Grundy 2016

Jackets 87 says Coach Tate and Jackets 86 says he's doing a great job. Which is it? Where is Del Tavian?

I'm retired from sports media. I was appointed state director in June of TN Bassmasters High School fishing. That's where I'm needed most. 

I was at the game tonight until it was 35-6 Whitwell. I saw bits and pieces of the game as I was running a fundraiser. Turnovers killed Grundy. 

Going to bed now. Fishing tournament in the morning. To all the anglers out there..... Tight Lines!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One major problem I have saw with Tate in the first 2 years is he blames or passes the buck on to the Bryant era in the local paper or tv station by saying things like: teaching the kids the right to play now or now the kids are lifting weights the right way and several other things. It's very unprofessional especially when Bryant gave Tate a position on his staff and than Tate bolted for Dunlap for a very quick stint (spring practice). Maybe one or two players he has are left over from the Bryant era because all the kids transferred or left the team when he was hired "I CAN WIN WITHOUT THOSE KIDS". Tate wouldn't be able to field a team without first year seniors or one year juniors playing. But all you guys that were bashing the last staff have totally disappeared.

Hang in there Jackets! Six turnovers are hard to overcome. But it can be fixed!

there are to many coaches on the sideline it was really embarrassing to see all of em but 1 or 2 out on the field and the refs givin em warnings..as for the arguing in the press box I have no clue about..I know that our defense played good until they lost hope with us havin so many turnovers..you can't just cough the ball up that many times and expect to win..you also can't have a kid playing qb if he can't read the defense..that's his main job to know whether to pull it or hand it off..there was prolly 30 times he should have pulled the ball and he didn't..you also can't run the same play that ain't working 45 times and expect it to work the 46 time..why didn't we run to the left? There was huge wholes made on the left side of the field..I understand we are young we have 20 sophomores prolly 10 freshman but at what point can we stop blaming it on youth and start blaming on someone who is not paying attention to detail? He needs to get rid of bout 6 coaches and leave the main guys that are at practice everyday..and for cryin out loud basic 101 of football is to hold on to the ball keep it up in your chest with both hands on it until you get to the secondary..if the kid can't afford gloves I'll buy him some..recievers dropped passes that should have been caught they need some gloves too..the o-line And d-line did good the line backers did good..heck the corners did good except for on 1-2 plays..I honestly think Grundy needs to go back to the drawing board and revamp their offense get rid of the flexbone and just stick to the split back..they ran better out of it..nothin wrong with running in the shotgun but everybody knows your passing when you line up in it..throw some motion in it make it a qb read with and option to pass heck make a couple running plays out of it..Grundy used to be known for running a killer screen play why not throw a couple in there..this is going to be a REALLY long season if things don't change and fast..

The Bryants resigned. They are done coaching. They dont coach anywhere. Did they have good players when they were there? Yes. Those kids didnt transfer, only transfer was QB. They graduated. Bryant resigned at a good time. He knew talent was down its a smart move. There are no Nolans or Bramhalls or Rheas or Cleeks on this team. Its a handful of seniors left from Bryant and sophs and freshman. You can twist it how you want but tates a sophomore coach with a sophomore team.

Your right the Bryant's "resigned". But I decided in the last hour that I'm not sinking to other poster level on here that bashed Bryant for 3 or 4 years when he was there. Yes I don't agree with what Tate does all the time but I don't agree with Saban does all the time either. We all know that our county is so divided and full of drama that we will never be completely successful. So whoever the coaches may be I'm wishing them luck from now on. The kids need to start coming first at some level (South Grundy or High School) and things may start to change. The bad thing is that the kids are falling in the trap set by their parents now. So Go Jackets and good luck and stay safe throughout this year.

Maybe we just need to split the high school..have a south Grundy high school in Tracy and keep North Grundy in coalmont..it's because of big 8 ball is the whole reason our county is divided and parents refuse to have a middle school built..if that's the case divide the county in half Pelham all the way to plainview and monteagle go to Tracy rest of the county goes to coalmont..the teachers would have better 1 on 1 time with the students and we would be back in 1A ball..