 

In addition to Basketball, she was named the District 7a MVP for Volleyball and the TWSA all state team for volleyball in 2015.

It would be a true shame if such a great athlete goes unrecognized for her high school achievements. Goodluck to everyone out there! 

I believe she will get the nod this year.  Very deserving young lady!  What schools is she looking at?

Div 2A. Miss BBall award should go to UAB Signee, Micah Scheetz of Webb School Knoxville. She won the title as a Sophomore and was nominee as a Junior. She continues to lead her team in all stats and is averaging over 20 points per game and is on track to break school scoring record held by Glory Johnson. Micah has won PrepXtra player of the year back to back which has only been done one other time by Glory Johnson. Micah has made All State Team as a Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior. Micah has led Webb girls to the State Championship all 3 years of her career and won back to back state championships as a Sophomore and Junior. Micah was awarded MVP of the State Championship Game her Sophomore and Junior year. Micah is one of two seniors on her team and has become a good leader to the young Webb team. She definitely should end her Senior year with the Miss Basketball Honor! She has worked hard and is very deserving !

Micah Scheetz for D-II A. A UAB Signee and arguably one of the best players in the state. A Two time Miss Basketball nominee, winning the award in 2014 as a sophomore, she is the epitome of the "all-around team player." She is averaging 20+ a game again this season, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 steals this season. She scored 37 against a good Alcoa team this year and had 30 points last week against Fulton in 3 about 3 quarters. Truly an amazing and entertaining player to watch!

Micah Scheetz for D-II A. A UAB Signee and arguably one of the best players in the state. A Two time Miss Basketball nominee, winning the award in 2014 as a sophomore, she is the epitome of the "all-around team player." She is averaging 20+ a game again this season, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 steals this season. She scored 37 against a good Alcoa team this year and had 30 points last week against Fulton in 3 about 3 quarters. Truly an amazing and entertaining player to watch!

The Casey kid from FRA was the best player on the floor when they beat Webb and were up by 20 most of the game.

Scheetz is good no doubt but Casey is having a great season and in the Div 2A middle district POY so far.