AAA Substate Predictions....

tnchad1980

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Crockett?

No, I'm not a big fan of these teams that take players from another school and are one year wonders. They better win all they can because they've got some real payback coming from some of those upper east TN teams. Plus, I have seen them play three times I think, and I've seen science hill twice. I said to my friend, I wouldn't wanna play SH at tourney time and I think they'll win it up there. I think DC has won 5 games in ot this year, sooner or later the odds just have to catch up to you. People up ther are PO'd that their little guard didn't make mr. Bball finalist, he's good, but not a finalist. So, i guess that's why I didn't pick them chad, but I did pick u guys. Lol.

No, I'm not a big fan of these teams that take players from another school and are one year wonders. They better win all they can because they've got some real payback coming from some of those upper east TN teams. Plus, I have seen them play three times I think, and I've seen science hill twice. I said to my friend, I wouldn't wanna play SH at tourney time and I think they'll win it up there. I think DC has won 5 games in ot this year, sooner or later the odds just have to catch up to you. People up ther are PO'd that their little guard didn't make mr. Bball finalist, he's good, but not a finalist. So, i guess that's why I didn't pick them chad, but I did pick u guys. Lol.

If your talking about Goode he has been at DC for a few years after following his dad there from SH. What hurts east tn is other states (Nc) come and pick the best players for private schools. Happened multiple times to SH and DB of players going to Christ School. DC is a good team and if they are on they are hard to beat. They do have a nice win against Oak ridge so they can get there.

Edited by Swipes

No disrespect to Crockett but if they played OR again today I think they would lose by 10-20. Crockett has a very good team but I don't see them winning it all. They've played some good out-of-state competition this year and that will help them if they do make it to the state tournament. They have some good wins on their resume. But the majority of their schedule is incredibly weak. They don't play good competition on a nightly, even weekly, basis like the Memphis,Nashville and Knoxville area schools do. 

In regards to the Science Hill talk, the Toppers have been down the last few years mainly due to transfers. They've lost 6-7 kids to Crockett (followed Coach Good and his son) and 3-4 to private schools in NC, VA etc. This year's team doesn't have a lot of individual talent but they play hard. And that's always been a staple of SH basketball. They are known for playing hard, giving their all, stifling defense regardless of how talented they may be. Their games vs Crockett this season have actually been pretty competitive. They lost by 6 at Crockett last month. And they could've won that game if they hadn't completely collapsed in the final 2 minutes. They lost by 16 to the Pioneers at home a few weeks ago but that game was pretty close until the 4th quarter. If I'm remembering correctly, Crockett held an 8 pt lead going into the 4th. The Toppers will be fine. The JV team is good and the 7th and 8th grade teams look really good.

It will be interesting to watch Crockett going forward. Patrick graduates this year and everyone who has seen that team play knows he carries them on his back every single game. They average 60-70 pts a game and he scores 30-40 of those pts. They'll also be losing Day, Coleman and Martin to graduation as well. So 3-4 of their 5 starters will be gone next season. That's a huge chunk of their scoring that's leaving. Personally, I don't think Coach Good will be there much longer. He'll be at another school in 2 years, max. And I wouldn't even be all that surprised to see him at another school next year. I'd hate to see him end up at DB but I think the Indians are going to come calling soon.

Edited by TFL2001

No disrespect to Crockett but if they played OR again today I think they would lose by 10-20. Crockett has a very good team but I don't see them winning it all. They've played some good out-of-state competition this year and that will help them if they do make it to the state tournament. They have some good wins on their resume. But the majority of their schedule is incredibly weak. They don't play good competition on a nightly, even weekly, basis like the Memphis,Nashville and Knoxville area schools do. 

In regards to the Science Hill talk, the Toppers have been down the last few years mainly due to transfers. They've lost 6-7 kids to Crockett (followed Coach Good and his son) and 3-4 to private schools in NC, VA etc. This year's team doesn't have a lot of individual talent but they play hard. And that's always been a staple of SH basketball. They are known for playing hard, giving their all, stifling defense regardless of how talented they may be. Their games vs Crockett this season have actually been pretty competitive. They lost by 6 at Crockett last month. And they could've won that game if they hadn't completely collapsed in the final 2 minutes. They lost by 16 to the Pioneers at home a few weeks ago but that game was pretty close until the 4th quarter. If I'm remembering correctly, Crockett held an 8 pt lead going into the 4th. The Toppers will be fine. The JV team is good and the 7th and 8th grade teams look really good.

It will be interesting to watch Crockett going forward. Patrick graduates this year and everyone who has seen that team play knows he carries them on his back every single game. They average 60-70 pts a game and he scores 30-40 of those pts. They'll also be losing Day, Coleman and Martin to graduation as well. So 3-4 of their 5 starters will be gone next season. That's a huge chunk of their scoring that's leaving. Personally, I don't think Coach Good will be there much longer. He'll be at another school in 2 years, max. And I wouldn't even be all that surprised to see him at another school next year. I'd hate to see him end up at DB but I think the Indians are going to come calling soon.

I don't think anyone has said that DC would win it all. Like I said if they are on and making like they I can I definitely see them making substate like the topic is talking about. They are way to one dimensional with Good caring the team all the time to win state.

Crockett isnt an one dimensinal team. Maybe if you go to the games you would be able to see that they play unselfish ball.

When Good avg almost half your teams point that's pretty one dimensional. I have seen DC play, and what they can do to teams around here won't happen in the glass house if they make it that far. Outside of their win against Oak Ridge by 2 almost 2 months ago who else have they beat?

When Good avg almost half your teams point that's pretty one dimensional. I have seen DC play, and what they can do to teams around here won't happen in the glass house if they make it that far. Outside of their win against Oak Ridge by 2 almost 2 months ago who else have they beat?

He doesnt avg half of their points. Day is awesome everywhere he shoots the ball from. Whenever Peyton Ford is on his game Crockett is a much better team. They have been playing lights out since the regular season game vs Science Hill. If Coach Good wanted we would be beating teams by 40 points but he has more respect then that.

He doesnt avg half of their points. Day is awesome everywhere he shoots the ball from. Whenever Peyton Ford is on his game Crockett is a much better team. They have been playing lights out since the regular season game vs Science Hill. If Coach Good wanted we would be beating teams by 40 points but he has more respect then that.

That's why I said he ALMOST avg. Half their points. Take Good off that team and they are avg. At best. You are looking through some DC colored glasses and you will see that if they make it to state. I would hope yall have been playing lights out since the end of the regular season the combine record of the teams you have beaten since then are 61-83 and the only decent team has been Science Hill. There isn't going to be no more DB, Volunteer, etc.

You still didn't answer who they have beat other than Oak Ridge 2 months ago?

Edited by Swipes