Grundy 2016

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, statistician, what was Whitwell stats last year? And how do you KNOW anything about Grundy last year? Oh yea cause your disgruntled because the former coaches are out or you just dislike current coach.Well here is a stat, the Former coaches beat 3 teams who had a .500 or better record in SIX years. So to think they would have done in multiple times last year is ridiculous. I believe Cannon was only team on schedule with losing record, how many losing record teams did Grundy play in last six seasons prior to last year?4-5 cause thats the only teams they beat. Im sure the previous coaches were all snatched up quick to be coordinators at successful programs due to their outstanding coaching ability.

York was 2-8. Whitwell 6-6. Cannon 0-10. Other 7 games were top 25 3A opponents. Very tough schedule for Grundy. However, you had a program that was a perennial playoff team, regardless of the competition you have to admit there was a better feeling on the mountain with the Bryant's than currently. I would say Grundy and Cannon will be battling for the bottom spot for a while. Grundy should beat them every year but with this schedule, Grundy will struggle through the foreseeable future. I say you beat Cannon and are more competitive against Whitwell and York, but ultimately you are looking at another 1-9 season. Here is the question, do you blame Coach Tate? I would say he needs time, assistants, and an easier out of region schedule to be succesful. Time he may or may not have Im not sure what the community thinks about him. Assistants, dont see that happening. Easier non region schedule? Thats only 3 games. Grundy will not drop Marion or Whitwell I wouldn't think because of the gate money....probably drop Watertown and pick up maybe a Bledsoe County? Tough road ahead, but I always thought the world of Grundy County people and wish the Jackets well. 

Edited by PaPaLegba

I believe we will go 2-8 possibly 3-7. As far as the community and Tate--he lead the middle school team to a championship, but coaching middle school and high school are two totally different beast. By the time I get in from work and drive by they are already finished with practice. I heard they still need coaches though and I have heard the numbers are in low 20's. Times are just different in GC. I heard on 97.3 today of allegations against a coach in Grundy not supervising the players. I did not hear which sport, but I hate this for Grundy County…more and more bad publicity. We are losing student athletes and teachers are also leaving. I still bleed Grundy purple, but things do not look good on the mountain.

That is surprising...You lead them to a championship in MS. But only 20 or so playing for him at the HS. At least yalls baseball coach has it going on!

Coach Tate's only needs 11players to "Run the Valley" Fear the Veer. Got new D coordinator not going to give up any points so only need to kick FG to win.

Coach Tate's only needs 11players to "Run the Valley" Fear the Veer. Got new D coordinator not going to give up any points so only need to kick FG to win.

Love the Veer. When ran right near impossible to stop. Can only slow it down or hope for bad decisions/turnovers. Good luck Grundy hope yall can prove naysayers wrong

• 2 weeks later...

Grundy will be back maybe not this year but I do believe they will be more competitive this year..if the cards are right I believe they could finish 5-5 this year that would be upsets to york and SC wins over whitwell, Watertown, and canno..loses to sequatchie, upperman, DC, south Pitt and Marion..both scrimmages Grundy did well in I'm told..even though they scrimmaged lower A teams..that bein said I hope we see some good improvement this year Coach brewer is bout as good of a DC as you could ask for coached me and our defense was stingy..good luck everybody in this 2016 season

Benji Graham is a great athlete and young man raised by terrific parents. I read in the paper where Brewer was returning home. Who are the other assistants?

Jamboree schedule yet?

Grundy plays 1st and 5th quarter starts at 6 they play silverdale and lookout valley

Edited by Jackets86