Region 2 Tournament

tnchad1980

Great played game by the Powell Panthers. Had a feeling tonight would be a dogfight and it was. This time of year it ain't always about being pretty, but just advancing. Our guys have been off shooting for about 3 games now, but we still find a way to win. I think our strength of schedule, tournament experience, and toughness paid off tonight. Congrats to Powell and their fans on a great season. Beating a tough team like them 4 times in one year is not an easy feat, at all.

Gratz to the Cats, good luck moving forward. I have a question for you cat fans. What do you think about how green works the refs? I get a coach needs to take up for his boys with the referees, but to lobby that out of bounds call infront of his bench and get it overturned was disgusting, everyone in the gym knows it should have been Powell's ball. Would it have made a difference, down 3 with under a minute at OR is not a good place to be, but we'll never know.

Gratz to the Cats, good luck moving forward. I have a question for you cat fans. What do you think about how green works the refs? I get a coach needs to take up for his boys with the referees, but to lobby that out of bounds call infront of his bench and get it overturned was disgusting, everyone in the gym knows it should have been Powell's ball. Would it have made a difference, down 3 with under a minute at OR is not a good place to be, but we'll never know.

I honestly thought it was off of us too, I won't lie. But, you're kidding yourself if you don't think Powell's coach wouldn't have done the same thing c'mon now lol. You think if that play had of been reversed and happened on Powell's bench their coach wouldn't have been arguing it went off of us? C'mon man, lets be real, of course he would've. Silly to say he wouldn't have. I thought it was off of us, but y'all got some good calls, too. Sucks it works out that way and I'd be upset if I were you too, but just how the cookie crumbles sometimes. Both teams played their hearts out.

I honestly thought it was off of us too, I won't lie. But, you're kidding yourself if you don't think Powell's coach wouldn't have done the same thing c'mon now lol. You think if that play had of been reversed and happened on Powell's bench their coach wouldn't have been arguing it went off of us? C'mon man, lets be real, of course he would've. Silly to say he wouldn't have. I thought it was off of us, but y'all got some good calls, too. Sucks it works out that way and I'd be upset if I were you too, but just how the cookie crumbles sometimes. Both teams played their hearts out.

Hate to sound like sour grapes, the Cats are a great team. It just sux to be so close to beating a great team and something like that leave a doubt. Respectfully I am going to have to disagree, Barnes would have never lobbied that call like Green did. The bottom line is that the better team won, now go take care of business and make the east proud.

Hate to sound like sour grapes, the Cats are a great team. It just sux to be so close to beating a great team and something like that leave a doubt. Respectfully I am going to have to disagree, Barnes would have never lobbied that call like Green did. The bottom line is that the better team won, now go take care of business and make the east proud.

We don't know if he would've or not, but easy to say he wouldn't have. We don't know. I can't blame Coach Green. He's a very emotional fella, just his style, and thanks a lot for the well wishes. Congrats on a great season.

Edited by SweetScience

You are full of S%$T if you don't think Barnes would've lobbied for his team. I've personally watched him do it. Sadly some calls go for and some against you, this one...went against the Panthers. I would've been highly upset if Green or ANY other coach had not lobbied for his team at the crucial point in the game.

Edited by tnchad1980