Arguably the AAA Final Four starts tonight @ La Vergne

GoPats2019

That isn't even close to a good statement. Bearden. William Blount. Oakridge all can hang with those teams if scheme is right. Sub state here could be Morristown West. William Blount. Bearden. All 3 could make a run

You can't be serious. You honestly and truly believe that those teams can compete w/ Rutherford Co. basketball? Those teams would be 5th place & below in this district.  

Edited by ballinup90

You can't be serious. You honestly and truly believe that those teams can compete w/ Rutherford Co. basketball? Those teams would be 5th place & below in this district.

Lets all just go ahead and give out the trophies the Riverdale and Stewarts Creek. Save everyone Gas money.......

Lets all just go ahead and give out the trophies the Riverdale and Stewarts Creek. Save everyone Gas money.......

Might as well that is what is going to happen anyway. East Tn is weak overall. You have a couple good teams but that's about it. Anyone but Morristown West will be viewed as an easy victory and that's a fact.

Edited by UCSportsFan

I don't have a dog in the fight, but what's keeping one of those inferior East TN teams from playing the 4 corners offense against the Rutherford Co goliaths? That's exactly why I wish more teams would play stall ball, just to prove that point. And to be a fly in the ointment.

Edited by osunut2
  • Upvote 1

Might as well that is what is going to happen anyway. East Tn is weak overall. You have a couple good teams but that's about it. Anyone but Morristown West will be viewed as an easy victory and that's a fact.

I guess that's why they play the games. There is always a shot and have said all year Morristown West has a fighters chance and still do.

The same view you have is how good teams get beat by the way so I hope they all have thr same view

I guess that's why they play the games. There is always a shot and have said all year Morristown West has a fighters chance and still do.

The same view you have is how good teams get beat by the way so I hope they all have thr same view

Hate to be a fly in the ointment....but didn't Morristown West lose to South Doyle a few weeks ago?  I see they beat SD in the Region, but what happened?

Hate to be a fly in the ointment....but didn't Morristown West lose to South Doyle a few weeks ago? I see they beat SD in the Region, but what happened?

They couldn't throw in the ocean and played their worst game of the year. That was their only loss in the state of TN. The other 2 games against them they won by 16 and last night by 36.

Edited by Swipes

Blackman, Oakland, Riverdale, and now Stewarts Creek is probably one of the best districts in the SE. They have high major D1 talent on their teams - nightly. Lets be honest here.

You are correct it is hand down the best district overall in all the state, but that's mean you go ahead and claim them champions. I'm pretty sure Stewarts Creek didn't think they would lose at home a few weeks ago against Smyrna either. That same Smyrna team was in a tourneyment that featured both Bearden and Morristown west and got beat the first round by Greeneville a team Morristown West would handle with ease.

It's basketball and anything can happen with matchups, coaching, and who is on or off one day once you make it to the glass house

You are correct it is hand down the best district overall in all the state, but that's mean you go ahead and claim them champions. I'm pretty sure Stewarts Creek didn't think they would lose at home a few weeks ago against Smyrna either. That same Smyrna team was in a tourneyment that featured both Bearden and Morristown west and got beat the first round by Greeneville a team Morristown West would handle with ease.

It's basketball and anything can happen with matchups, coaching, and who is on or off one day once you make it to the glass house

100% agree. March is a month for winners. Anything can happen.

Edited by ballinup90