Region 3AAA Rundown

HurricanePride

With two weeks left in the season.  How does everyone see this shaking down?  

5AAA

1 Bradley Central

2 East Hamilton

3 Walker Valley/McMinn County (Stll to play)

5 Ooltewah

6 Soddy Daisy

7 Cleveland

6AAA

1 Cumberland

2 White County

3 Cookeville

4 Stone Memorial

5 Rhea County

6 Warren County

If the district tournament shapes up like the regular season how do you see the region tournament playing out?  Where is the region this year.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With two weeks left in the season.  How does everyone see this shaking down?  

5AAA

1 Bradley Central

2 East Hamilton

3 Walker Valley/McMinn County (Stll to play)

5 Ooltewah

6 Soddy Daisy

7 Cleveland

6AAA

1 Cumberland

2 White County

3 Cookeville

4 Stone Memorial

5 Rhea County

6 Warren County

If the district tournament shapes up like the regular season how do you see the region tournament playing out?  Where is the region this year.

Other than Bradley, and to a lesser degree East Hamilton, District 5 isn't very good this year.  In my opinion Bradley could be the only District 5 team left in the semi-finals of Region 3 play, and definitely will be the only District 5 team that could be in the finals of Region 3.
The District 5 tournament will be played at McMinn County High School this year.  I don't know about the locale of the Region 3 tourney.

Edited by blitzinbuc

Other than Bradley, and to a lesser degree East Hamilton, District 5 isn't very good this year. In my opinion Bradley could be the only District 5 team left in the semi-finals of Region 3 play, and definitely will be the only District 5 team that could be in the finals of Region 3.

The District 5 tournament will be played at McMinn County High School this year. I don't know about the locale of the Region 3 tourney.

I heard the region is at Cookeville.

Other than Bradley, and to a lesser degree East Hamilton, District 5 isn't very good this year.  In my opinion Bradley could be the only District 5 team left in the semi-finals of Region 3 play, and definitely will be the only District 5 team that could be in the finals of Region 3.

The District 5 tournament will be played at McMinn County High School this year.  I don't know about the locale of the Region 3 tourney.

I agree with you about dist. 5AAA being weak. McMinn Central is AA and easily beat McMinn Co. and Walker Valley earlier this year and will play them again in the next two weeks. McMinn and Walker Valley will finish either 3rd or 4th in dist. 5AAA. Sequoyah beat McMinn both games this year and they will finish 2nd in our AA district. 

Isn't the region tournament set up to match teams according to seed's from their respective districts?  1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3.  

If that is the case the matchups would look something like this.

Bradley vs Stone

East Hamilton vs Cookeville

Walker Valley vs White County

McMinn County vs Cumberland

I do believe all the higher seeds will advance.  Only question mark would be Cookeville vs East Hamilton simply because they are hosting the tournament.  East Hamilton could definitely win that game though.