6AAA 2016

smpanthers

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District 6AAA better be aware. We just played the most improved team I have seen in just one year. Warren County has what it takes to make serious noise in the District this year. I was very impressed how they never quit fighting and 1 thru 9 can hit the ball. My hats off to the coaches and players.

District 6AAA better be aware. We just played the most improved team I have seen in just one year. Warren County has what it takes to make serious noise in the District this year. I was very impressed how they never quit fighting and 1 thru 9 can hit the ball. My hats off to the coaches and players.

Not sure why that posted 3 times but thanks coach rusty for the kind words. The girls have worked hard to try and prove themselves. The game against Cookeville was one of the best I've seen them play. Came up a little short on the win but ur right they fought the whole game being down 8-1 is hard to come back from but they kept diggin.

Yeah, Warren County is the most improved team I have seen in the District.  They hit the ball well! Tournament time teams better watch out!  But, also Cookeville and Rhea County are awfully tough.  They are playing a ton of real good teams and by tourney they will be tougher and more seasoned.  The rest of the pack are kind of sad. Saw the Cookeville - White County game last night and Cookeville won.  Two of White County's pitchers are really good - I have watched the Parker and the Savage girls in travel tournaments and both have a lot of movement on their pitches and probably 4-5 different pitches each, but last night it looked like only fastballs were called for both of them to pitch, so, as I say, anybody can hit a fastball!  The errors on White County team is unreal - one of the biggest - bases loaded and two outs and a fly ball to center - the center fielder just watched it hit the ground and Cookeville was off to the finish line.  

I say it like it is and sometimes those of you are turned off by that, but I just say the truth.  Hope you will comment more on this District, the top three are good, and the bottom three are not, but maybe this will bring some issues to light. 

Waiting on the next game!

Rhea County took two games from Warren County - Good games and good plays.  Some real good players on both teams.  The top two teams are still Cookeville and Rhea County, but they better watch out for Warren the tournaments.  They are getting primed for the tournament play. 

Cookeville blanked Stone Memorial. Not a contest there.  Cookeville overpowered them.  Looks like some players are giving up on Stone.

White County drilled Cumberland County. Not quiet sure how Cumberland won the first one.  But no contest here on the second one.

Warren County beat White County.  Warren scored 7 runs on three hits.  Good pitching by both pitchers.  Errors and inability to hit by White County are killing them.