Fulton 2016. They back or a year away?

LG1977

So a family is moving 200 miles because the mother has been friends with Coach Matthews since high school, but the family looked at several schools? News came out about this kid going to Catholic back at the beginning of last season so this has been in the works for awhile. And an article was written back in October.

https://gridironscouting.com/2015/10/up-next-2020-beast-ready-to-enroll-knox-catholic/
Edited by beastmode89

So a family is moving 200 miles because the mother has been friends with Coach Matthews since high school, but the family looked at several schools? News came out about this kid going to Catholic back at the beginning of last season so this has been in the works for awhile. And an article was written back in October.

https://gridironscouting.com/2015/10/up-next-2020-beast-ready-to-enroll-knox-catholic/

Family is moving here. They visited Catholic over the summer as well as several other schools in this area. I was there when he came to visit and spoke with both the player and his father. I think the mom knowing Coach Matthews helped in the decision but wasn't the only factor. He also has gotten to know the Mays family well since he and Cooper Mays are the same age.

Family is moving here. They visited Catholic over the summer as well as several other schools in this area. I was there when he came to visit and spoke with both the player and his father. I think the mom knowing Coach Matthews helped in the decision but wasn't the only factor. He also has gotten to know the Mays family well since he and Cooper Mays are the same age.

Thanks for the info

No doubt the fact that Butch Jones is already recruiting him is a factor in this as well. Butch gets to have this kid local, the mom reunites with an old friend and I'm sure is being compensated nicely with a fantastic job, certainly better than what she had out west. Call it what you want IrishBball, but it's definitely sketchy

Weird stuff happening at Catholic. Middle school football players "announcing" their committment to Catholic via social media as if they're college players. Call me a pot stirrer if you will, but cases like the big lineman from out West, or Grace's 2 best MS players coming over is why teams like Webb and CAK won't play Catholic for the time being. Too much fishy stuff.

Friend of mine plays golf with a guy who has 2 young kids live North East Knox County that Catholic coaches have already contacted about coming to Knox Cath  ... 7th and 8th graders .. not gonna mention names but the parent was led to believe that the tuition would not be a issue .. can they pay tuition for kids ??? 

Friend of mine plays golf with a guy who has 2 young kids live North East Knox County that Catholic coaches have already contacted about coming to Knox Cath  ... 7th and 8th graders .. not gonna mention names but the parent was led to believe that the tuition would not be a issue .. can they pay tuition for kids ??? 

No they technically can't pay for it but they will bend the rules for one year because they are planning on going back to private school when they do the realignment. They currently give out finical aid to kids and have used the Parents working in the school or for the school to get the tuition cost reduced.  

No they technically can't pay for it but they will bend the rules for one year because they are planning on going back to private school when they do the realignment. They currently give out finical aid to kids and have used the Parents working in the school or for the school to get the tuition cost reduced.  

They don't currently give out financial aid. The parish churches pay a small percentage of tuition for their church members to attend whether they are athletes or not. Both parents and students are allowed to participate in a work study program to offset the cost. The same is true for any private school in the TSSAA.

Dont know what the guy's wife does for a living ... she may be going to work at the school ??? Dont know .. but the friend of mine was asking him cause he said he knew where the guy worked and no way could he afford 2 kids tuition but the guy was told not to worry .. it would be help for that ... didnt explain how to the guy .... was just wondering .. had heard some things of this nature in past  with KC .. maybe the church was paying some ...  

Dont know what the guy's wife does for a living ... she may be going to work at the school ??? Dont know .. but the friend of mine was asking him cause he said he knew where the guy worked and no way could he afford 2 kids tuition but the guy was told not to worry .. it would be help for that ... didnt explain how to the guy .... was just wondering .. had heard some things of this nature in past  with KC .. maybe the church was paying some ...  

My friend heard from his cousin that if Bernie Sanders becomes President then every kid within the Knox County zone can attend KC for no charge at all and transportation is provided..... How can KC do this???

Edited by Yaoming1