Blackman- Riverdale (rematch)

Guest JESUSISLIFE2

I want to say three or four things here!If a school has a good program everyone hates them PERIOD!!It doesn't matter if they do wrong or right everyone hates them.

I think Riverdale will beat Blackman agian not as bad as the first time but a victory for the warriors none the less!

Listen if recruiting goes on it isn't just one school and it isn't the players it would be the adminstration!So don't point fingers at players!And if a recruit does come to a school he is still just a kid trying to play football and make it to the next level!If you want to be the best you need to play the best don't ever forget that!YOU are only as good as your competition!I have been involved with several winning programs during my life time(Lincoln Co,Moore Co,Riverdale)They have all been called cheaters but believe me tssaa keeps a close eye on all schools!

Can't we just play our best and if we lose just say we didn't play our best game or maybe they other team was really better! C'mon 45-6 looks like the other team was better that night!And before you say Rico didn't play does he make up for 39 points!!Let's consider what we say some times!

And now I must say to Region4,onlineathlete and there are several more out there but you two I like your style and hope the best for you guys and your teams!

GO WARRIORS!! :)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Stumpman.....It is nice to hear your comments. They all make perfect sense. I know that you consistently post for Riverdale. You could get on here and rub it in to all of us fans because you have beaten us all.But you and the user called Riverdale don't. In fact, I really like the guy that calls himself" Riverdale." We have had fun all season long. Like I said the Riverdale team shows class. Until someone knocks you off, you are the defending state champs. I think your stadium is one of the nicest around. Your fans are vocal. Your band is good. I loved your Warrior on the horse , the spear, and the smoke...it is like the NFL!!(I was disappointed not to see it last Fri though cause of the weather.)I like how your players prayed with ours after the games. I feel like there was total respect for each other. Your team has a lot of talent and has excellent coaches. It is no wonder that kids move into your zones.You have a program to be proud of and the envy of many. Good luck to you this Friday night. I always enjoy going to Tomahawk.

[Edited by region4fan on 11-19-02 6:39P]

to all my blackman friends, choose your battles wisely. i believe there are bigger battles to fight than to sit here and argue with people who aren't going to see eye to eye with you. we are all different and are all entitled to think differently as well. some of these guys are not going to convert to being blaze fans over night, or ever for that matter. you're letting off hot air by going back and forth like this, not to mention adding unecessary stress to your lives. just sit back and enjoy the fact that we're in the QUARTERFINALS!! it's been a long hard road, probably harder than other teams', but hey, that makes it all the better. onlineathelete and region4fan and everyone else who doesn't necessarily post for blackman is entitled to his opinion. let him speak. as i've said before, learn to take what you dish out. anyway, there's no need to be spitting stats back and forth and using rico as an argument topic. the TEAM will play friday, not just #5.

P.S. blazep, sorry for the comment earlier when i called you a freshie. i meant no harm.

I respect your last post. Accusation of ignorance aside, I still respect you. I think I'd like to meet you, spar in real life maybe.

If I could give you a good mark for that one I would.

-JohnC

PS-I've never been accused of being ignorant before. Doesn't happen that often. I think I was taken out of context or I was typing fast and typed the wrong thing. Either way, I'm going to miss these weekly character bashings both ways when the season is over. Email me, come and see me at work sometime. .

Guest PelicanDan

I hate to hear blackman's starting QB is out. Last year the excuse was Ralph Stembridge got hurt was why they lost. I guess their excuse this year will be Amburgey.

[Edited by PelicanDan on 11-20-02 8:47A]

Sorry to have to inform of this, but almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Bottom line is, last year yall got beat and put out. This year, it wasnt even close. So before you get on here talking about last year, think about this years earlier game. Just b/c u are up on a team and almost win dont mean nothing. Oakand was up at blackman and riverdale this year, but lost. What does that accomplish? Nuthing. Truthfully, i just think that everybody needs to forget what happened in earlier meetings. There is nothing you can do about a lost game. Look forward. If everybody in the world believed that riverdale would win, it wouldnt matter. Thats why you play the game. so just forget all this crap about last time, last year, and just shut up and go out there and play the game.

olineahtlete,

This is all fan mumbo-jumbo! You have to take it with a grain of salt as they say. I guarantee none of these guys posting are players! region4fan, you keep talking about RHS/OHS respecting each other, but the fact is all three of the Boro teams respect each other! 90% of these guys grew up playing together in the Mustangs! All that stuff about turning RHS in was between the higher ups not the kids! Besides, that just helped the rivalry evolve faster! That's the one thing about Murfreesboro I love the most, regardless of race or monitary stature all the kids I've known in my years of coaching really get along! That's something special in this day and age! You can go right down I-24 into the big city and it's alot different! Come to the game Friday night and you'll see I'm right! As soon as it's over no matter who wins you will see there is lots of hugs and love between the players! The Murfreesboro community as a whole is lucky b/c the kids in the area are exceptional on and off the field! :D

Guest BHSSportGuy

Well, yes I'm a fan so I'm going to choose BHS of course'. The only think I like about RHS is my good friend Spike McDaniel. He's my boy, and he is UNDERrated. But that won't matter. BHS is looking for major revenge from last years playoff game. Like it or not, Seniors DO remember last year, and Rico DOES remember last year, just like everyone. I've talked to players and coaches, and we are ready for RHS. We wont be going in scared this time like earlier this year. Reason we were scared: RICO wasn't there. He IS a big motivator for us, and our team is hyped this week.

FINAL SCORE: BHS: 21 RHS: 17

It's cool wildlymild. Well I talked to one of the players today and i asked him was some of the Blackman players were scared going into this game. He thought about it for a second like he didnt want to answer, then he said ya but thier was only one. Why would anyone be scared of playing Riverdale? At the least i would be excited. As you guys say some of these players known each other for years and this is a challage. A challege for braging rights in Murfressboro, and maybe the state. Dont be scared, be confident. I asked him about how the practices were going he said Rico, Ed, and Will were really getting after them. See thats what i'm talking about senior leadership. Thats what this team need in a big game like this. For some of this guys it will be the last time they ever stap up the pads ever again. So why not, why not play like there is no tommorow. GOOD LUCK BLAZE....

:D:D

what are u talking about?? ive talked to alot of the players today to and NONE of them are scared..not a single one..riverdale is just a name that people are scared of....the blaze can go out there friday and play smash mouth fball and come out with a win at tomahawk..just believe bhs

Ya but do you really think thier gonna answer that question honestly. Of course not, ya thier gonna admit their scared. The player i talked to was honest. He said there was only one starting player he knew of that was scared. That player lacks heart, but he'll come around. He will be ready because i know him well enough to know he will..