Middleton vs Harriman

RAINMAN11

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they knocked off Meiggs County and Grace Christian in getting here. I would say they are playing well, but South Green blew Midway out (Midway was #2 in Harriman's region championship) so I would say just looking at it that Middleton would be favored by 12 or so if I would have to guess. Middleton, South Green and Pickett County as you know based on what we seen last year are tough outs.

Tough draw for Harriman. Middleton's kids have been there-done that-got the tee shirt...and the gold ball. Everyone in 1A ball knows the achievement's of the Lady Tigers over the past four or five seasons...then you have Harriman...first time on the big stage, and facing the defending champs.

I'm sure that Harriman has a fine team (wouldn't be there otherwise) and a good coach, just hope that they can bring their A game to the table and let the chips fall.

Looks like they knocked off Meiggs County and Grace Christian in getting here. I would say they are playing well, but South Green blew Midway out (Midway was #2 in Harriman's region championship) so I would say just looking at it that Middleton would be favored by 12 or so if I would have to guess. Middleton, South Green and Pickett County as you know based on what we seen last year are tough outs.

Just to set the record straight, Meigs lost their starting post player in the district tournament to an ACL, so to say they were out manned is an understatement. Hard to overcome that loss that late in the season. Congrats Harriman and Midway.. No excuses

We are a scrappy bunch and probably one of the biggest teams you'll see. We've got a girl well over six foot in Johnson that plays the post along with Franklin who is also at the 6 foot mark. Our best player is about 5' 11" and that's Madison Duncan. She's a threat inside and out and she has to be guarded everywhere on the floor. We've got another guard that's about 5' 5" in Monkhouse. She has very good handles and can hit effectively from the three point line. As of late we've been hot and played very efficient and effective basketball and it's an honor to have made it to the state tournament. We look forward to the matchup with Middleton as it should be a nice one. I hope that our size can cause issues for Middleton down the stretch. That being said, could some of you folks give some insight on Middleton and the style you play, how big you are, and key players to watch.

Middleton has two bigs in Chelsea Perry 6'0 on last years program who is a beast down low and Tyra Smith who is in the game with her at times but don't start and I would say she is a big 5'9. The Warren kid is a guard who likes to take it to the rim as well and shoot threes as does the Pledge kid. Your best bet, IMO is get it to your bigs down low and try to get them in foul trouble and on defense I would play them a sagging zone and make them beat me from outside. Their down low game is their bread and butter, but they can shoot outside as well but I would have rather them beat me from 18-20 feet rather than 2-8, JMO.

Middleton has two bigs in Chelsea Perry 6'0 on last years program who is a beast down low and Tyra Smith who is in the game with her at times but don't start and I would say she is a big 5'9. The Warren kid is a guard who likes to take it to the rim as well and shoot threes as does the Pledge kid. Your best bet, IMO is get it to your bigs down low and try to get them in foul trouble and on defense I would play them a sagging zone and make them beat me from outside. Their down low game is their bread and butter, but they can shoot outside as well but I would have rather them beat me from 18-20 feet rather than 2-8, JMO.

We have Cherele Jones who start she's 6'2 and Perry 6'2 as well

Middleton wins this game by 20+. None of the teams are bad at this level but Harriman is one of the weaker teams left in the tournament.

UC who wins the Pickett County/South Green game? I know both can play as both took Middleton to the wire last year. I am taking Pickett County but know it could go the other way.

UC who wins the Pickett County/South Green game? I know both can play as both took Middleton to the wire last year. I am taking Pickett County but know it could go the other way.

Pickett should be win this game, they didn't lose anyone from last year and they play a very tough schedule.  South Greene is a quality opponent though and will be a tough out.  PC is just too good though, they are solid at every position including the coaching staff and they have a lights out 3 point shooter in Abby Buck. 

Yeah Pickett County looked good last year. One advantage I think they will have is they play a tough South Green opponent Wed., have a day off, then play another opponent on Fri. that might not be the caliber of South Green, whereas assuming GC and Middleton do play on Friday it will be a war and they will both have played on Thurs. I think the bracket sets up well for a Pickett County Gold Ball. I really do.

Yeah Pickett County looked good last year. One advantage I think they will have is they play a tough South Green opponent Wed., have a day off, then play another opponent on Fri. that might not be the caliber of South Green, whereas assuming GC and Middleton do play on Friday it will be a war and they will both have played on Thurs. I think the bracket sets up well for a Pickett County Gold Ball. I really do.

Agreed! That day off is huge if you can win on Wednesday.