Booker T vs TCA Region 8A Semifinal

Intense

I have nothing whatsoever against TCA and wish all these young kids the best no matter. These are just teenagers who we should all support in the game of life which is far more important than basketball. I mean it's no peace and war.

It' just all the over the top stuff that is insane. That's one thing that drove me away from this place. I rarely even stop in here anymore because of all the over the top stuff and once it's pointed out all heck breaks loose. I've never been one to shy away from pointing out the over the top stuff. I make the point is all. Like when someone is called out then the smack starts which is fine, i can even do that with the best of them.....altho, smack talk doesn't solve anything when. I much prefer a rational conversation based on reality. I always have a rule never trust a HOMERS opinion without first checking on my own or with others that I trust to tell it like it really is.

I'm gonna gve another example of how voer the top this place can be..unrelated to this topic.

thus dude last year came on here (a dude somewhat lots of folks seemed to respect and value his opinions) this dude stated his team had 8 players that averaged double figures in points...i said i call BS, that's virtually impossible in a 32 minute game..it just doesn't happen....i asked for the stats of ever game they played..he talked trash but never produced the stats....a high school team simply cannot have 8 double digit averaging scorers. i'm not saying its never happened but the odds are like the lottery of that happening  lol i was going to concede if he shwed the stats tho...the ones he never could produce....three double digit scorers is good fr a hihg school team, n fact most dont have that

Edited by yankees8589

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West TN alone (no articular order)

Halls

UC

Humboldt

Mitchell

BTW

Middelton

GW Carver

heck even Gibson County maybe could be thrown in there

thats just from West TN (1/3rd of the state)

Whatever the case. I'm under no obligation to prove a TCA team that went 19-13 in in the weakest district in West TN is a top 10 state team. A team that just lost to BTW 74 to 44 in a 32 minute game. A team that finished the last 11 games at 6 and 5 with two of those losses in post season.

BTW 74 TCA 44 in a 32 minute games is really all that needs to be said. I mean this is an elimination game..you know you loose there is no more basketball. Again BTW 74 TCA 44 in a 32 minute game.

As you have admitted you did not see TCA play. Four of those losses were during the first 5 games when 4 of first 6 players were on the football field. Since you are a know it all you should have known that! Those would have been easy wins. We beat all of those teams the second time around when we had all of our players. We were 7 deep this year maximum. We played up to 9 but big drop off after 7. We had a two week stretch where 3 starters were out due to sickness and injuries. We lost two games(I'm not including Middleton because they were the better team even when we were healthy) during that time that we would not have lost if healthy. Those are just facts. I'm sure you will say they are excuses. You got three teams right in your list.....BTW, Mitchell and Halls. Carver? See, you don't even do your research! MAHS beat Carver and finished third. Who beat MAHS? Most of those teams listed would beat any of the teams from Easr and Middle so when you put TCA on your list they are top 10.

In regards to my travel basketball team, we travelled around for 8 or 9 years and played in lots of tournaments. We got our brains beat out in the early years but eventually started winning tournaments later on. You ever heard of the War Eagle tournament? Team Penny beat us in the finals two or three years ago. They beat us by about 20 but we were competitive. I don't know how much more you need to know.

You're nothing but a troll and I won't feed you anymore! You always have to get on the T and criticize teams and players. You never have good or positive things to say. It's real easy to be critical. It's not as easy to say positive things. Did you hear me criticize Booker T or Middleton after we lost to them? No! I especially gave props to Middleton because of the classy program and coach they have. I don't know the BTW program as well but they were very classy last Tuesday night as they thumped us. I think BTW, Mitchell and Halls could very easily beat the best AA teams in West Tn. I don't think any other Single A team could do that. They are at another level. We will see after tomorrow night. Go back to your day job. You are probably better at it!

I think the difference between 16A and 15A teams is the basketball players vs athletes. In Memphis they play BBL year round. Our best player plays BBL only. Watching the TCA / BTW game it was obvious. Another reason is the guard play in Memphis. I watched 3 15A teams during the regional and the only guard that was on Mitchell/BTW level was number 11 from Jackson Christian. He would get minutes at either school. TCA is a good program but to move to a top program they must prove they can win in post season away from home. I believe MAHS would defeat them in Memphis. They gave BTW all they wanted this year. One

great thing about TCA is the coach. He does a great job of adjusting except for playing BTW man to man the other night. He runs some nice sets. As for the other teams is west TN UC size hurt them last year. Their guards had post size and their posts had guards size. Monday night will be 2 battles in Halls and Memphis. All 4 teams are good. Stock 68 and TCA Intense this will not be a 20 point game.

I have in fact seen TCA play three times 

and I would also note once again TCA was an average team at best from the weakest district in West, TN.

I simply called you to the carpet because of the BS. Nothing more nothing less. Just like your over the top stuff about the UC game last year and like TCA over BTW by 3. These were your words and opinions, you own them. Not me or anyone else.

again, you were in the wrong side of the arguments by a country mile.

I was simply saying who i thought was better in West, TN if TCA had to play them. of course just opinion is all. Never know right? just because GW Carver lost doesn't prove or disprove anything one what or the other if teams have not in fact played each other. NC State beat Phi Slamma Jamma too but lost a ton of game that season. If teams have not squared off all we have is opinions , mine is certainly just as valid as yours. I mean it does stand to reason the tougher the schedule and district the more likely to take a loss a team might not otherwise take if in a weaker district..not rocket sciene.....like you know what if a team plays 4 hard fought games in a row for example, would it surprise if they were running in fumes and dropped a close game against a good team? stuff happens

wheter that happened with GW Carver i have no idea nor do i care. I'm simply saying i would take them over TCA on a neutral site without hesitation

I can honestly say this, I have never came to a conclusion based on whomever i pull for. I call it like i see it. 

Edited by yankees8589

I think the difference between 16A and 15A teams is the basketball players vs athletes. In Memphis they play BBL year round. Our best player plays BBL only. Watching the TCA / BTW game it was obvious. Another reason is the guard play in Memphis. I watched 3 15A teams during the regional and the only guard that was on Mitchell/BTW level was number 11 from Jackson Christian. He would get minutes at either school. TCA is a good program but to move to a top program they must prove they can win in post season away from home. I believe MAHS would defeat them in Memphis. They gave BTW all they wanted this year. One

great thing about TCA is the coach. He does a great job of adjusting except for playing BTW man to man the other night. He runs some nice sets. As for the other teams is west TN UC size hurt them last year. Their guards had post size and their posts had guards size. Monday night will be 2 battles in Halls and Memphis. All 4 teams are good. Stock 68 and TCA Intense this will not be a 20 point game.

I agree 100% on all that

As you have admitted you did not see TCA play. Four of those losses were during the first 5 games when 4 of first 6 players were on the football field. Since you are a know it all you should have known that! Those would have been easy wins. We beat all of those teams the second time around when we had all of our players. We were 7 deep this year maximum. We played up to 9 but big drop off after 7. We had a two week stretch where 3 starters were out due to sickness and injuries. We lost two games(I'm not including Middleton because they were the better team even when we were healthy) during that time that we would not have lost if healthy. Those are just facts. I'm sure you will say they are excuses. You got three teams right in your list.....BTW, Mitchell and Halls. Carver? See, you don't even do your research! MAHS beat Carver and finished third. Who beat MAHS? Most of those teams listed would beat any of the teams from Easr and Middle so when you put TCA on your list they are top 10.

In regards to my travel basketball team, we travelled around for 8 or 9 years and played in lots of tournaments. We got our brains beat out in the early years but eventually started winning tournaments later on. You ever heard of the War Eagle tournament? Team Penny beat us in the finals two or three years ago. They beat us by about 20 but we were competitive. I don't know how much more you need to know.

You're nothing but a troll and I won't feed you anymore! You always have to get on the T and criticize teams and players. You never have good or positive things to say. It's real easy to be critical. It's not as easy to say positive things. Did you hear me criticize Booker T or Middleton after we lost to them? No! I especially gave props to Middleton because of the classy program and coach they have. I don't know the BTW program as well but they were very classy last Tuesday night as they thumped us. I think BTW, Mitchell and Halls could very easily beat the best AA teams in West Tn. I don't think any other Single A team could do that. They are at another level. We will see after tomorrow night. Go back to your day job. You are probably better at it!

I said 6 and 5 to finish the season...whatever the case i really dnt care ne way or the other..i stand by everything I say 100%. TCA was an OK team at best.

Yankees8589, you listed some impressive teams! I can go back a few years on you apparently...Bobby Parks' and Steve Hamer's Middleton teams...the old Denmark West teams led by coach Greer, some of the Perry County teams from the 70's up till Jacob Tucker & co...and I've also watched almost all that made your list. At the risk of sticking my neck out where I don't have to, five West Tn. teams better than TCA I'll concede. Five more statewide...I cant say for sure that they're out there. Mitchell, BTW, and Halls could all claim top ten in AA in my opinion, with Union city right on their heels. Nobody claimed that TCA could compete with any teams you or I listed as standouts in memory, just top ten this season in 1A, and I'm not ready to say that they were definitely not. Hampton and Clay Co. come to mind and Meigs Co. had a young guard that I thought would have them in contention soon, but not sure if anyone other than these two (or maybe three) that you could say for certain that TCA couldn't compete with.

Edited by tradertwo