Region 7A Tournment

HuskerVol04

GC will win big in this one. Bradford doesn't have enough fire power. Was hoping Peabody would get to see GC again,think they were the only team to cause a real threat to beat GC. Dresden might be able to play them tough as Well. Book Your hotels GC is going to the dance!!

Congrats to Peabody on a great season. 21 wins, 2nd in district tournament and first region birth in 10 years! Great job by the Coach and this group of girls. Would of liked to see them move on but good job all year. This group has a lot to be excited about as young as they are with only 1 senior and with a middle school team that Won over 20 games and the county championship. Good things are still to come.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dresden looked like the best team in the region. GC will have to play better against Dresden than they did tonight. Very lackadaisical on offense.

GC should play better. But I think you're looking a little to far into it. Playing a team that you have beaten 7 times in last 2 years as a close rival and a good team with a star will never be easy. I think you will see a different team Wednesday. If fields will play like she did in second half watch out. I'm still calling GC by 10.

Dresden looked like the best team in the region. GC will have to play better against Dresden than they did tonight. Very lackadaisical on offense.

This may as well be an elimination game! The loser will have to go down to Middleton and will subsequently get killed while sweating to death. Good luck to both teams.

I really thought Bradford was gonna pull it off. They had a great plan. Slow the game down, try to keep Fields and Lannom in check and hit some shots. They did that for three and a half quarters. With Morgan Martin pretty much ice cold from the field. Then, in the last 3 minutes of the third I think they got tentative. They started turning it over and getting in a hurry and Fields got a few easy layups and GC blew the game open

GC wins this one. Dresden has nobody to stop Bre Fields. White and Lannom are pretty good too.  Point guard and post play both favor GC. Dresden can't press GC either or itll be lay up city. GC will outrebound dresden as well. The streak lives, if you don't believe it the schedule has us playing on Wednesday, March 9th.

GC wins this one. Dresden has nobody to stop Bre Fields. White and Lannom are pretty good too. Point guard and post play both favor GC. Dresden can't press GC either or itll be lay up city. GC will outrebound dresden as well. The streak lives, if you don't believe it the schedule has us playing on Wednesday, March 9th.

Don't know bout that. Bradford turned them over and Peabody turned them over with press in district championship. If Dresden comes in with a great game plan they win. GC is beatable, but you have to play your best. This is around the time they choked up last year and more pressure on them this year. With high expectations, undefeated record and best chance to go to state for several years. Can they handle the pressure of it all? Time will tell.

Best HS basketball game maybe I have ever seen. Probably 20 plus lead changes. GC wins by 3 in OT. Dresden can beat Middleton. The way both teams played tonight I believe either would have gave Middleton all they wanted. Both teams well coached and neither deserved to lose.

Edited by pioneer42

Best HS basketball game maybe I have ever seen. Probably 20 plus lead changes. GC wins by 3 in OT. Dresden can beat Middleton. The way both teams played tonight I believe either would have gave Middleton all they wanted. Both teams well coached and neither deserved to lose.

Was definitely one of the better games in the last few years. Not sure either team ever had more than a 5 point lead. Big shot after big shot from both teams. Both coaches made adjustments. Just an all around good game.

I agree.  It was one of the better games I've watched in that gym in quite some time.  (Been going to them for about 15 years or more).  Dresden is the real deal folks.  I agree with others who say that Dresden lost control in the last 2-3 minutes.  You can press GC if you want, but they can handle it for the most part.  Dare say there is not a better conditioned team in West Tennessee than GC Lady Pioneers. 

I am picking Dresden to win against Middleton.  Middleton better be ready, because I can guarantee Dresden is the best team they have played all year.  (my opinion)