Livingston @ McMinn Central

Exactly.  So the free throw excuse doesn't hold water.  I'm not sure why MC faithful are on here making excuses for only winning by 3 points.  You won!! Both teams were evenly matched. MC had 2 times to put the game away (leads by 8 and 10) but couldn't as LA rained down shots when they counted. To compare the last MC win by 18 or whatever it was is silly. Anyone who watched that game last night at the gym, like I did, saw 2 even teams. It could have gone either way. 

I don't think we're making excuses, but McMinn Central normally shoots better from the free throw line, and much better from the field. LA did play good defensively and kept Jacobi neutralized quite well in holding her to 19 points.  LA also rebounded much better than Central.

Central coach Morgan did some very odd substituting last night, having freshmen in there at critical times. And my biggest gripe, he stayed in man to man the whole game.

2 Real good teams! Central was much deeper but LA starting 5 really good! Both teams battled hard! Refs were below average for such a big game! As a Chargerette fan I can say LA is well Coached and a very good team Both teams have alot to be proud of!

Is Lamb #14?  She's a very good all around player, but has a temper. When she came off the floor with her 4th foul she slammed the chair with her fist. When she fouled out she pointed toward the ref when she got to the sideline and cursed him, then she kicked the chair and slammed the chair with her fist again. The ref didn't see any of that or she would have got a technical.

Temper? An 18 year girl thought she could have just played her last game for the team that she has loved since her elementary years. Yes she punched the chair in frustration at herself  because she committed 2 stupid fouls and hurt her team. And she didn't point at the ref, she was pointing to the girl she was guarding as she was telling her coach and teammate. What Keelie has is  competitiveness and heart. You won the game and I wish your girls the best of luck. But don't get on here and talk about things you don't know about. Get your story straight before you try to bash someone daughter! By the way she didn't come out after her 4th foul either. I know, I sat directly behind the bench!

Keelies' Dad

Welcome to the T!  :D

Wasn't there, but listened to every minute via radio. McMinn had chances to dispose of Livingston early, but couldn't. Even late in the third, the lead grew to ten, and the Lady Cats came battling back. Blame it on officials, (hate the term ref, makes one look ignorant), free throws, poor shooting, whatever. BUT, in the end the result is what it is. McMinn Central moves on, Livingston goes home. 

Just came to say really that I'm proud of Coach Riddle and the Lady Cats. Great group of kids, they work hard, and it hasn't been the easiest of years, for sure. To go to Central and play within one possession is not something many do in a lot of games, much less the sectional. You have nothing to hang your head about. Thank you to Keelie for four great years and to the four juniors in the starting line-up and the rest of the crew on the bench, bottle up this feeling and don't feel it again next year. Best of luck to all moving forward.

It was an outstanding game to watch. Neither team played perfect, but both played their hearts out. I checked my fitbit in the last minute and my heart rate was at 126. And that was me sitting and hardly making a sound but just watching. That #14 for Livingston was a heck of a player. I can understand her reaction in the end. I've been there (not to that extent; I was neither that good nor ever made it that far in my respective sport), but I cried my eyes out when I knew my high school career was done after playing a sport since I was 3 years old. I was very proud of Central for keeping their composure after Jacobi fouled out. 5 minutes to go, down 1, and without your leader on the court. That shows guts. Same for Livingston. Down 10 in a matter of a minute, and back in the game within a few more. Those girls had ice water in the veins it seemed. Both teams proved they were more than just one player. Both sides should be proud. Sub-State is a completely different animal than some holiday tournament. I don't think anybody realistically believed that Central would win by 18 again. I sure didn't. Amazing game and I'm glad my team won. That's 3 in a row against LA which is fun to see considering how much LA dominated us for most of the games prior to that in substate or state. 

I'm excited at the prospect of seeing MC versus Upperman in the semis, but each team has a game to win before we get to that. 

Edited by Cody

Why do some people come on here and ruin a great game by speaking negative about a high school player, blaming the officials, and making excuses on how their team would have won by more if x,y,and z would have happened.

Because that's common America today. Just look at Sanders and Clinton as examples and their voters.

A big "Thank you" to Keelie Lamb For the enjoyment you have provided this old fan during your career. You are what "Hogeye" is all about! 

Agreed. We always enjoy watching the whole team each year, but our family has tabbed Keelie "our favorite player" over the last few years. Each time she stepped on the court this year, she was always the best "all-around" player. She was extremely effective at any position. Hard-nosed and gritty. Always the first off the floor for a rebound, list goes on. Congrats to Hogeye and Coach Riddle on a great year.

It was an outstanding game to watch. Neither team played perfect, but both played their hearts out. I checked my fitbit in the last minute and my heart rate was at 126. And that was me sitting and hardly making a sound but just watching. That #14 for Livingston was a heck of a player. I can understand her reaction in the end. I've been there (not to that extent; I was neither that good nor ever made it that far in my respective sport), but I cried my eyes out when I knew my high school career was done after playing a sport since I was 3 years old. I was very proud of Central for keeping their composure after Jacobi fouled out. 5 minutes to go, down 1, and without your leader on the court. That shows guts. Same for Livingston. Down 10 in a matter of a minute, and back in the game within a few more. Those girls had ice water in the veins it seemed. Both teams proved they were more than just one player. Both sides should be proud. Sub-State is a completely different animal than some holiday tournament. I don't think anybody realistically believed that Central would win by 18 again. I sure didn't. Amazing game and I'm glad my team won. That's 3 in a row against LA which is fun to see considering how much LA dominated us for most of the games prior to that in substate or state. 

I'm excited at the prospect of seeing MC versus Upperman in the semis, but each team has a game to win before we get to that. 

Well said.

Livingston Academy can be proud of the girls, coach and supporters. We have our share of disappointment over the years in substate games against 8AA foes. Most faithful and knowledgable Central fans knew we had our hands full. As good as high school girls game I have seen.

Hogeye- Best nickname in the state!

Why do some people come on here and ruin a great game by speaking negative about a high school player, blaming the officials, and making excuses on how their team would have won by more if x,y,and z would have happened.

I'd much rather see someone blaming an official or making excuses rather than a kid...there's no place for that!